SOTD : Saturday 26th February-Friday 4th March 2022.

Hi Ben,
I’ve had it for a year now and though better in the summer it’s still a bit much for me. I like lightly mentholated soaps but I’d argue it’s the wrong side of medium/strong for me. My eyes and skin can’t cope with it! Don’t get me wrong if I was living somewhere hotter than sunny Nottinghamshire it would be amazing, but it’s not worth it for the weeks worth of hot sun we get, so I’ll stick with the none menthol versions!
All the best,
Lee
Lee,

Fair enough.

It certainly sounds like you’ve given it a chance.

Have a good Sunday!

Best,

Ben

First run out with the Era and solid bar #5 and it was good, smooth efficient with a bit of blade feel..enough to let you know its there would like to try the 3 or 4 plate but have the #4 comb to try next. Found the blade tab sitting out a bit more on one side but it didn't effect the shave nice weight and balance to the razor and the rubber bands give good grip. A&E Black.. slick and love the scent, these soaps whip up so well in a bowl with my synbad brush. Screenshot_20220226-151756_Instagram.jpg

How are you finding it in general? I’ve found both the brass and aluminium both mild but efficient.
Hi Lee,

Mild and efficient is a good description, never felt it was going to bite me and it got rid of 2 days of beard in no time. Feels good in the hand, it has a nice weight to it and I won't have to polish it. So all good in my opinion, going to be using it daily this coming week to get a good feel for it.

Hi Lee,

Mild and efficient is a good description, never felt it was going to bite me and it got rid of 2 days of beard in no time. Feels good in the hand, it has a nice weight to it and I won't have to polish it. So all good in my opinion, going to be using it daily this coming week to get a good feel for it.
Thanks, trying to be patient and sell stuff before buying on the never, never!

Hi Lee,

Thanks for the update. My 15s is in transit and I really enjoy reading the reviews while I wait.

Sunday AM 2022-02-27
National Retro Day
Voelf6a.jpg

Rooney Stubby 3XL Porcelain Finest (30/52)
Art of Shaving Rose Absolute shaving cream (vintage)
Paradigm 17-4/Triad Aristocrat Brass & Stainless Steel
Wizamet Super Iridium (5)
Ginger's Garden Rose Petals aftershave
Nbu83qI.jpg

Sunday 27th February

AM-JKLUwS8pIYn4bAfO7GM4YJ_DrZaPKLc7N1aSbHILPn4ZJqZ_BqcoCScNV0amLeD6rFAFzQ3d564x75ud-XhMbgpHOvcc-fNga-MSCAlpIq3mEoxo4Bm8aqe47HV_PtE-X6emw67gnq4_O_edYxKjWtsY5BQ=s800

Ganders Goat Soap w/Hop, Sage & Birch
Moon Soaps Sorrento Shaving Cream
Razorock 400 Limited Edition w/Plissoft Noir Synthetic 24mm
Yaqi SE DLC & Treet New Edge
Pinaud Clubman Classic Vanilla Aftershave

Super shave, that! Coupling an honest, sharp Treet carbon with the Yaqi proved quite the aggressive combination and every stroke scythed through with just a sprinkle of danger. I liked it!

I don't have a great deal more to say about the Treet New Edge that I didn't already say yesterday - it's a click below the Treet Classic in smoothness, but every bit as sharp.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom