SOTD : Saturday 23rd April - Friday 29th April 2022.

St George's Day SOTD

Soap • D R Harris Lavender Stick
Brush • Yaqi Chianti 24mm Synthetic
Razor • Rockwell 6C R3
Blade • Gillette Platinum (?)
Post • Arctic Kinesia Aftershave

Four days growth removed in perfect comfort, in the motorhome shower room.
I can't remember how many shaves this blade has been used for, but it was very smooth.

Today is my Wife's birthday, and we are away for a few days

Happy birthday to Mrs L!

Saturday AM 2022-04-23
World English Language Day
LX4BoN2.jpg

Rooney 1/2 Ivory Finest (24/53)
Houbigant Fougère Royale shaving soap (vintage)
Wolfman WR2-SB/WRH3
Wizamet Iridium Super (12)
Houbigant Fougère Royale aftershave (vintage)
TEq0JAN.jpg

23/04/2022

Razor: Oneblade Core
Blade: Feather FHS-10 (1)
Brush: Piccadilly Shaving Co
Soap: Wilkinson Sword Stick

View attachment 87180

Travel shave. The weather has turned shite just in time for our arrival. The shower room in the caravan is also incredibly small which made for a cramped shave. It's that small I was in genuine fear of trapping the wee chap (who is a wee chap) in one of the doors in very close proximity.
I’m fairly sure if your we cheap is that we you’ll be in no danger of trapping it anywhere apart from your y fronts :LOL:

Razor = Karve CB Aluminium ( D )
Blade = Astra Sp ( 3 )
Brush = Simpsons T3
Soap = OSP Urban Viking Sample
Splash = Nivea 2 Phase
Balm = Nivea Ultra Calming Balm
B655AF9E-3604-41C3-A4F6-21B44F100BFD.jpegDecent enough shave but a bit of a non event really.
I enjoyed it enough & it was a decent shave but nothing exciting.
The Balm i found in a local supermarket in Vigra, Norway where i am and i can’t say i was impressed
it was far to thin,
Hopefully it was just the heat of my room that made it that way.
Never Mind off work tomorrow so it’s now movie time.
Stay Safe Boys & Girls & enjoy your weekends

Sotd 23/04
Shave soap: signature soaps condate
Splash: signature soaps condate
Balm: arko unscented
Brush: alpha T-400
Razor: Gillette slim adjustable
Blade: Gillette nacet 1st use
Bowl: captains choice obsidian

Evening folks had a 3 pass shave as usual and about 7 days growth decided to use condate from signature soaps and really nice scent also great lather aswell I packed the slim in my dopp kit and is the perfect choice to take on my travels paired with a packet of nacets its a winner have a great weekend
1st pass setting 7
2nd pass setting 6
3rd pass setting 5

20220423_174618.jpg20220423_180006.jpg20220423_180123.jpg20220423_180249.jpg20220423_180503.jpg

Saturday 23rd April

AM-JKLW6tQfq_Sg91WNKMSnolc0yauNW-yQYiCQPW8Je-Ebql1J79iIAgrQwETAUq54s6jvvZ_RXYEczRkHWKgTl-J1RgWzzJ1Dc34aNTJALHvTbHN2D2UEKrwwIk9z5gJ6WcR1sm5g4RDFc-Za5BGcfJesP8Q=s800

Ganders Goat Soap w/Hop, Sage & Birch
Vitos Supercrema (Classic) Shaving Soap
Razorock 400 Butterscotch w/Plissoft Noir Synthetic 24mm
Yaqi DLC & Muster Dikson Super Quality (Stainless)
Pinaud Clubman Musk Aftershave Cologne

Enjoying another shave with the (largely undiscovered and really very excellent) Muster Dikson Super Quality simple stainless blade. Another 9/10 shave, which is high praise indeed! Splash of Clubman Musk to finish ... I do like me a splash of Clubman!

Hope you're all having a super weekend ...

