SOTD: Saturday 27 May - Friday 2 June 2023.

Monday 29th May

AJFCJaUG3g7VO70ggywoFwAY04f_zjV1Gt2cAG6aROv5egNUG9r65IGLwCnOhhwKUfhCwcCrd6oMhmtb-pZ4XuZwWPlvCdsu8SuDKu6JGy5EoqgC4fAQxF48I9PveeEAkj31kpldMH5Z9mcnxYOZRdtRrGet4w=w1200

Imperial Leather (Vintage) Shave Bowl & Macy Associates No.5 w/Muhle Silvertip Fibre 22mm
Gillette Tech pre-War American (Brass) & Super Gillette Blue (NOS T4 1999) (1)
Imperial Leather Classic (Vintage) Aftershave

Starting Tech June-kies a little early, but my strategy is to use a different Tech each week and so with June starting mid-week, I'm starting now ...

Tech What-skies? Tech June-kies ... you know, like Tech Junkies? See: https://www.theshavingroom.co.uk/community/threads/tech-june-kies.58220/

Basically, "Get yer Techs out for the lads!"

I picked a pre-War model to start with, a lovely red and yellow brass American model and paired that with the closest that I dare to the original Super Gillette Blue, this NOS/vintage Shanghai production dated T4 which I believe is 1999. Mr-Razor shows us a date coded W as 2001, so it might be a 1998. See: https://www.mr-razor.com/Rasierklingen/2001 (W2) 5 Super Gillette Blue Blades Shanghai.JPG

Straight-up 9.5/10 shave. This NOS/vintage production feels more like today's Gillette London Bridge than the current Super Gillette Blue, maybe a little vampiric (although I got away with it) but that defining smoothness came through by the end of the shave. I expect the second run to be up there with the current production that I rate very highly.

Lovely lather with the vintage Imperial Leather and finished off with a splash of the Classic version of the aftershave, which is most definitely more leather than urine as the older "cock and balls" bottle can sometimes give a hint of. Ever-so slightly cooling, too ... in the way that Puig Quorum aftershave is. Not mentholated, but something temporarily cooling.

Good start! This will be my setup for the week and I'll switch to the pre-War Canadian for the weekend with a change of soap and brush.

Hope to see you Tech Junkies out there through the coming month ...

Razor = ATT Windsor Pro
Blade = London Bridge ( 1 )
Brush = That Darn Robb 26mm Boar
Soap = Wickhams Apricus
Splash = Myrsol Don Miguel
Balm = Wilkinson Sword Post Shave Balm
IMG_1108.jpegWell well well
What a shave totally first class, 10/10 from a razor i couldn’t really be bothered with.
Iv never gotten on with this razor to the extent i was going to give it another go before deciding to get rid,
Time will tell if iv had a chance of heart but if today’s shave is anything to go by then it’s a keeper.
Bit as i say time will tell.
The Soap was a first for me and a wonderful surprise gift from the 3 Amigos
@Boycie83, @Blademonkey & @Tony'schin
Thank You Lads it’s genuinely much appreciated.
The scent is right up my street on the citrus front & like most of the Wickhams soaps it has the right balance,
I paired it with the Myrsol for colour & colour only lol
Sad i know but hey that’s me over the back.
This aftershave is weird,
i’m unsure if i like it & i can tell you my wife hates it,
So when i seen that look on her face earlier on i thought right i better get the myrsol on :p .
Out of all the brushes i have this one is definitely up there with the best.
It was the first Darn Robb brush i owned & it was my first boar,
It’s also Thee most scritchy brush i have.
40 - 50 shaves later it still doesn’t feel broken in & it’s the way i like it.
Also the balm was a first which i found in Boots today.
and surprisingly it was good although i found it a bit expensive at £10 although i am a miserable bugger.
Advertised as
Outrageously Cooling with Mint Forrest Scent.
The balm has a touch of menthol but not to much,
just the right amount that my eyes weren’t streaming.
According to the bottle you should get 55 shaves so perhaps not so bad for £10.
Anyway i feel i’m on a rant so i’ll quit whilst the going is good.
Stay Safe Boys n Girls & Enjoy Your Week.

IMG_1110.png

Continuing on from @pjgh, I don't think June will suffice to use every one of my Techs, so I've started early on the Tech June-kies. I'll be using Nacet blagged with all of them so I can really tell the difference.

