SOTD : Saturday 23 July - Friday 29 July. 2022.

Fri 29 SOTD
Soap The Goodfellas Smile Italian Orange
Brush Yaqi 22mm Ever-Helpful 2 Band Badger
Razor Fatip OC Slant
Blade Shark Super Stainless 2nd
Aftershave TGS Orange Empire Splash
This is a wonderful orangy scented soap and especially the aftershave...lovely! The lather is nicely thick creamy and slick too...whip-up easily with this awesome brush..love it!
Today's choice with this good razor paired with the excellent blade can only mean 1 thing...an outstanding shave!! Very smooth comfortable and efficient in 3passes without any blood issues for a bbs finish...
20220729_130056.jpg

29/07/22
Pre - Sainsbury's Luxury Soap, Bergamot & Nectarine
Brush - Semogue Torga C5 Boar
Soap - Proraso Green Eucalyptus & Menthol
Razor - ATT X1 Slant
Blade - Kai SE Pink Mild
Post - Cold water Rinse, TC's infused Witch Hazel
Balm - Proraso Green
A/S - Proraso Green
Wk 30 (7).JPG
A nice comfortable shave this morning, bags packed and ready for a week in the Lakes.
Just a couple of things to do and then we are off. We are all really looking forward to a bit chill out.
Stay safe and enjoy your day All.

SOTD 29-July
20220712_195906.jpg
Brush: Chubby 2 SiLVERTiP
Soap: B&M Reserve Spice
Razor: CB Karve (E)
Blade: Nacet (1)

Nice shave this morning, still can't put my finger on the difference between this and old spice, it seems there's a slight modern twist on it but the basic smell seems to be similar. Doesn't really matter to be fair as I'll use them both either which way.

Smooth and smelling good, roll on the weekend!

Hope everyone has a grand day!

Cheers

Marc

29/07/22
Pre - Sainsbury's Luxury Soap, Bergamot & Nectarine
Brush - Semogue Torga C5 Boar
Soap - Proraso Green Eucalyptus & Menthol
Razor - ATT X1 Slant
Blade - Kai SE Pink Mild
Post - Cold water Rinse, TC's infused Witch Hazel
Balm - Proraso Green
A/S - Proraso Green
View attachment 91261
A nice comfortable shave this morning, bags packed and ready for a week in the Lakes.
Just a couple of things to do and then we are off. We are all really looking forward to a bit chill out.
Stay safe and enjoy your day All.
Wishing you safe and happy travels, Tony.
Don't over-do the Kendal Mint Cake!

I have told you before, you are my shaving hero. But now you have just moved to Godlike status and I am going to build a shrine to your good self.
I authorise the commission piece to you, on the condition that it be created out of Palmolive Classic Shave sticks after my all time favourite shaving soap. ;)

Last edited:
Prep: Face wash with Simple face wash
Pre: None
Razor: Rockwell 6S (6)
Blade: Gillette Yellow (1)
Brush: Alpha Outlaw
S Soap: Lea shaving stick

Felt like needed a challenge and thought to go all the way up to plate 6. To my pleasant surprise it wasn't an aggressive shave at all. I use mainly plate 3 or 4 which I find very comfortable and efficient. I assumed (wrongly) that going up to 6 will result in irritation because being too aggressive. Not the case! Yes you need to be paying attention but the Rockwell on 6 is a very tameable beast.

If you are an 6S or C owner I would strongly recommend giving plate 6 a try. (of course do not hold me accountable for any mishaps as result of following my advice ;) )

Lea set stands proof that I spend money on all these artisan soaps because of other reasons than performance.

View attachment 91240
Your comments re Soaps are very true. If I want a guaranteed Shave I always settle for MWF, Vitos, Cyril Salter.
Think our Grandfathers would curl up if they saw the sums of money spent on Soaps/ Scents,
Better not mention Razors

Friday 29th July

Boti Boar - Hampshire Wool Fat #2 - GEM MM Clog Pruf/Personna GEM SS - Geoffrey Beene Bowling Green EDT

Well the big day has arrived! Come 10pm it is going to feel very strange. On my own....Power off the equipment, switch off the lights and lock the door behind me....never to return.

The shave was excellent. 3 passes for a perfect result :)

Friday 29th July

Boti Boar - Hampshire Wool Fat #2 - GEM MM Clog Pruf/Personna GEM SS - Geoffrey Beene Bowling Green EDT

Well the big day has arrived! Come 10pm it is going to feel very strange. On my own....Power off the equipment, switch off the lights and lock the door behind me....never to return.

Enjoy your well earned retirement, Brian.
I've often heard of people saying after retiring that they wondered how they found the time to go to work!

Friday 29th July

Congratulations !!

Friday 29th July

The shave was excellent. 3 passes for a perfect result :)e
Friday 29th July

All the very best

Back
Top Bottom