SOTD : Saturday 23rd April - Friday 29th April 2022.

SOTD 24-Apr
20220424_081424.jpg
Brush: Chubby 2 Synthetic
Soap: MSC Night On The Town
Razor: Blackland Blackbird
Blade: GSB (2)

Swift no fuss 2 pass shave this morning, nice smooth finish with no irritation.

Hired in a bouncy castle to entertain the little one while we get ourselves set to watch the F1 with the family, Beer and Wine in place with me set to make dinner for the family, fingers crossed it's not too hot for gumbo. Ah well just means more beer if it is!

Hope everyone has a grand day!

Cheers

Marc

E97B704E-919B-4B6E-B760-D5B9B90B81C2.jpeg
SOTD: 24/04/2022

Razor: Across The Tie G1
Blade: Gem Blade, 5th use
Brush: Yaqi Yaqi Green Obsidian Silvertip Silvertip Badger
Bowl: Captains Choice Copper Lather Bowl Standard Bowl
Preshave: PAA Cube Unscented Soap
Soap: Saponificio Varesino 70th Anniversary Special Edition Puck
Aftershave: Issey Miyake L’Eau d’Issey EDT
Balm: Bart’s Balm Sample Balm
Additional Care: Osma Laboratoires Alum Block

I know this ATT G1 is too mild for most but it just works for a lazy Sunday shave for me. Enjoy the day guys.

IMG_0854.jpg

After some experimentation with the Rex Envoy, I felt I should return to my more natural environment at the milder end of the razor world, and selected my Feather ASD2 with a new Feather blade.

The shave was simply so much smoother and effortless in comparison. Three passes and done. No grief, no sliced lips, no weepers and when you get the angle right, the ASD2 is just as efficient as the Envoy.

The soap also played its part, offering a lot of cushion and glide. I probably used too much as I clogged the razor several times but I’m now enjoying some lovely face feel. The brush is beginning to splay and I love how the handle feels and gives you plenty of grip.

Stay safe and enjoy your shaves!

Razor: Feather ASD2
Blade: Feather (1)
Soap: De Vergulde Hand
Brush: Semogue Owners Club
Pre-shave: Bloom water
Post-shave: None
Bowl: Face lather

24 April

SV Felce Aromatica
Mühle Kosmo synthetic
Blackland Vector
Schick Proline P30
SV Felce Aromatica asl

FB3F85F7-AE74-4973-9B7B-B883A2CD36AF.jpeg
The Mühle brush is new and it arrived in a superb ink pen style presentation case. The handle is a beautiful olive wood, but, the brush is as soft and floppy as can be. Initially, this was a huge disappointment, but, in use the brush creates great lather and showed how the small Mühle knot can excel. I’m now very happy with the brush, and the excellent three pass shave that it was a part of. The Vector feels so much better in every way than the aluminium SE1 that I used the other day. I think… I just prefer the feel of steel :).

Razor = Feather AS-D2
Blade = Muster Super Quality ( 1 )
Brush = Alpha 400 Travel
Cream = Nivea Ultra Calming Liquid Shave Cream with matching balm
EDT = Activist By the body shop

4A7D3CC6-A9F1-4A91-B5EE-22DFC14902AB.jpegNot for the purists but i found this Nivea Liquid soap in my local supermarket here in Norway and i said why not let’s give it a go.
I actually had a great relaxing shave with it.
I thought it would be crap but actually i’m glad i got it.
Second time use on the balm but it’s far to runny for my liking.
The soap is plant based and whipped up a wonderful lather.
4 pumps of soap was far to much so i’ll go for two the next time just to compare.
The blades for me are absolutely top drawer.
The best part of my day at the moment is looking forward to my next shave so tomorrow won’t come quick enough
Stay Safe guys & enjoy your sunday

Last edited:
Pre: Shower - Unscented Cube

Soap: DG Champs de Lavande

Brush: Simpson Special

Razor: Nodachi w/ Masamune handle

Blade: Astra SP #3

Post Shave: Alum block - DG Champs de Lavande splash

DE Shave #137

After experimenting with the R6 plates 2-5 (0.69mm blade gap with #5) I was apprehensive about trying the 0.9mm gap and positive blade exposure of the Nodachi head but with the previous results from various Tatara combos I decided to give it a go, I could always abort and use familiar equipment if I got too scared or there was too much blood............

Two small weepers and a strongish indication from the Alum were the only negatives from a fantastic shave.

IMG_0526.JPG

Today's shave with the theme 'A crap free shave'

20220424_133615.jpg

Not crap - Tatara Nodachi (The special blurry edition)
Not crap either - Polsilver Lodz
Rather quite good - Yaqi Dandelion
In fact absolutely superb - Acqua Di Parma Collezione
'Go away you daft bugger'

Class all the way and a lovely way to end a two day fast of not shaving. The verdict is still out whether it was busy on my one week per month at work or pathetically lazy. I'll have some of the latter choice.

Hope all your weekends are going well and have a fantastic week ahead,. And I will always love you all

Crap? Every possibility.

Sunday AM 2022-04-24
National Pigs in a Blanket Day
April 24 - National Pigs in a Blanket Day - used 2022.jpg

Rooney 1/3 Ebony Finest (26/52)
Art of Shaving Rose Absolute shaving cream (vintage)
Paradigm 17-4/UFO Titan Fine
Personna 74 Tungsten (1)
Ginger's Garden Rose Petals aftershave or Pinaud Clubman Lilac Vegetal aftershave

An excellent floral shave on a bright, sunny spring morning. And it's great to get back to using the P74 blade.
SOTD 2022-04-24.JPG

Back
Top Bottom