SOTD: Saturday 25th September - Friday 1st October 2021.

PreShave: Shower then Cube

Soap: TOBS Lavender

Brush: T3

Razor: Rockwell 6S #2

Blade: Astra SP #2

Post Shave: Alum stick then Proraso White balm

DE Shave #13

After two not so great shaves with my new AS D2 I've reverted back to the set up used previously.
Following further advice received, I closely paid attention to the amount of pressure I was using. A three pass shave without any pick ups resulted in my first bloodless shave. I did feel one sharp ding but no blood. An old nick initially looked like it would weep but stayed at the Red and irritated stage. The Alum block highlighted these two areas but also highlighted an improvement in overall comfort with a reduced sting level, all over my face.
My best shave, in closeness and comfort to date. :)

20210929_112117.jpg
SOTD 29th Sept
Brush - Yaqi Giotto 24mm
Soap - PAA John Frum
Razor- Star Model 100
Blade - Gillette Super Blue #2
Post - Barts Balm Rosemary & Sandalwood
With an ingredient list like this - a cracker of a shave could be the only outcome?
It sure was - closer and smoother than yesterday's shave with the Rockwell 6c on the R3 plate. This little razor is always smooth - yet I'm still surprised how efficient it is.
Take care all and enjoy your shaves

Sotd-29-09-21.jpg

razor - Vector (on loan)
blade - Proline P30 (2)
brush - Frank Shaving 22mm two-band
soap - Mondial - Balsamic Antica Barberia
post - witch hazel
a/s - Cien (!)
balm - Proraso green pre/post.

Eclectic but very good. My admiration for this razor grows. I found the soap during a recent tidy-up. I have no idea where it came from. It worked well - old-school Italian, a nice scent and a touch of menthol. I shall use it again. Cheers - I.

Wednesday AM 2021-09-29
National Coffee Day!
QgnBw7A.jpg

Rooney 3/2 Ebony Finest (24/54)
Ethos Grooming Mélange d'Agrumes shaving soap
Carbon Mokume-gane Brass/R2
Polsilver Super Iridium (9)
Ethos Grooming Mélange d'Agrumes aftershave
ZOUTHL6.jpg

Wednesday SEptember 29, 2021
Razor: Auto Strop A-1
Blade: Modified Gem SS
Brush: Hembree Delrin/Cashmere
Soap: Ethos Succès
AS 1: Humphrey's Alcoholado Maravilla 70
AS 2: Ethos Succès Skin Food Splash
Fragrance: Ethos Succès EDP
Consecutive Daily Shaves - # 1,057
View attachment 77666View attachment 77667
Hello…just wanted to say how I enjoy seeing the vintage advertising, schematic old school drawings of the razors in your posts…regards Paul.

PS-Turkish Bar Soap
Brush-Istanbul Generic
Soap-Castle Forbes Lavender
Blade-Gillette Saloon
Razor-Eclipse Red Ring*
AS-Barts Sample A
AAS-Tea Tree Dilute

Over the years this pre war razor seems to have achieved mystical powers I.E. Turns water into wine, prophecy, sexual powers of a Casenova etc. I inherited several of this very model and sad to recall despite many shaves all it does is provide an excellent result in the shaving department and no other benefits. It changes hands at crazy prices going for over £200 on Ebay.

Birthday #48 shave
Mitchell's Wool Fat Soap (gift from mother-in-law)
Yaqui sagrada
ATT S1/Astra blue
Alum
Old spice

Very pleased with the Mitchell's soap (face lathering)... it's like spreading butter... No real need for me to look any further soap-wise (but of course I will).
And the Old Spice AS gives to my skin the vintage smell that, given its age, it's bound to have!
Cheers to all
Marcello
Belated happy birthday!

F1883768-CE4F-41E2-B186-4751C2931445.jpeg

SOTD: 29/09/2021

Razor: Leaf Twig
Blade: Astra SP, 2nd use
Brush: ZENITH Unbleached bristle chrome handle 2000 C XSE
Preshave: PAA Cube Unscented Soap
Soap: A&E Barbiere Sofisticato
Aftershave: A&E Barbiere Sofisticato Aftershave
Balm: Baxter Of California Aftershave Balm Balm

A smooth and effortless shave today, helped no end by this razor and the soap set up. I love the smell of this unique barbershop scent, and it’s looking like it may end up being the first tub I finish due to its use and softness.
A great hump day shave. Look after yourselves!

Back
Top Bottom