SOTD : Saturday 23 July - Friday 29 July. 2022.

Fri 29th July

The Grosvenor - 404mixed
Vitos Super Red
Yaqi Raster V2
Feather Proguard ( 5 )
GB Grey Flannel A/S Lotion

Am finding that The V2 is not as good as The V1, as it does not clear the Upper/Lower lip areas as well. Very impressed with Soap/ Brush choice, as an abundant creamy lather was produced with just a few swirls of the brush.

05ED5B72-955F-4033-AAD7-1DBCE683BCAF.jpeg

Last night's frolicking with a razor and a frolickingly themed, 'Roses are.....'

20220728_210623.jpg

A every rose has a thorn - Stainless Mongoose
The thorn - Feather Super Professional
Rose Bush - Shaving brush - Cadman 24mm Tuxedo
Tin of roses - MDC Rose
Rose scented - Guerlain Homme

'Show us your bush Rose! Oh'

Roses are red
Violets ar......
except MDc of course because it's white and comes in a jar with a pink label
So that one is dispelled. Bugger
Nuff said

Theory busting aside, one wonderful shave to end this week of SOTD's on from the house of Satanfriendly. How could anything ever go wrong with this bunch? It didn't and happy bunnies by the bucket full.

Have most lovely wweekends you bunch of merry people. And I'd send you all a bouquet of roses just to say, 'I love you all'. And I do

And another way to say by giving you the Ecbow

Friday 29th July

Boti Boar - Hampshire Wool Fat #2 - GEM MM Clog Pruf/Personna GEM SS - Geoffrey Beene Bowling Green EDT

Well the big day has arrived! Come 10pm it is going to feel very strange. On my own....Power off the equipment, switch off the lights and lock the door behind me....never to return.

The shave was excellent. 3 passes for a perfect result :)

And a most happy of retirements to you Brian. All that time to hand and shave even more.

Enjoy immensely. You deserve it

RazoRock GC .68
B&M Passiflora
soap (sample)
Gillette Super Thin Stainless (Thailand shave #3 or #4....?)
RazoRock Hive 34mm Mokasoft synth
Vintage Shulton Blue Stratos AS (one dose left in OEM sample bottle) :cry:

Superb DFS!! Shulton Blue Stratos is not a very strong scent, at least in the AS, but boy was it a winner!! We cannot get the newest reformulated version here in the USA as it's only peddled overseas. Is the modern reform. any good? :unsure:

Evening all,

Prep, hot flannel and Proraso Green
Brush, Yaqi
Razor, Karve with newly acquired E plate
Blade, Supermax Diamond Edge (1st Use)
Soap / Cream, OSP Neroli
Post, OSP Neroli

An absolutely effortless shave with the Karve E plate. A few days growth gone with ease. Zero irritation, nicks / weepers / cuts etc. I had the C plate which didn't give me any issues either but its been a while since i used that. I'll try the G plate to see what i think of that as well in the next few days. It may well be that one is more preferable than the other for daily use but we will see.

Very very happy with the results, I was initially sorry to return the Rex Ambassador to her lair. But her turn will come again and with results like this with the Karve i don't think i'll be reaching for her anytime soon while i enjoy this one again.

Best,

Ben

Friday AM 2022-07-29
The first International Boxing title fight was held on this date in 1751, Harlston, England
NJ7xdYJ.jpg

Rooney Polo 2 Faux Ivory Finest (28/60)
Penhaligon's Racquets Formula shaving cream (vintage)
Carbon Adamas
Personna 74 Tungsten (1)
Penhaligon's Racquets Formula aftershave (vintage)

First use of the cream. I needed to use quite a lot of it, especially since the brush is such a lather hog. But the lather was rich and slick and smelled great, and the post-shave feel was wonderful.
B8rInGC.jpg

Razor = Feather AS-D2
Blade = Muster Teflon Coated
Brush = Alpha 400 Travel
Soap = Hibernia By Signature with matching splash
Balm = Barts Balm Ben Macdui Lotion
99EF940A-4411-4930-A1E5-9EA407641266.jpegWell Lads it’s the start of the football season in Scotland tomorrow & the mighty Hibernian are playing so it was only fair i used a soap named after this mighty club,

well it wasn’t really but it sounds good lol.
A wonderful 3 pass shave as always but i genuinely think this soap is special & not just in name.
The scent for me is out of this world,
The Lemongrass & citrus fruits are in abundance just the way i like it.
Also these lotions from Barts are class & i actually nearly forgot i had them, a little oil goes a very long way.
Again the Muster blade i can’t fault but one me definitely one more shave and it’s done.
Anyway Boys 0-3 to the Hibees tomorrow
Stay Safe

Shulton Blue Stratos is not a very strong scent, at least in the AS, but boy was it a winner!! We cannot get the newest reformulated version here in the USA as it's only peddled overseas. Is the modern reform. any good? :unsure:

It's lovely! Grapefruit citrus, light herbals, some patchouli and a just detectable hint of pine. Compared to vintage it's fresher and somehow darker. Vintage has a lavender tang, orange florals and moss.

Friday 29th July

AM-JKLWiShrlbxX-RwTt-JPDhpcblwC-Yrgo3tX8Uwhk7aEJT95SOGezbAvHnvkGgm_hi77aSFzhpSV_Q7k_qHwYM4OcsB1w2lEyNbG5lse3s6r28LJFip7HejN-jpP6vWX3rrJ0zqaAK-tdJIfo8Wl-g3VhMg=s800

Ganders Goat Soap w/Hop, Sage & Birch
Cella Crema da Barba Shaving Croap
Yaqi Mokasoft w/Synbad Synthetic 24mm
Gillette Fusion Flexball Limited Edition & Gillette Fusion ProGlide Cartridge (5)
Novaya Zarya Russian Forest (as Aftershave)

... bringing to a close, a week with this setup.

At the beginning of the week, I said that I wasn't actually sure whether I liked Cella as it only gets used once in a blue moon, but used straight for a week would no doubt give me a much better impression. Yes. It's okay. That said, there are any number of (Italian) soaps that I'd reach for long before Cella and so it'll likely sit in my repertoire as an occasional use.

To me, it's 3P at the top by just a whisker over Vitos Supercrema. TFS Traditional, then Cella.

... of the "classics".

Friday 29th July

Boti Boar - Hampshire Wool Fat #2 - GEM MM Clog Pruf/Personna GEM SS - Geoffrey Beene Bowling Green EDT

Well the big day has arrived! Come 10pm it is going to feel very strange. On my own....Power off the equipment, switch off the lights and lock the door behind me....never to return.

The shave was excellent. 3 passes for a perfect result :)
Congratulations ! Enjoy your retirement.

Back
Top Bottom