SOTD: Saturday 25th September - Friday 1st October 2021.

CzhfHHv.jpg

Prep: Valobra Glycerlanolina soap
Brush: Rudy Vey Shavemac Silvertip Badger
Soap: CRSW Glide Fragile Confusion
Razor: Wolfman WR1
Blade: Vintage NOS Wilkie Light Brigade (9)
Post: Thayers Cucumber Witch Hazel, Myrsol Blue Aftershave Lotion
Scent: Musgo Real Oak Moss

Lovely shave.

SOTD : 28th September 2021.

15.jpg

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/Nivea Men Power Fresh Shower Gel.

Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face.
FatFace Ocean Escape Soap Bar.
Brush: Yaqi Sagrada Familia 24mm Synthetic.
Face Lather.
Lather: Kent Luxury Shaving Soap.
Blade: WeCut Platinum. ( D1)
Razor: SNMIRN Adjustable. (settings) 4-wtg,8-atg,6-pick ups.

Cold water face wash with brush squeezings, Cold Water Face Rinse. /Homemade (~Autumn/Winter mix~) peppermint lavender, eucalyptus, + Tea Tree essential Oils Mixed Together With 200ml of Care+Witch Hazel./Herbs of Bulgaria Lavender ASL./Cien Sensitive ASB.

Greetings,

Early morning shave.

I'm only 3 shave in with the SNMIRN adjustable but feel totally comfortable with it. The fresh WeCut Platinum blade cut through my stubble with ease, making my early morning shave a pleasurable experience.

A Enjoyable 2 pass + pick ups close comfortable shave with no errors to report...Finishing the shave off with a small dollop of Cien Sensitive ASB.

My face is feeling super smooth & smelling divine.;)

Stay safe, and enjoy your day ladies & gentlemen.:cool:

67D9A047-56F4-45BF-B532-DB91A1307948.jpeg

SOTD:28/09/2021

Razor: Tatara Masamune
Brush: Yaqi Cavern Lake two band badger
Blade: Voskhod
Bowl: 3D Printed Bowl Bowl
Preshave: PAA Cube Unscented Soap
Soap: Stirling Shadow Orchid Puck
Aftershave: Tom Ford Black Orchid EDT
Balm: L’Oréal All In 1 Moisturising Cream Balm
I’ve tried a sample blade or two of the Voskhod’s and didn’t think much of it but was gifted a set and thought I’d give it a go. Boy I’m glad I did! BBS in 3 passes not pick ups necessary and no alum sting. I now need to order these as well as some more feathers!

SOTD 28-Sep
DSC02308.jpg
Prep: Warm shower
Brush: C&H 'Casanova'
Soap: A&E Barbiere
Razor: Blackland Sabre L2
Blade: Blue Star (1)

Out of morbid curiosity I wanted to try blue stars, so in a recent order from maggards (for a captains bowl) threw 10 in the basket, for the sake of $4 I wasn't losing anything. Heard a lot of negative comments about them (probably due to the swift rusting), but I got a decent shave out of them this morning. They're never going to replace my stainless blades but at least I've given them a go.

Hope everyone has a grand day of it!

Cheers

Marc

Last edited:
Morning everyone.
Exactly the same set-up as yesterday - I can report the Ladas blade performed much better on its second outing. 2-passes for a very reasonable / DFS.
I do however think I need more of the menthol drops in the Apogee splash - I must have had some on the top of the restrictor when I splashed yesterday, as this morning wasn't as refreshing.
Have a great day!

Tue 28 SOTD
Soap Stirling Margaritas in the Arctic
Brush DS Cosmetics 26mm Silvertip
Razor Parker SemiSlant
Blade Vintage Polsilver Super Stainless 1st
Aftershaves Stirling Witchhazel MitA + Stirling Margaritas in the Arctic Splash
Very nice boozy-like scent from this soap. The lather is of cors very creamy and slick too...one of my Stirling favs...
A great shave with the SemiSlant paired with this excellent blade. Super smooth, crisp, and comfortable in 3passes without any issues for a dolphin smooth finish. Matching aftershaves were awesome!
20210928_161015.jpg

28/09/21
SEptember
Pre - Pears Transparent Original Cold water Face wash
Brush - Simpson Commodore X1
Soap - Signature Soap Eboracum
Razor - Razorock ECO
Blade - Permasharp
Post - Cold water Rinse, TC's infused Witch Hazel
Balm - Tester Barts H
A/S - Geoffrey Beene Bowling Green

Wk39 - 21 (3).JPG

Not the greatest shave today, i have never had a blade drop off as quickly as it did today.
A great face lather from the little X1 Commodore and Signature soap, for the size of the brush it easily holds enough for 3 passes.
The ECO razor and Permasharp are normally a very good pairing and i can normally get at least 2 shaves per blade, today was the first time i have had one go from sharp to pulling in a couple of strokes, the WTG pass was super smooth, the blade went off mid XTG pass, i should have stopped and swapped either blade or razor, i did not and was rewarded with some irritation and a fair bit sting from the splash.
Everything has calmed down now and you live and learn.
"Every days a school day" as they say, whoever "they" are.
Anyway,
Stay safe and enjoy your day All

28 September

Signature Soaps Hibernia
Razorock Bruce
Ikon Deluxe DLC
Feather Hi-stainless
Signature Soaps Hibernia splash

30137278-41E2-48A2-B1F9-B4F31CA622F9.jpeg

A superb close and comfortable two pass shave from the Ikon with its new Feather, helped by the wonderful lather that was created by the Bruce and Hibernia. Good stuff.

Birthday #48 shave
Mitchell's Wool Fat Soap (gift from mother-in-law)
Yaqui sagrada
ATT S1/Astra blue
Alum
Old spice

Very pleased with the Mitchell's soap (face lathering)... it's like spreading butter... No real need for me to look any further soap-wise (but of course I will).
And the Old Spice AS gives to my skin the vintage smell that, given its age, it's bound to have!
Cheers to all
Marcello

Back
Top Bottom