SOTD: Saturday 25th September - Friday 1st October 2021.

SOTD 25-Sep
View attachment 77452
Prep: Warm shower
Brush: C&H 'Casanova'
Soap: B&M Spice
Razor: Pearl Flexi
Blade: Astra SP (1)

Excellent shave this morning, this really is a great value razor combined with the Astra, settings 5-3-1 for a smooth irritation free finish. Almost fully awake now, get the little one ready and off to dance class (no not me), never in my life did I imagine I would be spending my Saturday mornings doing that!

Hope everyone has a great kick off to the weekend!

Cheers

Marc
Awesome photography by the way! How do you find the pearl flexi, I'm waiting on a V6 that was a complete impulse buy. Did I just make a massive error!

Fingers crossed it's here for the weekend, I'll be able to post an SOTD on it, I'm in absolutely no position to review, I'm very new to all this
Start low and work your way up. My first adjustable was the Futur. I startrd high and didn't discover it's potential until a few years later with a lot of water under the bridge. It is a fantastic razor but I expected too much too soon. Don't fall into the same trap I did

Start low and work your way up. My first adjustable was the Futur. I startrd high and didn't discover it's potential until a few years later with a lot of water under the bridge. It is a fantastic razor but I expected too much too soon. Don't fall into the same trap I did
Thanks for the tip. It took me me a little while to get used to the 6c, just kept finding myself going back to my cheapy edwin jagger kelvin, we'll see if the Flexi can drag me away

Wednesday 29th September

Soap • Palmolive Stick
Brush • Simpson Trafalgar T3
Razor • Rockwell 6C R3
Blade • Gillette Silver Blue (3)
Post • Superdrug Forest Fresh Aftershave

Cheap and cheerful shave this evening.
I hadn't used Palmolive Soap for quite a while, I'm pleased that I did too.
Silver Blue on it's third use was silky smooth, I'm tempted to push it to a fourth shave but they're cheap enough to dispose of after three shaves.
Finished with Superdrug Forest Fresh Aftershave, which is insanely cheap considering it's performance and great scent.
I really should pick up their other own brand splashes.

Wednesday 29th September

Soap • Palmolive Stick
Brush • Simpson Trafalgar T3
Razor • Rockwell 6C R3
Blade • Gillette Silver Blue (3)
Post • Superdrug Forest Fresh Aftershave

Cheap and cheerful shave this evening.
I hadn't used Palmolive Soap for quite a while, I'm pleased that I did too.
Silver Blue on it's third use was silky smooth, I'm tempted to push it to a fourth shave but they're cheap enough to dispose of after three shaves.
Finished with Superdrug Forest Fresh Aftershave, which is insanely cheap considering it's performance and great scent.
I really should pick up their other own brand splashes.
I discovered this just as the palmolive still was less than readily available! Looks great stuff!

SOTD : 30th September 2021.

16.jpg

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/Nivea Men Power Fresh Shower Gel.

Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face.
FatFace Ocean Escape Soap Bar.
Brush: Yaqi Sagrada Familia 24mm Synthetic.
Bowl Lather.
Bowl: Home Bargains Stainless Steel Side Bowl.
Lather : Williams Mug shaving Soap.
Blade:WeCut Platinum. (D2)
Razor: Snmirn Adjustable. (settings) 4-wtg, 8-atg, 6,-pick ups.

Cold water face wash with brush squeezings, Cold Water Face Rinse. /Homemade (~Autumn/Winter mix~) peppermint lavender, eucalyptus, + Tea Tree essential Oils Mixed Together With 200ml of Care+Witch Hazel./Cien Sensitive ASB./Williams Aqua Velva ASL.(Spanish Version)

Greetings,

Early morning shave,

Another wonderful shave with the Snmirn razor to finish my shaving week off....I intend to carry on with the Snmirn razor in my next week's shaves to get more acquainted with it.

A Enjoyable 2 pass + pick ups close comfortable shave with no errors to report....Finishing the shave off with a generous splash of Williams Aqua Velva ASL. (Spanish Version).

My face is feeling smooth cool, & smelling divine.;)

Keep safe, and enjoy your day ladies & gentlemen.:cool:

View attachment 77680

razor - Vector (on loan)
blade - Proline P30 (2)
brush - Frank Shaving 22mm two-band
soap - Mondial - Balsamic Antica Barberia
post - witch hazel
a/s - Cien (!)
balm - Proraso green pre/post.

Eclectic but very good. My admiration for this razor grows. I found the soap during a recent tidy-up. I have no idea where it came from. It worked well - old-school Italian, a nice scent and a touch of menthol. I shall use it again. Cheers - I.
Eclectic shave set ups are a great way to re-acquaint yourself with shaving assortments that you've totally forgotten...Great set up. Yours-B

Back
Top Bottom