SOTD : Saturday 25th December-Friday 31st December 2021.

Today's SOTD comes to you with the sad theme 'In memory of my father-in-law James Kelly' who passed away yesterday.

View attachment 82169

Razor - Stainless Colonial General
Blade - Feather Professional
Brush - AP Shaving 24mm Cashmere
Soap - MDC Rose
Moisturiser - Simple
Scent - Chanel pour Monsieur EDP

A man with a very impoverished start to life in the Scotland Road area of Liverpool and even though he made for a better life he never forgot where he came from. And in his mind he never left.

A man with bad taste in music, but I forgive him. He more than likely thought the same about me. But here is one of his favourites Jimmy Shand who for the past 38 years I came to avoid the best I could. But it's not my day

But I will give it that this was one superb shave in memory of a lifetime wet shaver. Jimmy you'll be missed.

And since I had 38 years of Jimmy Shand you can have this from me.....Hope you are listening

Condolences Chris. Stay safe.

20211229_104837.jpg
SOTD 29th Dec
Brush - PAA Starcraft
Soap - Reef Point Calming Spice
Razor - Star Model 100
Blade - Rapira Super Stainless #3
Post - M&S Harvard lotion and Barts Balm Peppermint

After 2 rough, bloody and unpleasant shaves with the Supply 2.0, I decided to go back to something dependable and smooth.
The Star certainly didn't disappoint, 3 smooth but efficient passes resulting in a DFS finish. Credit must also go to the blade, I'm glad I get on with these Rapira's - always found them solid, unspectacular and reliable.
Take care all and enjoy your shaves
PS. Chris @Satanfriendly, my condolences to you and your Family.

Today's SOTD comes to you with the sad theme 'In memory of my father-in-law James Kelly' who passed away yesterday.

View attachment 82169

Soap - MDC Rose
Moisturiser - Simple

A man with a very impoverished start to life in the Scotland Road area of Liverpool and even though he made for a better life he never forgot where he came from. And in his mind he never left.

A man with bad taste in music, but I forgive him. He more than likely thought the same about me. But here is one of his favourites Jimmy Shand who for the past 38 years I came to avoid the best I could. But it's not my day

But I will give it that this was one superb shave in memory of a lifetime wet shaver. Jimmy you'll be missed.

And since I had 38 years of Jimmy Shand you can have this from me.....Hope you are listening

@Satanfriendly
May I add my condolences on your loss

29 December

SV 70th Anniversary
Simpson Duke 3
Karve Christopher Bradley
Feather Hi-stainless
SV 70th Anniversary asl

2A9C56AD-7D7C-42CE-A36E-DEC9C1D7BF81.jpeg

A rather poor shave today. The Simpson brush failed to perform well again. It took an unexpectedly long time to work up a good lather with the usually easy SV soap. Then the razor was not especially close either. I can correct the razor with the D plate, hopefully, but I don’t think there is any hope for the Simpson brush, and, it shed a fibre in the soap this morning too! It is a pity, it’s best badger sibling was one of my favourite brushes a few years ago, I think the synthetic version is just too dense to work properly. I won’t waste any more time with it.

29/12/21
Pre - Shower, cold water face rinse
Brush - Zenith 506 Copper 28mm
Soap - P&B Star Noir
Razor - Blackland Dart
Blade - Perma-sharp Supreme (5)
Post - Cold water Rinse, TC's infused Witch Hazel
Balm - Tonyschin's Cedarwood and Patchouli Argan Oil and Balm
A/S - JPG Le Male'
Wk 52 (24).JPG

Stay safe and enjoy your day All

View attachment 82169

Soap - MDC Rose
Moisturiser - Simple

Condolences mate
never easy especially this time of year.
Good Luck to you

Wed 29th December

The Grosvenor 404mixed
Vitos Super Red
Alu. Hawk V1
Kai Captain Titan Mild Pink ( 1 )
Tuff Red A/S Lotion

It has been a long time since I last used this Hawk. I found it to be a little more aggressive than a V3-A Plate, but not a bad Shave finish.This is a good one for anyone wishing to try AC/SE Razors .

E4FC1F7E-DBB2-4C6B-9DA8-5895B4ADD014.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom