SOTD: Saturday 25th September - Friday 1st October 2021.

Monday 27th SEptember
RazoRock Plissoft - Wolfpac Italian Orchard - EndGem Speed 3dot - Gem Stainless Coated #5 - Brut Sport Style A/S - Aloe Vera Gel
UXvSBxE.jpg

Belated birthday wishes @Jester

B122383F-D7B9-41A7-854F-D6386DBE31AE.jpegSOTD: 27/09/2021

Razor: Hone 15a
Blade: Vidyut Supermax, second use
Brush: Yaqi Sagrada Familia
Bowl: 3D Printed Bowl Bowl
Preshave: PAA Cube Unscented Soap
Soap: Tcheon Fung Sing Arancio Amaro Forte
Aftershave: Stirling Orange Chill Aftershave
Balm: Stirling Orange Chill Lotion.

I wasn’t a massive fan of the scent of this soap at first when I got it hence it’s limited use but I’m definitely realising some soaps are more suited for different seasons and with it feeling more autumnal today this was just perfect. The dark bitter orange scent just warms and lifted me staging away and as my lathering technique improves coming back to old soaps I’d given up on has reaped it reward here. It will be in more regular use over the winter definitely.

Last edited:
27 September

Signature Soaps Hibernia
Mühle Classic XL
Karve CB (C plate)
Feather Hi-stainless
Signature Soaps Hibernia splash

F5A36F18-2CFE-4671-8799-FF90347A8E51.jpeg

The best shave with the Karve Christopher Bradley of the three so far, probably aided by the truly spectacular lather from the Signature Soaps Hibernia. The C plate seems to hit my comfort zone and give an efficient shave too. Happy shaver.

Felt pretty good when I awoke this morning. Now? Not so much…

ER1912, GEM / Gillette Rocket HD, GSB
Hand-carved Dark Beech 2-Band
Ingram
Benjamin’s Bay Rum
Boots Freshwood ASB

Noticing a surprising amount of irritation even through the numbing menthol of my favourite Ingram, I ditched the 1912 after the 2nd pass and finished off gingerly with the HD. I really tried hard this time, concentrating on the angle by keeping the ER head almost flat to my skin (no comb marks in the lather) with just enough pressure to keep the razor on my face and no more but the blade belt like a live, angry thing from the word go.

In the end, I had to be very careful finishing off with the HD just to get a mediocre result.

Last edited:
Mon 27th September

Simpson Chubby 1 / Maggard ED2band
Hampshire Wool Fat Original
Claymore Evolution
Feather Pro ( 5 )
GB Grey Flannel A/S Lotion

I have come to terms with the fact that my EVO seems only to take Feather Blades. My reason being that the last 3 consecutive Shaves with the EVO ,have all been so good, all Face Strokers acquired without any fuss.

68FBF67B-1476-40B1-8EFF-8E08F76ABE3D.jpeg

27/09/21
SEptember
Pre - Shower, cold water face rinse
Brush - Zenith 506 Copper
Soap - Signature Soap Coria
Razor - Henckels Rapide
Blade - Rapide Wedge
Post - Cold water Rinse, TC's infused Witch Hazel
Balm - Barts Balm Amber and Moroccan Jasmine Balm & Lotion
A/S - CK Be
Wk39 - 21 (4a).JPG
The Box, Razor and blade cleaned up nicely at the weekend and i knew it was going to get another run out this week.
I gently removed the inner parts of the box and gently brushed them clean, i fitted a felt hinge cover using twin-stick tape then placed everything back again with twin-stick tape (all reversible if needed). The felt may be a bit heavy, i will see if it settles. The blade and razor cleaned up well after an ultra sonic bath and polish.

A really nice shave today with this wonderful piece of Razor history :love: .
BBS with a little indication from the splash and a massive smile on my face.
Stay safe and enjoy your day All

Last edited:
Today was one nice shave. Glad I waited for the Apogee soap and splash.
Superb lather and cushion.
Gone to my Lupo for a few days to give the old boys a rest until my next batch of bay purchases arrive.
I can't get the Gillette infomercial out of my head that someone posted, so feel that need to be kind to my blade and avoid all of the faff that could damage the edge! Don't want to be a careless 'unwrapperer', loader, rinser, dropper, or wiper!
Loaded it with a Ladas blade (thanks Tony, another new blade tried), which I wouldn't say was as smooth as the last couple of blades I've used, but the result is equally impressive. Very close to BBS.
I love the scent on the Apogee splash, although I've only added in 5 drops of the menthol that came with it - didn't want to go too far for starters and I think it's about right as it is.

There's much to be said for having a slower, more enjoyable shave over my lunch break than rushing in the morning!

Attachments

• IMG_20210927_124113__01.jpg
    IMG_20210927_124113__01.jpg
    121.8 KB · Views: 1
M
27 September

Signature Soaps Hibernia
Mühle Classic XL
Karve CB (C plate)
Feather Hi-stainless
Signature Soaps Hibernia splash

View attachment 77577

The best shave with the Karve Christopher Bradley of the three so far, probably aided by the truly spectacular lather from the Signature Soaps Hibernia. The C plate seems to hit my comfort zone and give an efficient shave too. Happy shaver.
thanks very much, truly spectacular brightened up a rainy Lancashire day!

View attachment 77535

Prep: Shower, Palmolive Olive Oil Soap
Soap: Gentleman's Face Care Club Caribbean Limes
Brush: 24mm Yaqi Sagrada Familia Tuxedo
Razor: Merkur 34C HD
Blade: Gillette super Blue (4)

Rather than a pamper, today's birthday shave was a simple yet effective affair. The citrus blast was exactly what was required to blow away the fug of last night's first outing to the pub for a good few months - although clearly not enough to stop me posting on an SOTD page from August (thanks @donnie_arko :oops: ) Now to celebrate in style - sanding and painting the living room :cool::ROFLMAO:
Happy Birthday wishes to you! Have a nice one!!

SOTD 8 (2).jpg

Soap - Wholly Kaw 1776
Bowl - Stirling travel bowl
Brush - Yaqi Sagrada Familia 24mm
Razor - EJ 3one6
Blade - Dorco Titan ( 2 )
A/S - Floid Mentolado Vigaroso
Balm - Acqua Di Parma Colonia Intensa

Beautiful shave today. Around 5 days growth to test out the Dorco Titan on its second use and found it really efficient and very smooth in the 3one6. I love the fit and finish of this razor and its another that seems to work with with most blades for me. 3 passes and pick ups hassle free and feels like plenty life still in the blade yet. Very happy having picked these Dorco's up only recently for the first time. Definitely ones to keep in my rotation.
Superb post shave feel with the Wholly Kaw soap boosted with an application of Floid MV and ADP balm.

Back
Top Bottom