SOTD : Saturday 23 July - Friday 29 July. 2022.

SOTD: 29/07/2022

Razor: Rockwell 6s #3
Blade: Gillette Nacet, 5th use
Brush: Simpsons Trafalgar
Bowl: Simpsons Travel Bowl
Preshave: Proraso Refreshing Pre Shave Cream
Soap: Lea Menthol Shaving Cream
Aftershave: Fine Snake Bite Aftershave
Balm: Proraso Green Balm
Additional Care: Shave Tunes Courtesy Of The Rat Pack
Additional Care: Wife Sniff Test = Er, You Are Not Going To Wear That Out In Public Are You?

Menthol shave today and the Snakebite was colder than a penguins flip flop.

Off to the Trafford Centre to do some shopping, no doubt will land up at the smelly counter of a big department store so I didn't want anything with an overpowering smell on me before I begin. (Can't see anything being better than my all time number one scent - Southern Witchcrafts Desairology though).

The Nacet was on shave 5 and was retired, it had more in it but I have others to try.

430177A0-8157-4C0E-8377-27D4BB6B04F2.jpeg

Friday 29th July

Boti Boar - Hampshire Wool Fat #2 - GEM MM Clog Pruf/Personna GEM SS - Geoffrey Beene Bowling Green EDT

Well the big day has arrived! Come 10pm it is going to feel very strange. On my own....Power off the equipment, switch off the lights and lock the door behind me....never to return.

The shave was excellent. 3 passes for a perfect result :)
Enjoy, but it will feel very odd. I had the same feeling when I left the army. Now I’m looking forward to my next retirement in about 10 years.

Friday 29th July

Boti Boar - Hampshire Wool Fat #2 - GEM MM Clog Pruf/Personna GEM SS - Geoffrey Beene Bowling Green EDT

Well the big day has arrived! Come 10pm it is going to feel very strange. On my own....Power off the equipment, switch off the lights and lock the door behind me....never to return.

You've done your bit Brian...'You have worked to live, not lived to work!' Enjoy the start of your retirement mate... Yours-Barry. (y)

Friday 29th July

Happy retirement

Friday 29th July

Congratulations Brian, you are well overdue a long stretch of R&R, enjoy it. :)

Paul.

D1AD21BA-1CF2-4AFA-9E53-501080BAC457.jpeg
SOTD: 29/07/2022

Razor: Yaqi Excalibur
Blade: Feather Pro, 1st use
Brush: Knothead Brush Works 26mm AP Shave Co. Synbad
Bowl: Captains Choice Copper Lather Bowl Standard Bowl
Preshave: Bart’s Balm Preshave Sample Oil
Soap: Seaforth! Sea Spiced Lime Puck
Aftershave: Seaforth! Sea Spiced Lime EDT
Balm: Seaforth! Spice Lime Aftershave Toner Lotion
Additional Care: Osma Laboratoires Alum Block

Swapped the ATT G1 out early for a good close shave as my wife has won tickets to a Private screening of a new kids film DC’s Superpets. All I know is we get to go to London for the day at Warner Studio’s cinema screening and the kids are flying already without the aide of Krypto or Superman!
Love the Seaforth Spiced Lime and the fact it’ll last all day is a necessary plus with being down in the tube and on trains all day!

29 July

Geo F Trumper Eucris
Blackland Signature
Blackland Blackbird
Treet Platinum
Geo F Trumper Eucris Skin Food

33C357B9-5EDB-436F-88F2-2EFEDC6C7313.jpeg
The Treet blade worked much better in the Blackbird. This morning it took just two passes for a close and very comfortable shave. The Trumper’s cream is certainly excellent.

Friday 29th July

Congratulations Brian and enjoy your well earned retirement!

Friday 29th July

Happy Retirement

Your comments re Soaps are very true. If I want a guaranteed Shave I always settle for MWF, Vitos, Cyril Salter.
Think our Grandfathers would curl up if they saw the sums of money spent on Soaps/ Scents,
Better not mention Razors
They would claw their way out and slap us up side our heads! Well, not mine, I'm a cheap bastage, grandpappy C would approve. :cool:

Friday 29th July

Enjoy the retirement!

Friday 29th July

you will wonder how you made time to go to work.Enjoy the Retirement.

Back
Top Bottom