SOTD : Saturday 25th December-Friday 31st December 2021.

Fri 31st December

A Happy 2022 everybody

RR 400.SE Plissoft noir
Cyril Salter Solid soap
Claymore Evolution
Feather Proguard ( 1 )
Pitralon Polar A/S Lotion

Quite surprised at the performance of this blade against Two days growth.Not the closest of Shaves that I have had with a FP blade, and suspect that a Kai guarded blade may have done better. Hopefully at some time I may be able to try one in The Evo.

29D5226B-960A-4086-960D-566B2270F769.jpeg

31/12

Pre shave: PAA cube
Soap: PAA keepsake fruit cake ck 6
Splash: PAA keepsake fruit cake
Balm: PAA keepsake fruit cake star jelly
Bowl: saponificio varesino
Brush: alpha outlaw
Razor: karve stainless B plate
Blade: paa strangelet 1st use

Scent notes: Candied Fruit, Rich Butter, Coconut, Maple Syrup, Brown Sugar, Vanilla, Cake Batter, and Spiced Atomic Age Bay Rum.

Happy hogmanay when it comes went for a 3 pass shave today the scent on the soap is really nice i get a strong sweet fruity scent really nice scent on the splash as well the wife also really liked the scent and 1st use of the blade from paa which was ok will need to experiment with different plates and razors overall a good shave

20211231_154328.jpg20211231_154229.jpg20211231_154354.jpg20211231_154410.jpg20211231_154518.jpg20211231_154706.jpg20211231_154918.jpg20211231_160703.jpg

View attachment 82263

Outlaw
Gillette Silver Blue
Zenith Manchurian
Saponificio Varesino Tundra Artica soap and aftershave balm.
EDP: Acqua Di Parma Ambra

Wishing everyone a happy new year. Let's hope brighter days are ahead.

Cheers
Rob ✊

@Satanfriendly Sorry to hear of your loss Chris. My condolences.

I'll leave you with my tune of the year. What else?

Many thanks indeed Rob

DC3D37EF-F980-44CE-AF42-2F6369A4EB3B.jpeg

SOTD: 31/12/2021

Razor: Yaqi Excalibur
Blade: Proshave S, 3rd use
Brush: PAA Phantom Aerolite Synthetic Shaving Brush
Bowl: Captains Choice Copper Lather Bowl Standard Bowl
Preshave: PAA Cube Unscented Soap
Soap: Stirling Shadow Orchid Puck
Aftershave: Tom Ford Black Orchid EDT
Balm: Bart’s Balm Sample Balm
Additional Care: Osma Laboratoires Alum Block

My first shave with the proshave s and hopefully it’s just settling in on the first use but it’s not as good as the Kai I replaced. It felt far more sharp and unpredictable than the Kai and it’s not close to the feathers in my Hawk. That said a good shave all considered just wasn’t the quick and easy shave I’ve come to expect from the ac razors I have.
Happy new year guys, have a good one!

PS-Turkish Bar Soap
Brush-Proraso Bristle
Blade-Feather Pro
Soap-Signature Danum
Razor- Occam
AS-Nivea Balm
AAS-4711

I bought this razor a couple of years ago loaded it with a Feather Pro and promptly forgot about it. Pressed it into use for the New Year. Its a strange beast but coupled with the Pro blade coped well with 4 day stubble. I thought the concave handle might be a problem but it didn’t cause any difficulties. Danum soap always adds to the quality of the shave.

