SOTD : Saturday 25th December-Friday 31st December 2021.

SOTD 31-Dec
20211231_084305 (1).jpg
Brush: Simpson Colonel
Soap: NO Plunder
Razor: CG Level 2
Blade: GSB (1)

First use with the Simpson, and remarkably my first Simpson brush ever. Fancied trying the brand and a small badger, this was a reasonable price so thought why not.

All of my other brushes (synth and naturals) are all ≥26mm so this was a real novelty. Took a couple of return trips to the soap to find the balance but ended up with a nice cushioning slick lather. Lost two hairs off the bat, but they appeared bent at the base so I suspect they weren't set in the glue. All in all very happy, unfortunately this makes me curious to try their other hair types and sizes...we shall see.

Grand shave, smooth and refreshed, though it's now day 5 of isolation...running low on red wine...this may be the end!

Hope everyone is having a cracking day and has a great new year's!

Cheers

Marc

31/12/21
Pre - Shower
Brush - DS Cosmetics synth
Soap - D. R. Harris Arlington
Razor - Pearl Flexi Adjustable V6 #3 then #2.5
Blade - Feather Hi Stainless (3)
Post - Cold water Rinse, TC's infused Witch Hazel
Balm - Tonyschin's Orange & Neroli Argan Oil
A/S - Geoffrey Beene Bowling Green

Wk 52 (40).JPG
This razor is just so smooth, well worth the outlay and very much a contender against much more expensive Adjustables.
The brush was gifted to me from the Emporium with a purchase and really is a favourite of mine.
Sort of glad to see the back of this year and DEcember, looking forward to next month where i will be mixing and matching again including getting out a couple of my Straight's:eek:, its been a while.
So enjoy your evening whatever you have planned, goodbye 2021 and a Happy New Year to all my shaving buddies.
Remember!
Stay safe and enjoy your day All.
New Year GIF

shirley temple film GIF

270081274_472902531005053_6313372117879952407_n.jpg

Prep: Shower, Palmolive Olive Oil Soap
Soap: Executive Shaving Bay Rum
Brush: 24mm Yaqi Sagrada Familia Tuxedo
Razor: Merkur 34C HD
Blade: Gillette Super Blue (2)

Tried and trusted setup to end the year. A heartfelt thank you all for the help, advice and laughs over the past year. Except for you @Satanfriendly ;)

wanker-piss-off.gif

Rave safe everyone, and have a pleasant end to 2021, whatever you have planned :love:

Friday 31st December

Oumo 26mm SHD Silvertip - TFS Barber Block - Parker Variant (4)/Astra Blue - Aramis EDT

It is unusual for me to use a blade for more than 3 shaves but I want to start the New Year with a fresh setup.
3 passes for a great result....which if I was interested ....would last me well into the early hours of the New Year

Happy new year to all....and may it be better than the one on the way out!

31 December

Signature Soaps Leodis
Blackland Signature
Karve Christopher Bradley
Feather Hi-stainless
Signature Soaps Leodis asl

608316E9-307C-463A-9E15-46B2BAC466EE.jpeg

A very pleasant close shave this morning. The Karve D plate gave a somewhat closer shave than the C plate, and the Signature soap’s luxurious lather gave my skin good protection and a wonderful scent.

31 December

Signature Soaps Leodis
Blackland Signature
Karve Christopher Bradley
Feather Hi-stainless
Signature Soaps Leodis asl

View attachment 82252

A very pleasant close shave this morning. The Karve D plate gave a somewhat closer shave than the C plate, and the Signature soap’s luxurious lather gave my skin good protection and a wonderful scent.
Thanks and all the very best for 2022

Friday December 31, 2021
Razor: Shake Sharp Razor MK-2
Blade: Statum
Brush: Fluffy Ind. #86/Maggards 24mm Premium Boar
Soap: Victory Flak Bait
AS 1: Humphrey's Alcoholado Maravilla 70
AS 2: Nivea Deep
Fragrance:
Consecutive Daily Shaves - # 1150

After yesterday's shave with the MK-1 I had to take the MK-2 out for a spin. Easily my Favorite Shake Sharp and in my top 5 probably for all time favorite razors. Have a great day everyone !!
IMG_20211231_065107833_HDR.jpg

ATT SE1 with iKon OSS handle
with
Kai Captain DIA (1)
D.R. Harris Windsor cream
Zenith 502 27mm boar brush
31122021.jpg
The real curio here was the Kai DIA 'Double Diamond Like Carbon' blade, also labelled 'mild'. Well, the shave itself was a delight: one pass N→S, one ATG, and one more ATG neck only… BBS.
I was well pleased—until I made the mistake of applying Windsor aftershave milk, which caused a bit of irritation. Right now, all I can say is I can't remember getting such a smooth shave from a regular Kai Captain. How these blades compare with the PINKs might be telling, but the experiment will have to wait, because my new Blackbird arrived today, so I'll be spending the first week or so of the year with that.