39F9B937-64A7-4016-8BB9-C31974F30EEA.jpeg
ΑΛΦΑ Outlaw 2-Band | MdC Vetyver
Seygus Zeppelin 0.7/0.5 | Polsilver (2)
W.Hazel/Alöe/Hyaluronic/Vit E
MdC Vetyver EdT
The shave: best surprise I've had in a long time. As an SE shaver, I tend to get interested in an unusual or highly prized DE model and stay interested up till about the end of the first or second shave. I don't know if it's the slim blade, or the clamping mechanism—whatever—DE razors have left me feeling a bit unsatisfied ever since my first AC shave.​
Not so the Seygus...​
The Zeppelin is a solid-feeling, secure piece of kit, hefty at 125g, but balanced, with 45g in the head. Features two firsts for me: differing blade exposure and comb on each side (the 0.5 side is ridged), and a clamping mechanism that 'frowns' the blade.​
This might be what makes a good bit of the difference, because it shaves with a feel something like a heavy SE1, though the pivot is quite different.​
I did five passes, really taking my time after the first North-South pass, and testing out the two contrasting sides. First DE razor in a long time that got me looking out blades to try next. I have a Feather loaded for my Sunday morning indulgence.​
Cheers to @mrasparini - you were right: it is quite a sword...​

Last edited:
2 days work on a beautiful island
23 & Sun 24 SOTD
Soaps Yaqi Hypnotic Blue & Malibu
Brush Yaqi 24mm Atlantis
Razor Yaqi AC SE
Blade Feather ProGuard 3rd & 4th
Aftershaves Stirling Witchhazel Wintergreen + Yaqi Hypnotic Blue & Malibu Splash
Wonderfully nice soaps with a nice scent and rich creamy slick lather...
This razor paired with the blade gives the best shaves...always! Super easy, silky smooth and very efficient. 3passes for a bbs finish on both days!!
The matching aftershave was super...
20220424_123117.jpg20220424_122756.jpg

SOTD : 24th April 2022.

2.jpg

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/Asda Sea Salt & Fennel Extract 2 in1 Shower Gel.

Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face.
Chantry Lavender Goat's Milk Bar Soap.
Brush: Omega 10077.
Face Lather.
Lather: Razorock "What The Puck? !"Lime Burst Shaving soap.
Blade: Feather Hi Stainless. (D2)
Razor: Muhle R89.

Cold water face wash with brush squeezing's, Cold Water Face Rinse./ Homemade (~Spring/Summer mix~) Lemon, Eucalyptus, Tea Tree, Essential Oils.3 Menthol Crystals Mixed Together With 200ml of Care+Witch Hazel./Cien Aqua ASL./Aloe Vera Gel./Milton Lloyd Essentials No9 EdP.

A relaxing Sunday morning shave.

Another excellent smooth performance from the Feather Hi Stainless...My judgement & opinion of them on my second week of focus using them has went from being very undecided about them, to thinking they are an outstandingly smooth efficient blade...

I have mentioned before if i had to have only one DE Razor the Muhle R89 would be a very strong contender...I will always have a soft spot for the Muhle r89 & Merkur 34c as both razors helped me to develop my technique and gain my shaving confidence when i first started out. For that reason alone i will never part with either razor.

An enjoyable 2 pass + pick ups comfortable shave with no errors to report.

Finishing the shave off with a few small squirts of Milton Lloyd Essentials No9 EdP to the chest & pulse points.

My face is feeling smooth & smelling divine. ;)

Stay Safe, and enjoy your Sunday Ladies & Gentlemen. :cool:

24/04/22
Pre - Shower
Brush - Zenith 506 Copper 28mm
Soap - Arran soap Co. Machrie
Razor - ATT Windsor CR1
Blade - 7 'o' Clock SP Black
Post - Cold water Rinse, TC's infused Witch Hazel
Balm - Arran soap Co. Machrie
A/S - Arran soap Co. Machrie
Wk17  (2).JPG

Normal service is resumed on this beautiful Sunday Morning.
I enjoyed that.
Stay safe and enjoy your day all.

Back
Top Bottom