The last SOTD for this week and in fact my last shave for this year. And to finish this year this shave came with the theme 'A most happy of New Years you wonderful shavateers'

20211231_145306.jpg

Feliz año nuevo - Stainless Colonial General
Bonne année - Feather Professional
نیا سال مبارک ہو - Yaqi Dandelion
Laimingų Naujųjų metų - Pecksniff's cream
你有大陰莖嗎 - Faena aftershave balm

And a most wonderful shave to see it all out

And it is over to Band Maid to sing in the new one

Have a most brilliant new year you great TSR folk and yes, I love you all

Friday 31st December

AM-JKLW78QjCbia5kjzyJA2owD6fZRhO9Sr34OpWQY70A3H_rlaUQGAgHPtcYOA4j6eCTymJ8WbjHkScHw0ucH4NgDGj7eS4taCBEG0CR02JZnjBNrk1GrQMcngbW9l0IbqblvqMu4eyog8QPkEQep8GijzVrw=s800

Ganders Goat Soap w/Hop, Sage & Birch
La Savonniere du Moulin Shaving Soap
Razorock 400 w/Omega Professional Boar 28mm
Ever-Ready 1907
GEM by Personna (5)
Imperial Leather (Vintage) Aftershave

My last scrape of 2021 and with the GEM blade right at my personal sweet-spot of 5 shaves in, what better than a pure and simple, functional lather catcher: the 1907. It's a razor which I became re-acquanted with this year and found a real love for it, more so than its sibling Gem Junior Bar and more so than (Shock! Horror!) the Damaskeene which followed ... yes, Mr 1912 saying he likes something more than a 1912!

With a thick shim under the blade, a spine taken from a vintage blade and maybe double the thickness of a modern spine, it was a wonderful shave! I took my time and really enjoyed two passes, one with and one against the grain; each pass taken in one without rinsing the razor and making full use of that spacious curve which gives it it's name: the lather catcher.

All the best for the coming year, fellows ...

fx7Ds93.jpg

Prep: Valobra Glycerlanolina soap, Myrsol Emulsion
Brush: Saponificio Varesino Two-band High Mountain Manchurian White Badger
Cream: Santa Maria Novella
Razor: Blackland Blackbird
Blade: Vintage NOS Schick Plus Platinum (3)
Post: Thayers Cucumber Witch Hazel, Vitos Tobacco Aftershave Lotion
Scent: Santa Maria Novella Acqua Di Cuba Cologne

A delightful NYE shave - Happy 2022, All!

Razor = 1966 Gillette Superspeed ( Birth Year )
Blade = Vintage Perma Sharp ( Scottish )
Brush = We Whisky Barrel 28mm High Mountain Badger
Soap = Essence Of Scotland Malt n Myrtle
Splash = Essence Of Scotland Berry Fields O Blair
Balm = Barts Balm Ben More
AA9DC01E-CDF8-4F70-AFC9-6565B68E9E06.jpegLast Shave Of The Year For Me and a good riddance to 2021.
For me the shave could only have been a scottish one.
Unfortunately i don’t have a Scottish Razor so i opted for my birth year Black Superspeed ( 66 ).
The Blade was a first for me a vintage Perma Sharp made in Scotland.
I genuinely love these soaps and nothing to do with being scottish it’s genuinely class with my some of my favourite ingredients being Whisky & Honey and this soap has it in abundance.
Over all a great way to end the year for me but i feel the head going down so hopefully we get rid of this virus soon.
Anyway Onwards & Upwards
Happy New Year & Good Health To All.

I just wanted to thank you all for contributing to a brilliant forum.
All the very best lads & lassies
here’s to a Good 2022
:love::love::love:

Yeah job is a graft luckily I was in my twenties when I did it was their 2007 to 2014 the pay was shite but the banter was great best place for banter I have ever worked in still keep in touch with some of the people now and again
Don’t think it’s the place it once was with all the ever growing restrictions and i don’t mean the virus.
My son likes it he’s the lead agent for Air France/KlM

Don’t think it’s the place it once was with all the ever growing restrictions and i don’t mean the virus.
My son likes it he’s the lead agent for Air France/KlM
Yeah iam glad I left when I did don't miss the early starts lol towards the end we used to do 6 days on 3 off which was 3 backs 3 earlys and on your last back you finished at 9pm and my next shift was 4am the next day the 3 days off were great though the worst shift pattern was 4 on 2 off as you worked almost every weekend and on your weekends they would put you on 12 hour shifts the hoors lol

Back
Top Bottom