SOTD: Saturday 24 June - Friday 30 June 2023.

View attachment 108029
Ikon X3 on ATT alu handle - Treet Classic carbon - Simpson Case pure - P&B Bluebird soap and splash.

Lovely - my first use of the P&B Bluebird - inspired by Creed Aventus. Not much point in discussing the soap base - it's reliably great as long as you give it enough water - which is more than you think in my experience. I've owned the original fragrance and this is a classy take on it - superior to RR Emperor or Fine Platinum in my opinion. The opening is less complex and 'fruity' than the real thing - no blackcurrant or pineapple - and it's missing the ambergris in the base but apart from that real nice. Definitely a keeper. Shave well one and all - cheers - I.

Thanks very much @Crossan - another seamless BST purchase. Five stars - :)
Fantastic, glad you enjoyed it!

Fifth shave with the modern London Bridge blade. Really good performance still, and now in the Semi Slant which has already proven itself to be a good fit for me.

Finished the Grooming Department English Lavender shaving soap and the Wars Fresh aftershave lotion at the same time.

Rating: 4.5 / 5

Razor: Parker 55 Semi-Slant
Blade: London Bridge Made in England
Brush: Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements Amber Aerolite Stygian Synthetic
Lather: Derby Shave stick
Aftershave: Wars Fresh https://shavingbuddies.com/shave/649c665c7561cd6e4045e53c

Tech June-kies ...

Wednesday 28th June

AJFCJaVQVmuZI-f86j-z2HTLWGzkcWjxpgDgTqgiXFGMooeeVs-udEPiP8dkqmGUL2HmSteQeiyzBPFccbFB0VDsF90I5HVBEyvQ54v_hj9Fgu18T5DZbiq1Bpwuvc0xvI6H7b_a2ZeRl2roNJq7qsLo99k84Q=w800

Boots Albany (Vintage) Shaving Bowl & Ever-Ready 600N Lucite w/Tuxedo Synthetic 26mm
Gillette Tech (British 1940s Milady) & Gillette Winner (3)
Pinaud (Vintage) Lilac Vegetal (as Aftershave)

Another absolutely delightful shave with this Milady Tech cementing the British flat-bottomed model as my favourite of the Techs.

Splash of vintage veg was sublime! Doubly so, given the still present lilac and jasmine scent of the soap.

Sublime!

Wednesday 28 June
Two SOTDs for the price of one today, yesterday the 50s GEM Push-Button, today the Ever Ready Natural Angle also made by GEM then packaged in an Ever Ready box around 1933/34.
Fitted with a GEM personna se blade they are simply superb. If you haven’t tried one of these you are missing a real treat.
As good as any se razor today and cheap to buy. BBS finish in two passes and very little pick up.
Synthetic brushes in spalted beech handles. Pic 1,Emperor soap and 2 TOBS Sandalwood.
Enjoy life fellas! This ain’t a rehearsal.

IMG_0144.jpeg

IMG_0145.jpeg

4F444E64-B470-4156-BAFE-99D15308E67E.jpeg

Simpson Duke 2 SiLVERTiP
Schick L Twin
Chinese Schick (1)
Czech & Speake Oxford & Cambridge
Thayer’s Lavender witch hazel
4711 a/s

Put a single blade in the Twinjector, and was very underwhelmed by the performance. Not nearly as efficient as the twin blades, with a lot of buffing required for a satisfactory finish.
The 4711 splash certainly let me know it’d overdone it.

I will give it another go with this blade before returning to a twin blade with this razor.

28/6/23

Pre - Palmolive
Soap - Arko
Brush - Yaqi G4
Razor - Gillette 50's Aluminium Tech
Blade - Dorco Titan
Post - Effect Cucumber
AS - Makler Celebration

Another stinker of a shave. I managed to pick up a massive in grown on the first pass! I don't think the blade/razor were sharp enough for 2/3 days worth of growth. I finished the shave with a few splashes of Makler Celebration. A glorious aftershave! A light old school citrus scent, sits nicely on the skin too. A great lather too. The Arko Man never fails.

IMG_20230628_170858.jpg

IMG_2060.jpeg
SOTD: 28/06/2023

Razor: Wolfman WR4
Blade: Kai Captain Mild Blue, 2nd use
Brush: Highlander Chubby Style Boti Fan Knot Synthetic
Bowl: 3D Printed Bowl
Preshave: PAA Cube Unscented Soap
Soap: A&E Monte Carlo Croap
Aftershave: A&E Monte Carlo Aftershave
Balm: L’Oréal All In 1 Moisturising Cream Balm
Fragrance: Dior Savage Eau de Toilette

I thought I’d try a different heavier handle to see how it effected the shave, the answer was shortly, it didn’t. It changed the balance marginally but as usual the shave was delightful. I rarely use an SE or my razor on its own for this length of time and it’s yet to cause any issues or irritation. Smooth and close I genuinely can’t find any fault. I’m going to enjoy my last two shave sessions with it and try and work out how to get one! Faultless!

SOTD 29-June
20230628_124922-01.jpeg
Brush: C&H 'Finned' V14
Soap: A&E Vanille de Tabac
Razor: RR German 37
Blade: Wizamet

Trial run with the RR German, a little practiced now with the 39C and the angle was easy to find. Just as smooth during the shave and seemingly just as effective. I did get a little tingle after the shave which makes me think the merkur is a little milder, but beyond that it was much of a muchness.

Didn't think I would but I'm enjoying the slants so far.

Hope everyone has a grand day.

Cheers

Marc

Last edited:

SOTD: 29th June 2023.

thursday.jpg

Shaving Recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/ Radox Feel Active Sea Salt & Lemongrass Shower Gel.

Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face.
Pears with Mint Extracts Transparent Bar Soap.
Brush: Wilkinson Sword Synthetic.
Bowl Lather.
Bowl: Home Bargains Stainless Steel Side Bowl.
Lather: LEA Classic Sensitive Shaving Cream.
Blade: Chinese Gillette Super Blue. (D4)
Razor: 1940's Thin Handle Gillette Flat Bottom Tech. (ENG)

Cold water face wash with brush squeezing's, Cold Water Face Rinse./Alum Rub./Cold Water Rinse./Boots Cucumber Facial Toner. / Cien Aqua ASL./Boots Cucumber Moisturising Lotion.

Greetings,

Later than normal morning shave,

It's been a while since I last used the Lea Classic cream and forgot how much of i like the light fresh sandalwood scent with a nice mild menthol kick feels cooling which is perfect for the warmer months of the year.

A comfortable 2 pass + pick ups silky smooth shave with no errors to report. Finishing the shave off with a few small dollops of Boots Cucumber Moisturising Lotion.

My face is feeling cool smooth & smelling divine. ;)

Keep safe, and enjoy your day ladies & gentlemen. :cool:

Back
Top Bottom