SOTD: Saturday 25th September - Friday 1st October 2021.

Friday OCtober 1, 2021
Razor: Ever Ready Shovelhead/1924
Blade: Gem SS
Brush: Fluffy Industries Copper
Soap: Vintage Gillette Shave Cream
AS 1: Humphrey's Alcoholado Maravilla 70
AS 2: CFG Ghost Town Barber
Fragrance:
Consecutive Daily Shaves - # 1,059

The cream was gifted me by Jody and was a nice cream to use. Good protection and slickness with a pleasant scent. Thanks @IAmTheJody No Open Comb today but will be using a fair amount this month of OCtober. Got the ER Shovelhead in when a youtube viewer asked how it compares to the 1912. Had a great shave and glad to have it but it tends to hold water in the cap when you rinse it and runs down your face. Even that aside prefer the shave of the 1912. Both great razors and won't go wrong with either but 1912 for me is the preference. Find out for yourself which "floats your boat." Crummy boss making me work a Friday to get ahead for camping beginning of November. Have a great day Everyone !!
IMG_20210930_080415197_HDR.jpgEverReady1924.png

SOTD 01-Oct
DSC02336.jpg
Prep: Warm shower
Brush: PAA Peregrino
Soap: Mammoth Alive
Razor: Rex Ambasador
Blade: Gillette Silver Blue (2)

Nice shave this morning with the new BST purchase, I can see why the scent wouldn't be for everyone but I actually quite liked it (cheers @Blackmass). Smelt like apples to me, other stuff in there as well but nothing I can pick out (unsurprisingly).

Second run with the ambassador, took it down a notch or two for another close 3 pass effort. I'm really pleased with this one, I think I'll do a side by side with the pearl and see whether there's room in the stable for both of them!

Hope everyone has a cracking day!

Cheers

Marc

PreShave: Shower then Cube

Soap: TOBS Lavender

Brush: T3

Razor: Rockwell 6S #2

Blade: Astra SP #3

Post Shave: Alum stick then Castle Forbes ASB

DE Shave #14

I didn't shave yesterday and was a little apprehensive about today's shave.

A three pass shave gave me my second bloodless shave and has left a smile on my face. :)
The Alum block gave be an even lower level of sting than my previous shave.
Not quite as close as my last shave, I've missed a patch on my left jaw line.
Very enjoyable.

01/10/21
Pre - Shower, Cold water face rinse
Brush - Yaqi Sagrada Familia 24mm
Soap - OSP Spirits
Razor - Blackland Tradere
Blade - Gillette Silver Blue (1)
Post - Cold water Rinse, TC's infused Witch Hazel
Balm - Barts Balm Amber and Moroccan Jasmine Balm & Lotion
A/S - Bowling Green

Wk39 - 21 (7).JPG
I was looking forward to this shave and was not disappointed, i find this razor so smooth, perfect with the GSB.

Stay safe and enjoy your day All

20211001_110525.jpg
SOTD 1st Oct
Pre - PAA Cube
Soap - Soap Commander Honor
Brush - PAA Starcraft
Razor - Supply V2 2 dot Comfort plate
Blade - Schick Proline B20 #4
Post - M&S Harvard Twins
A real cracker of a shave today.
The Cube really boosted slickness of the beautifully scented Honor. Brush - fast becoming a favourite - and soap created mountains of lather. Razor mowed down a near 2 day growth with no problem whatsoever. 3 passes resulting in a near BBS - finish very similar to the mighty Gem Micromatic.
Take care all and enjoy your shaves.

Sotd-01-10-21.jpg

This morning -

razor - Vector (on loan)
blade - Proline P30 (4)
brush - Yaqi - HMW silver-tip 24mm - the cloud on a stick
soap - Vie-Long - Mentha
post - witch hazel
a/s - Myrsol - Formula K
balm - BBA
scent - Homme de Caron edt.

All good, further pleasurable adventures in Vector land. Not much more to say really - have a good weekend all - cheers - I.

SOTD 01-Oct
View attachment 77768
Prep: Warm shower
Brush: PAA Peregrino
Soap: Mammoth Alive
Razor: Rex Ambasador
Blade: Gillette Silver Blue (2)

Nice shave this morning with the new BST purchase, I can see why the scent wouldn't be for everyone but I actually quite liked it (cheers @Blackmass). Smelt like apples to me, other stuff in there as well but nothing I can pick out (unsurprisingly).

Second run with the ambassador, took it down a notch or two for another close 3 pass effort. I'm really pleased with this one, I think I'll do a side by side with the pearl and see whether there's room in the stable for both of them!

Hope everyone has a cracking day!

Cheers

Marc

Thanks Marc for the shout out. Glad you liked it.

IMG_20211001_122sm.jpg

My first shave of October was needed, I felt scruffy. But the good people at Feather and Phoenix and Beau sorted me out in three passes of a lamb’s tail, if I may be allowed to mix my metaphors.

The AS-D2 is a strange beast. Using a Feather blade, sometimes it’s too mild, sometimes it’s too fierce and sometimes it’s entirely effortless, smooth to shave and yet efficient. Today was definitely in the last category. What a joy!

As was my favourite P&B soap and splash Trafalgar. It’s fresh, ozoney, smells of samphire and the east coast. I love it. I have a spare tub stashed away but once the splash has gone, that’s it. Such a shame it's end of line. :(

Razor: Feather AS-D2
Blade: Feather (1)
Soap: P&B Trafalgar
Brush: PAA San Peregrino
Pre-shave: Proraso white
Post-shave: P&B Trafalgar
Bowl: Face lather

PS: I've been tracking how often I use the ASD2 and work out the cost per shave. As it cost £200, it will be £1 per shave, when I get to 200 shaves with it. It's coming up to a year, on the 28th, and this was coincidentally my 28th shave, which equates to a cost per shave of £7.11. Today's was so good, it would still have been worth it at twice the price. It's a great razor.

Last edited:
First shave of October - bring on autumn and the slightly heavier scents. 2 pass shave for a smooth enough result, and smelling wonderful if I may say so myself!

Kerkini Zeus soap
Razorock plissoft
Gillette Fatboy (6,4 - had slightly less growth so went with a slightly milder setting than usual)
Bic Astor blade (2)
Kerkini Zeus balm

11ED5BEA-95E1-4912-9647-3BD386C641CD.jpeg

Friday 1st October
Vig Shaving Purtech - Hampfat No3 - Yaqi Katana - Euromax Platinum #1 - Williams Aqua Velva A/S - Aloe Vera Gel
aohUHkW.jpg

IMG_20211001_144630_edit_23620331694832.jpg
Razor: ER 1912 (England)
Blade: Personna GEM 3rd use
Brush : AP Shave red/clear 30mm cashmere
Soap : Speick
Pre - : Baxter of California facial scrub
Post - : alum block / TGS Inferno splash / Baxter of California balm

Beard : Baxter scrub / Touch of Silver conditioner / Mancave Blackspice balm

Another great shave with this razor / blade combo, although it did seem to get a wee bit "scratchy" towards the end. Still 10/10 tho'.
And I didn't want to leave the beard out (unlike the poor Leaf, which sat forlornly on the window sill waiting to be brought into play........)

Back
Top Bottom