SOTD: Saturday 25th September - Friday 1st October 2021.

How's the 'great reset' treating you?

I've undertaken one myself, put away my shaving gear and about 10 days into growing a beard. My face is itchy, oh so itchy.

Not really sure what the point of my post is, but it's much the way of most of my posts.
Well I appreciate the post, we can be reset pals :p

It's treating me very well indeed, time spent thinking about shaving now zero apart from the 5 minutes every morning where I'm actually in the act which is exactly what I was aiming for. Good luck with yours (y)

Thursday AM 2021-09-30
'I've Fallen and I Can't Get Up' trademarked on this date by LifeCall, 1992
qN1SHzF.jpg

Rooney Emillion 2 Porcelain-Jade Finest (24/55)
XPEC Original shaving cream (vintage Forester Milan version) + Moroccan Rose Absolute
Wolfman WR1-SB 0.74/Triad Aristocrat Brass & Stainless Steel
Polsilver Super Iridium (10)
Barrister & Mann Cologne Russe aftershave
WaibkwB.jpg

No frills shave today.
Grandad's Gillette Superspeed/Astra Green
Mitchell's wool fat hard soap/non-descript boar brush
Old Spice aftershave

Not a super-technical shave aiming for BBS... just to go to office feeling and smelling great!
I really love Old Spice, probably one of the cheapest AS... but it smells so "right"!

Cheers lads!
Amen to the Old Spice, sir!

Well I appreciate the post, we can be reset pals :p

It's treating me very well indeed, time spent thinking about shaving now zero apart from the 5 minutes every morning where I'm actually in the act which is exactly what I was aiming for. Good luck with yours (y)

Good to hear the reset is treating you well. I'm not really thinking about shaving much, but I still checking this site but less than before. I'm trying to avoid indulging in my other hobbies as well! I found myself browsing hifi amps at Richer Sounds, then decided it would be a good thing to close the browser....

Thursday’s Thinnings :

EJ 3one6, Feather
Vulfix 404 Handle, Shavemac D01 Knot
MWF
Old Spice Whitewater
Boot’s Freshwood ASB

If you can’t beat ‘em, join ‘em. Or rather in this case, if you can’t sell ‘em, use ‘em! Ooh, get me with the modern stainless and a Feather blade. Pretty darn smooth which surprised me as this was my masochistic streak springing forth after failing (so far, it shall return) with the Model 1912 Window Scraper.

The Fat, I tell thee. Such divine care of one’s old physog. Only put the ASB on as Matron insisted. She does like her wee sniff. Aye, and a wee snifter too, now I come to think of it - something about diluting the surgical spirits…hmm.

30/09/21
SEptember
Pre - Pears Transparent Original Cold water Face wash
Brush - DS Cosmetics synth
Soap - Signature Soap Coria
Razor - Colonial General V2
Blade - Feather PB (7)
Post - Cold water Rinse, TC's infused Witch Hazel
Balm - Barts Balm Amber and Moroccan Jasmine Balm & Lotion
A/S - CK Be
View attachment 77705
A really nice end to SEptember, i think out of my AC razors the General V2 came out on top this month.
Today was a really nice shave, i only needed 2 passes, 1st WTG and the 2nd a mixed XTG/ATG pass with a little buffing for a very close comfortable finish.
Another mention has to go to @BrianH and his Signature soap as they have performed flawlessly throughout the month.

Stay safe and enjoy your day All
Thank you so much for using my soap throughout September, it means a lot to me. Take care and stay safe
Best Regards, Brian

Thur 30th September

The Grosvenor 404mixed
Vitos Super Red
Supply V1- V2. 3dot plate
Personna S/S ( 4 )
Tuff Red A/S Lotion

This is the first time I have used The Supply since early April. It is a Razor I have always wanted to like, feels great in the hand, and does its job pretty well on my upper Face, but around the neck no matter what effort I make the stubble remains !! A mystery as other Injectors are not a problem. Today same disappointment suffered and perhaps time to pass it on to someone with less wiry growth .

50653556-13DB-4E1E-A8A2-D1940DB5B648.jpeg

79BE58EF-1106-4FF4-8DAE-F23F4A85BAEF.jpeg

SOTD: 30/09/2021

Razor: Hone 15a
Blade: Voskhod Teflon Coated, second use
Brush: Omega #625 silver tip badger
Bowl: 3D Printed Bowl Bowl
Preshave: PAA Cube Unscented Soap
Soap: Hampshire Wool Fat No. 3 Puck
Balm: L’Oréal All In 1 Moisturising Cream Balm

A quick and easy shave again with the hone 15a that was just the relaxing start to the day I needed. The lather and scent this soap produces really make it hit well above its price point. Enjoy your evening guys.

7FD9CC0A-6275-4A87-9059-FBD025747F6C.jpegRazor = Karve CB ( C )
Blade = Tiger Platinum ( 3 )
Brush = Shavemac 26mm 2 Band Badger
Cream = Simpson’s Bay Rum
Splash = Myrsol Metisol Astringent
Balm = Simpson Bay Rum.

A very Decent shave tonight & another first for me with the Simpson Cream.
I have to say i liked it and will use it again however it’s not a patch on @Executive Shaving.
The cream itself performed how we would all expect but for me the scent is around a 3-4 and Executive Shaving is a 7-8 and a stronger & better scent IMO.
I Do store all my gear in a cool cupboard but this cream is just to runny for my liking.
My Bay Rum from Executive is nearly empty and that 100% getting replaced.
It’s not a dig by any means at Simpson but sorry there’s just no comparison.
The balm however agan a bit thin but very good post shave feel.
Over All a decent shave and i’ll look forward to using the cream again once i get back home to my own environment.
Onwards & Upwards
Stay Safe &
Take Care

Sotd-30-09-21.jpg
This afternoon -

razor - Vector
blade - Proline P30 (3)
brush - Simpson Special bb
soap - Mondial Balsamico Antica Barberia
post - witch hazel
a/s - Myrsol Agua Balsamica
balm - Arran Patchouli & something else I can't remember.

Great - from using the Mondial soap yesterday - pairing it with Myrsol Balsamica was a no-brainer - mainly as they smell pretty much identical. It's above average good soap for me. According to Mondial's website it's still produced and sold. Tub and 1 kilo block. I'm onto about 90% muscle memory with the Vector - after three shaves - that suggests to me an extremely well designed razor. Which is the way I have found it. Gives me a top end shave - very nice. Cheers - have good shaves - I.

View attachment 77535

Prep: Shower, Palmolive Olive Oil Soap
Soap: Gentleman's Face Care Club Caribbean Limes
Brush: 24mm Yaqi Sagrada Familia Tuxedo
Razor: Merkur 34C HD
Blade: Gillette super Blue (4)

Rather than a pamper, today's birthday shave was a simple yet effective affair. The citrus blast was exactly what was required to blow away the fug of last night's first outing to the pub for a good few months - although clearly not enough to stop me posting on an SOTD page from August (thanks @donnie_arko :oops: ) Now to celebrate in style - sanding and painting the living room :cool::ROFLMAO:
Belated Happy Birthday David!
Hope painting came out ok ;)

Back
Top Bottom