SOTD : Saturday 24th July to Friday 30th July 2021.

Pre-shave:- Cold Shower
Bowl/Scuttle:- Captain's Choice
Brush:- Semogue SOC 2 Band Finest Badger in Butterscotch 24/53mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Stirling Soap ~ Barbershop
Razor/Blade:- Merkur 34C / Gillette Stainless (red & white) #14
Post/After-shave:- T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent mixed into the 240ml bottle with Invite E High Potency Pure Oil (10 drops), Natural Plant Glycerin (20) & Tea Tree Oil Antiseptic (5)

SOTD : 25th July 2021.

9.jpg

Shaving Recipe For today.

Prep: Warm shower:/Cien Mint & Tea Tree Shower Gel.

Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face.
Pears Transparent Bar Soap. + Nuage Menthol shaving Oil.
Brush: Fine 24mm Synthetic.
Bowl Lather.
Bowl: Home Bargains Stainless Steel Side Bowl.
Lather: Fine Fresh Vetiver Classic Shaving Soap.
Blade: Baili Platinum +.(D2)
Razor: Baili BD191.

Cold water face wash with brush squeezings, Cold Water Face Rinse. /Homemade (~Spring/Summer mix~) Lemon, Eucalyptus,Tea Tree, Essential Oils.3 Menthol Crystals, Mixed Together With 200ml of Care+Witch Hazel./Nivea Men Sensitive cooling PSB./Milton Lloyd President EdT.

Greetings,

A relaxing Sunday morning shave.

It's been a while since i last added the fine fresh vetiver soap to my soap rotation and forgot how good of a lather this soap gives in a short space of time...

Another comfortable shave this morning from the Baili razor & blade duo. The Platinum + blade has surprised me with it's mild yet efficient smoothness.

An acceptable 2 pass + pick ups comfortable shave with no errors to report...Finishing the shave off with a few small squirts of Milton Lloyd President EdT to the pulse points.

My face is feeling super smooth & smelling divine.;)

Stay safe, and enjoy your Sunday ladies & gentlemen.:cool:

Last edited:
Saturday 24th July

Ganders Goat Soap w/Hop, Sage & Birch
OSP vs Shaving Station Spirits
Semogue SOC Taj w/24mm Boar
Gillette Hybrid Tech w/Weber Bulldog Handle
KAI Stainless (2)
OSP vs Shaving Station Spirits Aftershave

I was excited to try the Kai Stainless, but somewhat confuzzled about its reputed sharpness while perusing the figures over at Refined Shave where it sits as dull as the Treet Black Beauty out of the box but sharpens up with first use, yet still doesn't get much sharper than any middling blade.

Well, one way to find out ...

Yesterday, I used it in my Feather Popular and despite two passes ended up with a proverbial "shadow shave" ... where you get shaved, but can still see the shadow. Indeed, it was not a sharp blade from the off and yes, it did sharpen up during first use but I could most definitely feel that passing over and over the same area was not actually cutting close.

I have a good number of shaves under my belt in the Feather Popular and despite it being a pretty cheap razor, it's not at all bad. Loading, say, the mighty Feather in or a Gillette Sharp Edge, it certainly does the do ...

So, in case the razor is indeed wonky, tonight I loaded the (once used) Kai Stainless into my Gillette Hybrid Tech. If any razor can be guaranteed to give a great shave, it's the Gillette Hybrid Tech. Happy to report a shave (sans shadow) with two passes, but the blade was most cetainly not sharp. Not dull tuggy, just not sharp.

One for the "life is too short" pile and so, ditched at two shaves.

I'll no doubt return to remainder of the pack some time in the next decade, but won't be rushing back.
Strange you had this experience with the Kai blade, mine is the total opposite and would have said it was like a Duracell bunny and just keeps on shaving.
I wonder if you have a duff blade :unsure: .
All that being said it's always a shame when a shave never lives up to expectations.
Stay safe out there.

Sunday 07.25.21 SOTD

pP4nCPm.png

Karve CB Gladius OC level D / Gillette Nacet
Heritage Ever-Ready 26mm Maggard SHD Fan

Zingari Man The Watchman Sego Shave Soap &AS

Todays Cold Water Shave Kit - Sunday 25th July 2021

Shave Score 9.9 \ 10.0

PreShave: Hot Shower \ PAA The Cube 2.0 "Menthol" \ Baxters Face Scrub
PreShave: PAA The Cube 2.0 "Non-Menthol"
Soap: Stirling Soap Co. Haverford
Brush: Yaqi 24mm - Sagrada Familia
Razor: Snmirn
Blade: Amazon - Solimo (1)
Post Shave ASL: Stirling Soap Co. Haverford
Post Shave Balm: Stirling Soap Co. Haverford
Post Shave Cologne: Stirling Soap Co. Haverford

A lovely close FF/BBS Shave with the Amazon razor paired with my favourite blade.

It doesn’t get much better than this for me :)

Have a good Sunday all.

Joe

48437E04-C862-4D0E-9FFC-0611D87339B6.jpeg

25/07/2021

Razor: ATT Windsor Pro SB90
Blade: GSB (1)
Brush: Shavemac TSR 2015 LE
Soap: P&B Interlinked
ASL: Nivea 2 Phase
ASB: None

IMG_20210724_191716.jpg
Soap, brush and razor are all first time uses for me. Always a risk if things don't work out. This was a fantastic shave. @phoenixandbeau have done a great job with this soap - well done Kerry. This may become a favourite. I'm tempted to order the splash and balm to go with it. It's my birthday today - perhaps I should treat myself!

I'll comment further on the Windsor Pro after a few more uses but first impressions are favourable. Very favorable.

25 July

Extro Bergamotto di Calabria
Blackland Signature
Blackland Blackbird
Feather Hi-stainless
Floïd Mentolado Vigoroso

1BF4FEE7-3CEB-4EB9-8365-05FB7E47F23B.jpeg

The Extro/Floïd combination was so good yesterday that I chose to use it for a third time in a row with the Blackland combination, and a first class, two pass shave was had to start the day.

25/07/2021

View attachment 74201
Soap, brush and razor are all first time uses for me. Always a risk if things don't work out. This was a fantastic shave. @phoenixandbeau have done a great job with this soap - well done Kerry. This may become a favourite. I'm tempted to order the splash and balm to go with it. It's my birthday today - perhaps I should treat myself!

I'll comment further on the Windsor Pro after a few more uses but first impressions are favourable. Very favorable.
Happy birthday @Boycie83 have a good one.

25/07/2021

View attachment 74201

Happy Birthday Reaction GIF

Strange you had this experience with the Kai blade, mine is the total opposite and would have said it was like a Duracell bunny and just keeps on shaving.
I wonder if you have a duff blade :unsure: .
All that being said it's always a shame when a shave never lives up to expectations.
Stay safe out there.
I carried onto the second shave as it is reputed to have a bit of a break in period where the second shave can be a lot smoother, but if I go one, two, three, four, five times over an area on my jawline and it's still scratchy, then pull a Gillette Guard over it once to get smooth, then something is off.

Yep! It could well be a dud blade, but the speed these things run through the machinery, it's likely to be a dud pack and I really don't want to spend that much on another pack. Even with a good pack (and that's assuming this one is dud), I don't think it'll be the holy grail for me ,,,

25/07/2021

View attachment 74201

Happy Birthday hope it’s a good en !

25/07/2021

View attachment 74201

Happy birthday fella

25/07/2021

View attachment 74201

Love my Windsor Pro (y)
HAPPY BIRTHDAY :D

25/07/2021

View attachment 74201

giphy-2.gif
Happy birthday!

Back
Top Bottom