SOTD: Saturday 25th September - Friday 1st October 2021.

View attachment 77624
This afternoon -

razor - Blackland Vector (loaner thanks to @Paul L )
blade - Proline P30 (1)
brush - Simpson P8 Phyl best
soap - PAA - Harvest Moon
post - witch hazel
a/s - Brut original
balm - BBA
scent - Hermes D'Orange Verte.

I'll reserve fuller comment until I've used the Vector a bit more but, straight out the box, the first shave was very, very impressive. Loading the blade was a bit of a laugh - if there was a wrong way round/upside down combination of the plates I found it before the correct one. :) - cheers - I.

I'm sure 9 out of 10 users have had the same issue with blade loading and reassembly, Iain
I know I have !

Birthday #48 shave
Mitchell's Wool Fat Soap (gift from mother-in-law)
Yaqui sagrada
ATT S1/Astra blue
Alum
Old spice

Very pleased with the Mitchell's soap (face lathering)... it's like spreading butter... No real need for me to look any further soap-wise (but of course I will).
And the Old Spice AS gives to my skin the vintage smell that, given its age, it's bound to have!
Cheers to all
Marcello
Happy birthday Marcello ,have a great day/night

Last edited:
Birthday #48 shave
Yaqui sagrada
ATT S1/Astra blue
Alum
Old spice

Very pleased with the Mitchell's soap (face lathering)... it's like spreading butter... No real need for me to look any further soap-wise (but of course I will).
And the Old Spice AS gives to my skin the vintage smell that, given its age, it's bound to have!
Cheers to all
Marcello
Happy birthday young man!

CA7EF171-2908-4238-8605-EAD6479C0B96.jpegRazor = Rockwell 6s ( 4 )
Blade = Treet Platinum ( 2 )
Brush = The Darn Robb 24mm Boar
Soap = Mudder Focker By Razorock
Aftersplash = Noble Otter The Noir ET Vanille
Balm = Baxter’s Of California

Absolutely fantastic shave tonight
Sometimes a shave just grips me, a shave that seems better than the rest, a shave where i feel noticeably different and tonight it was this one.
The Soap, Razor, Blade combo just seemed to work a treat.
i have been after this soap for a while for no other reason than i read it had mud in it so was intrigued from that day on.
Quite Possibly one of the cheapest soaps i own yet the performance was absolute class it really was.
Within seconds i have a smooth, shiny creamy lather, The slickness for me is class and just a great all round performing soap
The only down side is i now need to get another couple of soaps just to compare it with
well that’s my excuse & i’m sticking to it lol .

on the down side iv just found out iv got another 4 weeks in Norway which i’m not looking forward to.
Never Mind
Stay Safe Lads

Early evening head shave.
View attachment 77631
Ever-Ready 1912 (UK)
Personna GEM
Razorock Big Bruce
Palmolive Rinfrescante (menthol)
Figaro aftershave (tobacco/oud)
Bart's Ben More (bergamot/vanilla)

2nd shave with this blade/razor and, if anything, better than the first. The blade seemed a touch smoother. Great 3 pass shave, minimal feedback from alum block and no creatures were harmed during this shave.
I might risk the blade for a 3rd use on Friday, but that's 2x 4-day growth shaves completed so I'll have another combination ready!
Gem blades settle in really well after the first shave or two. Cracking razor.

Prep: Myrsol Emulsion
Bowl: Thirsty Badger
Brush: Simpson Emperator Manchurian
Soap: Zaharoff Signature
Razor: Razorock Winderbar Slant on Stork RWH TI
Blade: Derby Premium
AS: Myrsol Agua di balsamica
AS: Zaharoff Signature

SOTD_20210928.jpg

Best Regards
Marco

Birthday #48 shave
Yaqui sagrada
ATT S1/Astra blue
Alum
Old spice

Cheers to all
Marcello
A Happy Birthday to you Sir.

Birthday #48 shave
Yaqui sagrada
ATT S1/Astra blue
Alum
Old spice

Cheers to all
Marcello

Happy Birthday.

Birthday #48 shave
Yaqui sagrada
ATT S1/Astra blue
Alum
Old spice

Cheers to all
Marcello

Happy Birthday !

Back
Top Bottom