Two shaves with my gold Tech to start with yesterday and today (Monday) It's a bit mild, nice enough, but with the Arko soap yesterday I didn't think there was enough slickness. Remedied today using the Signature soap.

Different Tech's to follow from now until June endeth.

Attachments

• 20230529_152250.jpg
    20230529_152250.jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 9
  • 20230528_175855.jpg
    20230528_175855.jpg
    135.4 KB · Views: 9
Tue 30
Soap & Aftershave Stirling Margaritas in the Arctic
Brush Yaqi 24mm Silvertip
Razor J. R. Torrey 5/8
A very nice soap & matching splash...cooling, smells refreshing with a creamy and slick lather whip-up with the excellent brush.
Another wonderful shave with this razor. Stroped on the roo leather, the edge was buttery smooth and crisply keen in 3 passes for a bbs-dfs finish...
20230530_074716.jpg

SOTD: 30th May 2023.

3.jpg

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/Dove Men+Care Clean Comfort Body + Face Wash.

Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face
Brush: Omega 11137.
Pears Original Transparent Bar Soap.
Face & Head Lather.
Lather: Haslinger Schafmilch & Lanolin Shaving Soap.
Razor: 1940's Thin Handle Gillette Flat Bottom Tech. (ENG)
- Dorco Prime Platinum. (D1)
Razor: Kanzy K100. (Head/Dome)- Dorco Prime Platinum. (D1.)

Cold water face wash with brush squeezing's, Cold Water Face Rinse./Alum Rub./Cold Water Rinse/Homemade (~Spring/Summer mix~) Lemon, Eucalyptus, Tea Tree, Essential Oils.3 Menthol Crystals Mixed Together With 200ml of Care+Witch Hazel./Floid Mentholado Vigorso ASL. / Nivea Men Fresh moisturising Gel.

Greetings,

Early morning Shave,

A wonderful early morning face & head shave....A great performance from the Haslinger Schafmilch.

My mature skin loves shaving soap that contains lanolin the slickness and post shave feel this soap delivers is superb...Wonderful stuff!

An enjoyable early morning face & head shave to finish my last shave of May with no errors to report.

Finishing the shave off with a few small dollops of Nivea Men Fresh moisturising Gel.

My face & head are feeling cool & super smooth. ;)

Keep safe, and enjoy your day ladies & gentlemen. :cool:

Last edited:
SOTD 30-May
20230530_081737-01.jpeg
Brush: C&H 'Finned' V14
Soap: B&M Reserve Spice
Razor: CG Everyday
Blade: Super Thins

Wonderful shave, dug out the last of the B&M Reserve Spice that I had stuffed into a stick dispenser for travel. Slapped onto the face and went to town with the brush, wonderful lather and cracking scent. When, and if, I eventually get through the shulton original I could quite happily replace it with this, it's not identical but it is very close.

Hope everyone has a grand day.

Cheers

Marc

Tuesday 30 May

Henson AL13 medium
Edwardian shaving brush by Walker & Hall London 1901, modern synthetic badger re-knot.
D.R.Harris Marlborough soap
Astra extra stainless

Everything about the 2 pass shave was perfect except soap. No scent, hard to lather and dried quickly on the face. The bin awaits but the wooden bowl will be put to use with a puck of Tabac, an old favourite of mine. So not a real loss.
Carpe Diem fellas!

IMG_0096.jpeg

IMG_1809.jpeg
SOTD: 29/05/2023

Razor: Shield Avenger
Blade: Kai Captain Mild Blue, 4th use
Brush: Highlander Copper Colonel Plissoft Knot
Bowl: 3D Printed Bowl
Preshave: PAA Cube Unscented Soap
Soap: HC&C/Pasteur’s Pharmacy Empire State Of Mind Puck
Balm: L’Oréal All In 1 Moisturising Cream Balm
Fragrance: Dior Sauvage Elixir EdP

Superb shave yesterday before heading out for the week in the caravan.

Tue 30th May

RR 400. SE Plissoft noir
Lea Classic soap
Schick J3- Hydro Magic 500
NOS Schick Super Platinum- Sweden ( 7 )
Lea Classic A/S Lotion

A pleasant enough Shave, though the performance of the blade is tailing off a bit.A bit of a frustrating morning as builders have not come to finish off works, so likely to drag on till weekend .

5964598D-15D2-4B54-8B51-4E1BBDC818C1.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom