SOTD : Saturday 25th December-Friday 31st December 2021.

Thu 30 SOTD
Soap Ariana & Evans Forbidden Fruit
Brush Yaqi 22mm Ever-Helpful 2 Band Badger
Razor Karve Brass SB-F
Blade Gillette London Bridge 2nd
Aftershaves Stirling Witchhazel Wintergreen + HA + Yaqi PinaColada Chillers Splash
Nice enough soap. Pleasant scent with acceptable lather qualities.
This Karve SB-F plate is getting smoother each shave...now that I understand the angle better...together with the blade...nice! 3 wonderfully smooth passes for a bbs finish. The aftershaves were eyes-watering good!
20211230_103734.jpg

SOTD : 30th December 2021.

28.jpg

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/Asda Sea Salt & Fennel Extract 2 in1 Shower Gel.

Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face.
Pears Transparent Bar Soap with Mint Extracts.
Brush: Semogue 1438.
Bowl Lather.
Bowl : Home Bargains Stainless Steel Side Bowl.
Lather : Vitos Vegetal shaving soap.
Blade: Personna Platinum Chrome. (D4)
Razor: 1970's Aluminium Handle Gillette Tech. (ENG)

Cold water face wash with brush squeezing's, Cold Water Face Rinse./ Homemade (~Autumn/Winter mix~) peppermint lavender, eucalyptus, + Tea Tree essential Oils Mixed Together With 200ml of Care+Witch Hazel./P&G Old Spice Original ASL./Nivea Men Fresh Kick ASB.

Greetings,

Last shave of 2021.

Another wonderful effortless 2 pass +pickups close comfortable shave from my much loved 1970's tech to finish my last shave of 2021 in style... The Personna Platinum Chrome blade paired together wonderfully with non-aggressive tech making an excellent smooth efficient razor & blade duo.

Over the past year my traditional wet shaving hobby has provided me with much needed enjoyment & relaxation which has kept me focused throughout another eventful year.

Let's hope 2022 will continue to bring back a feeling of normality stability, hope & peace of mind.

A very enjoyable 2 pass + pick ups close comfortable shave with no errors to report....Finishing off my last shave of 2021 with a small dollop of Nivea Men Fresh Kick ASB..

My face is feeling smooth cool, & smelling divine. ;)

Keep safe, and enjoy your day ladies & gentlemen.:cool:

Last edited:
Thursday 30th December
Yaqi Robin - Signature Soaps Hibernia - Ever Ready Lather Catcher - GEM Stainless Coated #3 w/Shim - Osmanli Lemon Cologne - Aloe Vera Gel
AZZm1pg.jpg

Last edited:
SOTD 30-Dec
20211228_100858.jpg
Brush: Wolf Whiskers Boti Chubby 2-Band Fan
Soap: P&B BlueBird
Razor: CB Karve (E)
Blade: GSB (4)

Pleasant enough shave this morning, the E plate was a little much for the amount of growth but I'd already committed and couldn't be bothered changing plates. Decent finish topped off with the P&B splash. Another firm favourite!

Hope everyone has a grand day.

Cheers

Marc

30 December

SV 70th Anniversary
Simpson Chubby 2
Rex Ambassador
Personna med prep
SV 70th Anniversary asl

F5339D10-9649-48C6-B756-2DB02DF0A7B8.jpeg

What a difference a day makes! After yesterday’s poor shave today was wonderful, a close and comfortable two pass shave with an excess of excellent lather. After using the synthetic Duke 3 yesterday, I simply had to remind myself what a real Simpson brush should feel like, so I brought the Chubby 2 Manchurian out of the cupboard… chalk and cheese. The Simpson Duke 3 synthetic is not a good brush, its not even a good synthetic brush, my Yaqi synthetic brushes beat it easily. The Chubby 2, by contrast was pure luxury, but so it should be. I just have to love this brush.

Back
Top Bottom