SOTD : Saturday 26th February-Friday 4th March 2022.

SOTD : 26th February 2022.

q.jpg

Shaving Recipe For today.

Prep: Warm shower:/Asda Sea Salt & Fennel Extract 2 in1 Shower Gel.

Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face & head
Simple Pure Bar Soap.
Brush: Chinese Unbranded horsehair.
Face & Head Lather.
Lather: Chinese Cologne Shaving Soap.
Blade: Parker/Personna PTFE SS.(D1)
Razor: Parker InjRzr. (Settings) 3-wtg. 4- xtg/atg.+pick ups.

Cold water Face & Head wash with brush squeezings, Cold Water Face & Head Rinse. /Homemade (~Autumn/Winter mix~) peppermint lavender, eucalyptus, + Tea Tree essential Oils Mixed Together With 200ml of Care+Witch Hazel./Lucky Tiger Aftershave & Face Tonic. /Nivea Men Fresh Moisturising Gel.

Greetings,

Face & Head Shave.

A new shave set up to start the weekend....Maiden face and head shave with the Parker InjRzr using the blade that was pre-loaded in the razor.

My recent introduction to injector razors has helped to further my passion for this traditional wet shaving hobby of mine.

Starting off setting 3 for the wtg pass then dialling it up to setting 4 for the combined xtg/atg + pick up passes.

I really like the look and feel of the razor it's mild-mid aggression but efficient enough to mow down my stubble feeling very comfortable with no blade tugging. As with all parker razor's the audio feed back tells you when you have the correct shaving angle.. After the pick up pass both my face & head were smooth with no nicks or irritation.

An enjoyable close comfortable face & head shave with no errors to report.

Another wonderful addition to my Parker razor collection... I look forward to using it in my future shaves..."It's now official" my SE & Injector razor's are my favourite razors for head shaving....Finishing the shave off with a small dollop of Nivea Men Fresh Moisturising Gel.

My face & precious swede are feeling silky smooth & smelling divine. ;)

Stay safe, and enjoy the start of the weekend ladies & gentlemen. :cool:

Last edited:
Saturday 26th February
Jayaruh 289 - De Vergulde Hand - GEM Micromatic OC - GEM Stainless Coated #8 - Blue Stratos AS - Aloe Vera Gel
3bJP6Gv.jpg

41AE91E7-CB53-4A20-8AB0-72981D4285AF.jpeg
SOTD: 26/02/2022

Razor: Razorock Hawk V3A
Blade: Schick Proline P-30, 5th use
Brush: Shedeleven Spalted Scottish Hawthorn AP Shave Co G5C 26mm Fan
Bowl: Captains Choice Copper Lather Bowl Standard Bowl
Preshave: PAA Cube Unscented Soap
Soap: Extro Cosmesi Arancia Italiana Croap
Aftershave: TOBS No. 7 Lime Aftershave
Balm: Bart’s Balm Sample Balm
Additional Care: Osma Laboratoires Alum Block

A delightful start to the weekend the Hawk is one of my star performance razors, always smooth, never aggressive despite the plate being an A plate and always efficient. The Extro Cosmesi despite smelling lovely just isn’t for me, there is just something in there I react mildly to, which is annoying as it smells great, lathers well and gives a great post shave feel, my skin just doesn’t like it as much as other soaps during the shave. Regardless it doesn’t last for long and the Bart’s Balm soothes it beautifully. This was the C sample I’m almost out of, thankfully this was the first new scent @BartsBalm is releasing. I ordered a replacement as soon as it was announced it’s called Ben Kilbreck and is inspired by Tom Ford Neroli Portofino. I wish there was an unscented version too. This G5C knot is amazing and just my now go to when I want a good lather and a little scrubby backbone, Synbad for softness this for more scrub. The handle is a real treat too and just fits my gorilla mitts perfectly! @Gairdner handles are definitely worth an addition to your collection.
I love the TOBS lime and just wish it had better longevity.
Enjoy the weekend guys, now off to near Gatwick to collect caravan accessories my wife has decreed are essential!

Sat 26 SOTD
Soap Stirling Sharp Dressed Man
Brush Yaqi 24mm Mountain Lake 2 Band Badger
Razor Gillette Rocket HD
Blade Sharp Star Platinum 2nd
Aftershaves Stirling Witchhazel Wintergreen + Stirling Sharp Dressed Man Splash
Another good Stirling soap! Nice scent with a creamy and slick lather...
An excellent shave with this blade in the mild razor with an added shim to increase the aggressiveness and hence efficiency. Crisp, smooth, and comfortable edge. 3passes for a bbs finish without any issues. Aftershaves were really nice.
20220226_101401.jpg

Saturday:

After seeing the news and the fighting in Kyiv's streets, there's only one soap in my den to choose.

Tears

2 pass DFS for the Schick again performing along with the Løthur soap.

Hope the madness ends soon for the Ukrainian people. Their resistance will hopefully force Russia to the table. No families want to see body bags, Ukrainian, nor Russian.

Well done Gary, harbinger of doom on a Saturday morning, but I've seen the cost of war first hand and know it should be the very, very, very last course of action any nation should take.

On that note, hope everyone has a safe start to the shave week.
Gary

Attachments

• IMG_20220226_093420__01.jpg
    IMG_20220226_093420__01.jpg
    121 KB · Views: 4
Sotd 26/02

Pre shave paa cube
Soap wet the face the perfect cup
Splash wet the face the perfect cup
Balm arko unscented
Alum bloc
Brush alpha outlaw
Razor blackland sabre level 2
Blade Gem
Bowl wet the face
Ingredients : brewed coffee rum brandy brown sugar and coco beans

Morning folks went for another shave this morning 3 passes as usual and a weeks worth of growth again used the sabre and yeah a brilliant shave also another soap from WTF I really like the scent on this my favourite WTF so far great way to start a Saturday
scent wise I get Coffee and chocolate like mocha
Have a great weekend
20220226_094808.jpg20220226_094823.jpg20220226_094834.jpg20220226_094839.jpg20220226_095008.jpg20220226_095011.jpg20220226_095047.jpg20220226_095246.jpg20220226_095254.jpg20220226_100943.jpg

26 February

Signature Soaps Danum
PAA Peregrino
Rockwell 6S
Feather Hi-Stainless
Signature Soaps Danum splash

E920D396-6BB2-4908-BCB9-4A4EBD13CDE7.jpeg
The same shave as yesterday except for the Karve being replaced by the Rockwell (same Feather blade too). Yet again a wonderful lather from the brush and soap, and, just a feeling that today’s shave was a tiny bit closer than yesterday’s. (Plate R4 on the Rockwell and plate C on the Karve). It will be interesting to see how much stubble there is tomorrow morning.

Back
Top Bottom