SOTD : Saturday 26th February-Friday 4th March 2022.

Today's shave and the first for this week's SOTD's. With the sad events of this week I have decided to keep my daily shaving capers on the cleaner side of life, so the theme for today was 'Abstract'

20220225_215307-01.jpeg

Cubist razor - Claymore Evolution
Dada's blade - Feather Proguard
De Stijl moving brush- AP Shaving 24mm Cashmere
Futurism of shaving soaps - The Bath House Spanish fig and nutmeg
A scent with impressionism- Atelier Orange Sanguine

This theme was chosen after our two granddaughters presented us with their excellent takes on Picasso.....

IMG-20220220-WA0000.jpg

I do have to admit I am glad I don't look quite like their art work as under the nose and above the lip would be an awfully tasking shaving adventure. God bless them. And I hope this world sorts itself out so that they (like every other child in the world) can enjoy a peaceful and happy future.

'And this, is, what, I, think, of, you, nasty, people'

And the shave? Abstractly brilliant. Paul L, you don't know what you are missing. You know you want one and sod your 'Nothing in 2022' resolution. Grow up and get that bank account growing down.

Everything perfect and everything a class act. Three days of growth. Three passes. And three of whatever it is which makes a great shave happy.

I love you all

So much so you can have some if the abstract Midori. I don't understand them and I don't want to either. If I did I wouldn't like them so much.....

Sun 27 SOTD
Soap Phoenix & Beau Spitfire
Brush DS Cosmetics 26mm Silvertip
Razor Gillette Red Tip A3
Blade Silver Star Duridium 2nd
Aftershaves Stirling Witchhazel MitA + Aqua Velva Ice Blue
This soap reminded me of leathery & workshop scents...nice! The lather was creamy and slick enough...
Excellent shave with the razor paired with this vintage blade. Previous use was not as good. The difference today was - palm stropping, using a shim blade, and dipping the razor in ice water between rinsing. Crisp, comfortable & very efficient in 3passes for a dolphin smooth finish..awesome! Aftershaves were good as well.
20220227_084942.jpg

Today's shave and the first for this week's SOTD's. With the sad events of this week I have decided to keep my daily shaving capers on the cleaner side of life, so the theme for today was 'Abstract'

View attachment 84858

Cubist razor - Claymore Evolution
Dada's blade - Feather Proguard
De Stijl moving brush- AP Shaving 24mm Cashmere
Futurism of shaving soaps - The Bath House Spanish fig and nutmeg
A scent with impressionism- Atelier Orange Sanguine

This theme was chosen after our two granddaughters presented us with their excellent takes on Picasso.....

View attachment 84861

I do have to admit I am glad I don't look quite like their art work as under the nose and above the lip would be an awfully tasking shaving adventure. God bless them. And I hope this world sorts itself out so that they (like every other child in the world) can enjoy a peaceful and happy future.

'And this, is, what, I, think, of, you, nasty, people'

And the shave? Abstractly brilliant. Paul L, you don't know what you are missing. You know you want one and sod your 'Nothing in 2022' resolution. Grow up and get that bank account growing down.

Everything perfect and everything a class act. Three days of growth. Three passes. And three of whatever it is which makes a great shave happy.

I love you all

So much so you can have some if the abstract Midori. I don't understand them and I don't want to either. If I did I wouldn't like them so much.....

@Paul L - I'm going to leave this here:

Don't forget the 10% discount code.

SOTD : 27th February 2022.

r.jpg

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/Asda Sea Salt & Fennel Extract 2 in1 Shower Gel.

Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face.
Simple Pure Bar Soap.
Brush: Omega 49.
Bowl Lather.
Bowl : Tesco's Ceramic 'Cosmo' Side Bowl.
Lather: Williams Mug Shaving Soap.
Blade: Personna Gem modified PTFE. (D1)
Razor: Valet Auto Strop VC1.

Cold water face wash with brush squeezing's, Cold Water Face Rinse./ Homemade (~Autumn/Winter mix~) peppermint lavender, eucalyptus, + Tea Tree essential Oils Mixed Together With 200ml of Care+Witch Hazel./Cien Aqua ASL./Nivea Men Fresh Kick ASB.

A relaxing Sunday morning shave.

I have mentioned before the valet vc1 looks an "aggressive lady" but IMHO it's quite mild however, that's not to say it isn't efficient this vintage lady will mow through stubble with ease after the limited time it takes to adjust to this mild but efficient razor.

The Williams Mug Shaving Soap provided a good slick lather leaving a excellent post shave feel...I have recently found out that it's no longer made which is a shame as being a budget shaver it was a firm favourite of mine....However, once i run out i can replace with Arko & Derby shave sticks.

Another enjoyable 2 pass + pick ups comfortable silky smooth shave with no errors to report...Finishing the shave off with a small dollop of Nivea Men Kick ASB.

My face is feeling silky smooth & smelling divine. ;)

Stay safe, and enjoy Sunday Ladies & Gentlemen. :cool:

@Paul L - I'm going to leave this here:

Don't forget the 10% discount code.
Chris & Chris

I 100% hear you, but I have to stay strong - or sell something to fund the purchase (I doubt my body would sell for more than 2s 6d, so it will have to be a razor). Trouble is, the only two I own that (could) balance the books are my Timeless's. . . . .perhaps the BST will be kind in the future?

Back
Top Bottom