SOTD: Saturday 25th September - Friday 1st October 2021.

View attachment 77535

Prep: Shower, Palmolive Olive Oil Soap
Soap: Gentleman's Face Care Club Caribbean Limes
Brush: 24mm Yaqi Sagrada Familia Tuxedo
Razor: Merkur 34C HD
Blade: Gillette super Blue (4)

Rather than a pamper, today's birthday shave was a simple yet effective affair. The citrus blast was exactly what was required to blow away the fug of last night's first outing to the pub for a good few months - although clearly not enough to stop me posting on an SOTD page from August (thanks @donnie_arko :oops: ) Now to celebrate in style - sanding and painting the living room :cool::ROFLMAO:
Happy Birthday!

Sunday 26th September

AM-JKLXF7EI32AB3EmU6FCS_nmsvQkhRVI-7vMlHLIo5R4j123E2d2LlKGE6le0hCr_vSn9gb4YafGF5xYYVC_E3pFbBIyRHm8DPFkP1VC1gw_QJKIiItFJ5eGDGhOvxn_ZbcOmGLVoX6Pz0rM1Q-P3kMBOqJA=s800

Ganders Goat Soap w/Hop, Sage & Birch
Erasmic Shaving Soap (Vintage)
RazoRock 400 Limited Edition w/Plissoft Noir 24mm
Merkur 15C
Treet Platinum (4)
Denim Aftershave (Vintage)

It never ceases to amaze how this vintage Erasmic soap keeps billowing out that classic citric scent, softer and with less disinfectant than today's soap; quite gorgeous! Gorgeous, too, the yogurt-thick lather that this classic formula produces, literally brimming with unobtainium.

Fourth run with the Treet Platinum and probably the smoothest. I've been giving my RazoRock SLOC a run back to back against another modern open comb and while the SLOC is a smooth runner, it's no more so because of its slotted cap. In fact, the Merkur probably slides more easily. The SLOC is a razor I'll keep in and in future experiment with some frankenstein combinations.

Splash of vintage Denim to finish off, continuing that citrus wood aroma from the soap. Lovely!

View attachment 77535

Soap: Gentleman's Face Care Club Caribbean Limes
Brush: 24mm Yaqi Sagrada Familia Tuxedo
Blade: Gillette super Blue (4)

Rather than a pamper, today's birthday shave was a simple yet effective affair. The citrus blast was exactly what was required to blow away the fug of last night's first outing to the pub for a good few months - although clearly not enough to stop me posting on an SOTD page from August (thanks @donnie_arko :oops: ) Now to celebrate in style - sanding and painting the living room :cool::ROFLMAO:

Happy birthday :)

Mon 27 SOTD
Soap PAA Cavendish
Brush Yaqi 26mm Orange Black
Razor RazoRock G37 Slant
Blade Shark Super Stainless 1st
Aftershaves Stirling Witchhazel MitA + PAA Cavendish Splash.
My number 1 soap! Really love this particular pipe-tobacco scent and the lather is top-notch too...very rich, creamy, and super slick...
A very good shave with this razor paired with the blade. Very easy, smooth, and comfortable 3passes for a bbs finish.
Would have been perfect except a bump was loped off...dang! The matching aftershave was just excellent!!
20210927_111449.jpg

243056512_1991776904311733_8501288927948026992_n.jpg
Soap: Stirling Hipster
Brush: 24mm Yaqi Beaux Synthetic
Blade: Gillette super Blue (5)

Firstly thanks to those of you who've wished me felicitations since my last round up -it's much appreciated. :love:
The last little bit of Hipster is still clinging to the sides of this patum peperium, and it pairs perfectly with the Savage. That's the Super Blue done at five goes, which I'm more than happy with. Have a great week, gents.

SOTD 27-Sep
DSC02304.jpg
Prep: Warm shower
Brush: PAA Peregrino
Soap: PAA Et Tu
Razor: Razorock Hawk SS V3-A
Blade: Feather Pro Super

I love the Et Tu, I went a little overboard on loading the brush though. Went straight to the face without thinking, I blame it on tiredness, went on like a paste...bit more water, then a little more, then a lot more...eventually good lather to get cracking.

Thought I'd bring the Hawk out for a go around, been a while since it's seen the light of day. Decent shave, smooth enough finish but I may be a GEM convert, well, not entirely of course but I have been enjoying them more.

Finish off with the star jelly, I find it to be excellent to calm things down and absorbs in quickly. Wish we could get more (or any of it) over here. No issues with ordering it directly just a pain having to wait.

Hope everyone has a grand day.

Cheers

Marc

Todays Cold Water Shave Kit - Monday 27th September 2021

Shave Score 9.75

PreShave: Hot Shower \ PAA The Cube 2.0 "Menthol" \ Tabac Shower Gel
PreShave: PAA The Cube 2.0 "Non-Menthol"
Croap: RR Saturnia
Brush: Yaqi 26mm - Timber Wolf
Razor: Karve Aluminium (C)
Blade: Gillette Nacet (1)
Post Shave ASL: RR Saturnia
Post Shave Balm: Baxters
Post Shave Cologne/EDT: NA

Have a good week all :)

Joe

IMG_0216.jpeg

I need to add something Oud heavy to my collection. I used to have an Oud Intense Clone and enjoyed it.
R. - It is a scent class that I have only come to appreciate recently - it's a bit like patchouli, in the sense that, done well it is really nice but done badly it smells of cheap incense. I would suggest this particular soap wouldn't do well for you - the vegan base is very good but - it is very heavily perfumed. If your skin wasn't happy with MT Dark Limes or Black Beer - it would probably have a fit with the Egyptian Oud. It is borderline for me and I do not have sensitive skin. If you get on with PAA soap - Harvest Moon is oud heavy. The scent I used I can't tell you much other than the name, the fact it is parfum and it was imported from the Gulf States. The rest of the label is in Arabic which I can't read. It was a gift from my partner but I don't think it was that expensive - around £50 for 100 ml. I like it - lasts well and stays 'close' to the skin, it doesn't project massively but that is useful for certain situations. Cheers - I.

Back
Top Bottom