SOTD : Saturday 23rd April - Friday 29th April 2022.

SOTD : 23rd April 2022.

1.jpg

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/Asda Sea Salt & Fennel Extract 2 in1 Shower Gel.

Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face & head.
Chantry Lavender Goat's Milk Bar Soap.
Brush: APShave Co 24mm Cashmere Synthetic.
Bowl Lather.
Bowl : Home Bargains Stainless Steel Side Bowl.
Lather: Cella Bio Organic Aloe Vera Shaving Cream.
Blade: Feather Hi Stainless. (D1)
Razor: Muhle R41. (2013)

Cold water face & head wash with brush squeezing's, Cold water face &head Rinse./ Homemade (~Spring/Summer mix~) Lemon, Eucalyptus, Tea Tree, Essential Oils.3 Menthol Crystals Mixed Together With 200ml of Care+Witch Hazel./Nivea Men. Nivea Men Replenishing PSB./Avon Wilderness EdT.

(German DE razor week.)

Face & Head Shave.

Greetings,

A new shave set up to start the weekend.

After the comfortable shaves i had in my previous week's with the reacquaintance of the Feather Hi Stainless i intend to carry on for another week paring it up with my German made DE razors to get more acquainted and a true focus on them after my long hiatus of not using them.

Starting with a maiden face & head shave using the very assertive semi-open comb Muhle R41 which is the most assertive razor & blade duo I've used to date ..The verdict? Very smooth & efficient!.. Using the lightest of touch both the razor & blade was a smooth duo slicing through my face & head stubble effortlessly.

An enjoyable close comfortable face & head shave with no errors to report.

Finishing the shave off with a few small near last squirts of the now sadly discontinued Avon Wilderness EdT to the chest & pulse points...This is/was my all time favourite men's EdT fragrance from Avon...Wonderful stuff. :love:

My face & precious swede are feeling silky smooth & smelling divine. ;)

Stay safe, and enjoy your day ladies & gentlemen. :cool:

SOTD 23-Apr
20220423_080251(0).jpg
Brush: Chubby 2 Synthetic
Soap: MSC Black Tie
Razor: Blackland Blackbird
Blade: GSB (1)

All the MSCs obviously have the same performance but the Black Tie is definitely my favourite, followed by Night On The Town and probably a tie with Only The Brave and Pole Position. May have to peruse the others on offer and put in another order at some point.

Nice and smooth, ready for a day out in Stellenbosch for a couple of wine farms, thankfully I'm not designated dave so we'll see what state we're in when we get back!

Hope everyone has a grand day!

Cheers

Marc

Saturday 23rd April
Claymore Evo - Schick Proline P #3 - RazoRock Plissoft - Palmolive - Irisch Moos AS - Aloe Vera Gel
6AZKJkX.jpg

23/04/22
Pre - Pears Transparent original face wash
Brush - Silver Birch Brushes - Cocobolo
Soap - Mitchell's Wool Fat
Razor - Feather SS Scotch wood SCS - RSW (PILS back up)
Blade - Feather Light Blade
Post - Cold water Rinse, TC's infused Witch Hazel
Balm - Tonyschin's Cedarwood and Patchouli Argan Oil and Balm
A/S - Pinaud Brandy Spice
P4230002.JPG

Hmmm:unsure:, Not a very good start to the day!
I have wanted to try the Feather Light Blade in the DX for a while now to try to tame it a little, @7.4mm wide - 0.6 less of the blade is exposed from the head compared to a Pro. I decided to try it in the SS 1st - Big mistake.
To get the blade onto the stubble requires the razor to be at a very open angle and this, i feel, pulls at the hair instead of slicing through it giving the feeling of a prickly, blunt blade, not smooth at all even if it did cut the stubble.
I had the PILS on standby, therefore i abandoned the shavette shave mid 1st pass and finished with the wonderful sub.
I will give the FLB a run out in the DX as the head geometry is much more akin to a straight blade whereas the SS has the rounded head "edge".
Stay safe and enjoy your day all

23/04/2022

Razor: Oneblade Core
Blade: Feather FHS-10 (1)
Brush: Piccadilly Shaving Co
Soap: Wilkinson Sword Stick

20220423_090420.jpg

Travel shave. The weather has turned shite just in time for our arrival. The shower room in the caravan is also incredibly small which made for a cramped shave. It's that small I was in genuine fear of trapping the wee chap (who is a wee chap) in one of the doors in very close proximity.

4B88C78A-58C2-4FC7-97A2-0EEA08335348.jpeg
SOTD: 23/04/2022

Razor: Green Cult Razor
Blade: Astra SP, 2nd use
Brush: Yaqi Freedom Italian Flag 24mm Cashmere
Bowl: Captains Choice Copper Lather Bowl Standard Bowl
Preshave: Proraso Pre-Shave Cream Sensitive Cream
Soap: Signature Soaps Londinium Puck
Aftershave: TOBS No. 7 Lime Aftershave
Balm: Bart's Balm BEN KILBRECK Balm
Additional Care: Osma Laboratoires Alum Block

Another superb shave from the new Green Cult Razor. I wouldn’t normally shave twice one day after the other with a razor that’s so efficient it couldn’t resist another play with the razor. As it was so close yesterday I was BBS in 2 passes, it’s really a great little/long razor, I can’t recommend it enough.
Like a fool I decided to go over a spot under my nose that I always tend to nick again for a pick up. Mistake made, blood flowed, lesson no doubt not learnt! My error completely. Other than that, it was a great weekend lime-fest of a shave!
Enjoy the weekend guys!

Pre: shower
Razor: Gillette Tech
Blade: Big Ben
Cream: Simpson's Sandalwood (face lather)
Brush: Simpson's Trafalgar T2
Stink: Vicktor & Rolf Spice Bomb

1st time out with this Tech and Big Ben. Just about the mildest shave I've had, the blades seem to work ok, but I could hear more scraping. This Tech has a lighter Alu handle, which I actually quite liked.

St George's Day SOTD

Soap • D R Harris Lavender Stick
Brush • Yaqi Chianti 24mm Synthetic
Razor • Rockwell 6C R3
Blade • Gillette Platinum (?)
Post • Arctic Kinesia Aftershave

Four days growth removed in perfect comfort, in the motorhome shower room.
I can't remember how many shaves this blade has been used for, but it was very smooth.

Today is my Wife's birthday, and we are away for a few days

Back
Top Bottom