20211231_122637.jpg
Last SOTD 2021

Pre: Hot Shower
Razor: Executive Shaving Claymore
Brush: The Gentleman’s Groom Room LE 2018
Blade: Feather Pro Guard (2)
Soap: The Gentleman’s Groom Room Buddha Wood
A/S: The Gentleman’s Groom Room Buddha Wood
Balm: The Gentleman’s Groom Room Buddha Wood

Have a happy, healthy and safe new year.

IMG_026s4.jpg

My last shave of 2021 was an excellent one featuring some of my favourites from 2021.

Razor: Gillette Fatboy 1959 E2 (6)
Blade: KAI (2)
Soap: Mitchell’s Wool Fat
Brush: Simpson’s Chubby 3 BB
Pre-shave: Proraso Green
Post-shave: None needed
Bowl: Face lather

As this was the last shave of the year, I can offer you some VERY EXCITING statistics from my shave spreadsheet.

I had 150 shaves in 2021, this is an average of 12.5 shaves per calendar month. For some reason June saw 16 shaves! The average delay between shaves is therefore 2.43 days.

Here are the top five items used in each shave category. I suppose this confirms that I like to mild razors with the sharpest blades. Apart from Yorkshire’s finest soap, the Mitchell’s Wool Fat, I enjoy citrus and lime based soaps, aftershaves and balms. The LEA products also deserve a mention.

Top 5 Razors
Feather AS-D2 - 27
Gillette Fatboy 1959 E2 - 19
Giesen & Forsthoff Timor 1353 - 18
Rockwell 6S - 13
Gillette Super Speed 1953 Y3 - 12

Top 5 Blades
Feather - 49
Voskhod - 16
Feather AC Pro - 15
KAI - 13
Personna Israeli Crystal - 13

Top 5 Soaps
Mitchell’s Wool Fat - 19
TOBS Grapefruit - 15
Castle Forbes Lime - 12
LEA Shave Stick - 11
Martin de Candre Argumes - 10 & Stirling Spice - 10

Top 5 Aftershaves / Balms
Bart’s Lime Balm - 25
LEA - Balm - 24
P&B Trafalgar - 14
Trumper’s Lime Cologne - 14
Castle Forbes Lime Balm - 11

I hope everyone has a great 2022!

Razor = PAA Crimson Ghost Fakelite Series
Blade = PAA Platinum Strangelet ( 3 )
Brush = PAA Star Wisp 26mm Stygian Synth
Soap = PAA Cold Spices with matching splash
Balm = Simpson Sandlewood
View attachment 82199Another Cracker today
Im Phoenixd up to the max :ROFLMAO:
Ah why not ah
The soap is tremendous i love it
a homage to Old Spice.
When i first seen my wife after my shave she said ooh what a smell of mothballs have you used Old Spice Again :ROFLMAO:
That’s the wife’s trained nose mothballs lol
but genuinely it does have the scent.
This CK6 formula is wonderful.
i lathered up far to dry on purpose as i really enjoy lathering up & dipping the tips in water until i have a luxurious lather,
I can actually spend a good 10 or more minutes lathering if i’m in a relaxed mood.
The Brush is a new one for me
PAAs latest and for me possibly one of their best looks & performance wise
they really are great brushes for £20 ish.
Also These Razors are brilliant and not as aggressive as you would think with them being double edge slants.
Over all this was a 10/10 shave with no weepers but a fair bit of sting with the aftershave.

Just a quick one lads my son works at the Edinburg Airport & 12 staff struck down with the virus today.
I’m on my first day of antibiotics so should be back to being a clown on a couple of days lol
Stay Safe
Great shave Mike used to work at Edinburgh Airport myself left in 2014

Back
Top Bottom