SOTD : Saturday 24th July to Friday 30th July 2021.

Pre-shave:- Cold Shower
Bowl/Scuttle:- Captain's Choice
Brush:- Semogue SOC 2 Band Finest Badger in Butterscotch 24/53mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Stirling Soap ~ Barbershop
Razor/Blade:- Merkur 34C / Gillette Stainless (red & white) #14
Post/After-shave:- T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent mixed into the 240ml bottle with Invite E High Potency Pure Oil (10 drops), Natural Plant Glycerin (20) & Tea Tree Oil Antiseptic (5)

SOTD : 25th July 2021.

Shaving Recipe For today.

Prep: Warm shower:/Cien Mint & Tea Tree Shower Gel.

Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face.
Pears Transparent Bar Soap. + Nuage Menthol shaving Oil.
Brush: Fine 24mm Synthetic.
Bowl Lather.
Bowl: Home Bargains Stainless Steel Side Bowl.
Lather: Fine Fresh Vetiver Classic Shaving Soap.
Blade: Baili Platinum +.(D2)
Razor: Baili BD191.

Cold water face wash with brush squeezings, Cold Water Face Rinse. /Homemade (~Spring/Summer mix~) Lemon, Eucalyptus,Tea Tree, Essential Oils.3 Menthol Crystals, Mixed Together With 200ml of Care+Witch Hazel./Nivea Men Sensitive cooling PSB./Milton Lloyd President EdT.

Greetings,

A relaxing Sunday morning shave.

It's been a while since i last added the fine fresh vetiver soap to my soap rotation and forgot how good of a lather this soap gives in a short space of time...

Another comfortable shave this morning from the Baili razor & blade duo. The Platinum + blade has surprised me with it's mild yet efficient smoothness.

An acceptable 2 pass + pick ups comfortable shave with no errors to report...Finishing the shave off with a few small squirts of Milton Lloyd President EdT to the pulse points.

My face is feeling super smooth & smelling divine.

Stay safe, and enjoy your Sunday ladies & gentlemen.

Last edited:
Strange you had this experience with the Kai blade, mine is the total opposite and would have said it was like a Duracell bunny and just keeps on shaving.
I wonder if you have a duff blade .
All that being said it's always a shame when a shave never lives up to expectations.
Stay safe out there.

Todays Cold Water Shave Kit - Sunday 25th July 2021

Shave Score 9.9 \ 10.0

PreShave: Hot Shower \ PAA The Cube 2.0 "Menthol" \ Baxters Face Scrub
PreShave: PAA The Cube 2.0 "Non-Menthol"
Soap: Stirling Soap Co. Haverford
Brush: Yaqi 24mm - Sagrada Familia
Razor: Snmirn
Blade: Amazon - Solimo (1)
Post Shave ASL: Stirling Soap Co. Haverford
Post Shave Balm: Stirling Soap Co. Haverford
Post Shave Cologne: Stirling Soap Co. Haverford

A lovely close FF/BBS Shave with the Amazon razor paired with my favourite blade.

It doesn’t get much better than this for me

Have a good Sunday all.

Joe

25/07/2021

Razor: ATT Windsor Pro SB90
Blade: GSB (1)
Brush: Shavemac TSR 2015 LE
Soap: P&B Interlinked
ASL: Nivea 2 Phase
ASB: None

Soap, brush and razor are all first time uses for me. Always a risk if things don't work out. This was a fantastic shave. @phoenixandbeau have done a great job with this soap - well done Kerry. This may become a favourite. I'm tempted to order the splash and balm to go with it. It's my birthday today - perhaps I should treat myself!

I'll comment further on the Windsor Pro after a few more uses but first impressions are favourable. Very favorable.

25 July

Extro Bergamotto di Calabria
Blackland Signature
Blackland Blackbird
Feather Hi-stainless
Floïd Mentolado Vigoroso

The Extro/Floïd combination was so good yesterday that I chose to use it for a third time in a row with the Blackland combination, and a first class, two pass shave was had to start the day.

Happy birthday @Boycie83 have a good one.

I carried onto the second shave as it is reputed to have a bit of a break in period where the second shave can be a lot smoother, but if I go one, two, three, four, five times over an area on my jawline and it's still scratchy, then pull a Gillette Guard over it once to get smooth, then something is off.

Yep! It could well be a dud blade, but the speed these things run through the machinery, it's likely to be a dud pack and I really don't want to spend that much on another pack. Even with a good pack (and that's assuming this one is dud), I don't think it'll be the holy grail for me ,,,

Happy Birthday hope it’s a good en !

Happy birthday fella

Love my Windsor Pro
HAPPY BIRTHDAY

Happy birthday!