SOTD: Saturday 24 June - Friday 30 June 2023.

Thursday 29th June
Ever Ready Streamline - GEM Stainless Coated #7 - Cadman Custom M7 - Old Spice Original - Old Spice Original AS - Aloe Vera Gel
IMG-20230627-212753-01.jpg

Thursday 29 June
GEM Cutlery Co. New York USA and the GEM Damaskeene Razor from 1915.
Now 4th use GEM blade and still delivering a stunningly smooth shave. The usual 2 passes wtg and atg plus minor pick ups for bbs finish. The shave angle on these beauties is very natural, design perfect. The handle is probably too short for some but in my small mits not a problem. ToBS badger and Wickham 1912, excellent combo. I think I’ve arrived in shave heaven with my GEM hoes and blades! Or I’m easily pleased maybe, either way I’ll enjoy it whilst it lasts.
Try to do the same fellas!

IMG_7949.jpeg

29 June

Wickham 1912 Apricus
Mühle travel brush
Razorock Hawk v3
Schick Proline
Floïd Mentolado Vigoroso

2E1785A8-B34F-445F-BB0E-858AB1B9F71A.jpeg
A rich and plentiful lather was produced with the travel brush and soap in an instant. A smooth and close shave was achieved and the Floïd cooled the face nicely for what seems to be a warm day ahead.

20230627_113937.jpg

My Shave the other day consisted of...
Prep Proraso preshave balm
Brush Yaqi Aqua 24mm.
Soap Old Spice.
Razors Tatara titanium Nodachi cap with OC and the Leaf.
Blade Dorco Prime.
Aftershave Balm Nivea post shave balm.
Aftershave Old Spice.

Sorry this is a late post meant for a couple of days ago but I had a funeral to attend (they were diagnosed in Feb and gone in June) and then a cooker fire at home the day after so life has been let's say busy but all under control and some normality reumed.
Here is my first shave with the Tatara pass around Razor.
I have looked at this a few times to buy but just couldn't bring myself to take the plunge due to pricing and with the chance to try it with all it's plates was a golden opportunity.
My first impression is it's a very high quality razor, so I decided to give it it's first run with the Nodachi cap and open comb but using a low grade shaving cream and my blade that I know how it performs in pretty much any razor.
The reason is because I want to see what the razor is like and without it being carried by the soap etc.
I have to say the shave was right up there, very nice and smooth feeling with a little feedback telling me the angle was right.
I love the handle feel and surprised it was not slippy once it got wet.
I didn't get a BS shave but I put that down to being cautious with the razor as I didn't want to attend a funeral looking like Edward scissor hands had kissed me and the wife did comment that she could see a shadow on my lip, even though it felt smooth.
Still a smooth shave after 4 days growth and it was mowed down easily.
That's enough rambling, I believe this razor will improve leaps and bounds once I get a couple more shaves in.

29/06/23
Pre - Haircut & Shower
Brush - Silver Birch Brushes - Blue Resin 26mm Silvertip
Soap - Stirling Soap co. Lime
Razor - Mühle R41GS
Blade - Bic Astor (Ελ.)
Post - Cold water Rinse
Balm - Barts Balm Lime Balm
A/S - Martin De Candre Limette
Wk 26 (6).jpg
That worked really well. I showered after a haircut and completed a good bit of face prep time softening the stubble.
Once out of the shower i kept the face wet and lathered up, another very good protective lather today. I decided to go straight in ATG, the Razor / Blade combo was actually very smooth today, after a rinse off i only need a bit work XTG on the neck whirlpools and on my cheeks. Done.
I got a little indication from the splash but it was worth it, that was a nice post shave. The Barts Balm Lime (pity its discontinued) and MDC working well together.
Stay safe and enjoy your day all.

Wednesday 28th June

Soap • Stirling Triumph
Brush • Yaqi Moka Express
Razor • Timeless 0.68 SS Scalloped
Blade • Gillette Silver Blue (1)
Post • Stirling Triumph Splash

This Timeless paired with a Silver Blue blade really does shave exceptionally well.
Having lately got into using AC Shavettes, this beauty hasn't had a look in.
It's 0.68 blade gap belies it's ability. It'll take down a weeks growth with ease, and in perfect comfort.

26-06-2023

Proraso, Pelli sensibili :: Yaqi Sputnik, Super Max (# 11) :: Druida Seven Caramel Stripes :: Proraso, Pelli sensibili :: Proraso, Balsamo Dopobarba Pelli Sensibili :: Proraso, Lozione Dopobarba Barbe Dure

1IXNcHF.jpg

28-06-2023

Proraso, Pelli sensibili :: Wolfman WR2 OC 1.45 Copper, Super Max (# ) :: Morris & Forndran, Yellow :: Barrister & Mann, Marilyn :: Institut Karitè :: Floïd, The Genuine

W3gRrgD.jpg

29-06-2023

Proraso, Pelli sensibili :: Blackland Vector Ti, Feather (# ) :: Semogue SOC Cherry Wood, Finest badger :: Saponificio Varesino, Felce aromatica :: Institut Karitè :: Saponificio Varesino, Felce aromatica

OofgKmR.jpg

Salut!

Haven't used many Kai double edge blades as I don't have many and they're generally expensive.
Not that impressed. Sharp enough but could do with being a bit smoother.

Rating: 3.5 / 5

Razor: Gillette Mk. I Adjustable 195 'Fatboy' (1960)
Blade: Kai Stainless
Brush: Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements Amber Aerolite Stygian Synthetic
Lather: Derby Shave stick
Aftershave: Cella Lozione Dopobarba https://shavingbuddies.com/shave/649dd74f7561cd6e4045e660

Back
Top Bottom