SOTD : Saturday 23 July - Friday 29 July. 2022.

SOTD : 23rd July 2022.

j7.jpg

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/Asda Tingly Mint & Tea Tree Shower Gel.

Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face & head.
Pears Transparent Bar Soap.
Brush: Anbbas 24mm Tuxedo synthetic.
Bowl Lather.
Bowl : Home Bargains Stainless Steel Side Bowl.
Lather :Geo F. Trumper Violet Shaving Cream.
Blade: Personna PTFE SS. (D4.)
Razor: Ever-Ready 1912. (US)

Cold water face & head wash with brush squeezing's, Cold Water Face & Head Rinse./ Homemade (~Spring/Summer mix~) Lemon, Eucalyptus, Tea Tree, Essential Oils.3 Menthol Crystals Mixed Together With 200ml of Care+Witch Hazel./Blue Stratos ASL./Nivea Men Fresh Moisturising Gel./ blue Stratos EdT.

(Face & Head Shave.)

Greetings,

A new shave set up to start the weekend.....Whilst i was picking out items for my SOTD set ups for this week on yesterday i decided to have an annual ruthless den clean discarding various near-used/gone off no longer have any use for shaving assortments, which made me feel better and jogged my scatter-brained memory to start using stuff i haven't gave much attention for a considerable amount of time.

It's been a while since i last used the GFT Violet shaving cream which was kindly gifted to me by Chris, aka @Boycie83 along with a tub of Edwin Jagger Lime &Pomegranate shaving cream, and some Van Der Hagen Glycerine Mango Luxury Shaving Soap, of which I'll add to my soap rotation in future shaves.

The Ever-Ready 1912. (US) was my introduction to vintage SE razors kindly gifted to me by Pat, aka @Pat-W
which I' am forever grateful for...'The kindness of strangers is a wonderful thing!'

The solid design of these razors & the thickness of the Gem PTFE blade give them great rigidity keeping blade chatter under control which is wonderful. Adding to that, it's so easy to insert & remove a blade.

Finishing to the shave off with a few small squirts of blue Stratos EdT to the pulse points.

My face & precious swede are feeling silky smooth & smelling divine. ;)

Stay safe, and enjoy the start of the weekend ladies & gentlemen. :cool:

Last edited:
23/07/22
Pre - Sainsbury's Luxury Soap, Bergamot & Nectarine
Brush - Semogue SOC TAJ Boar
Soap - Proraso Green Eucalyptus & Menthol
Razor - Pall Mall / ATT Windsor CR1
Blade - GEM / Rapira Platinum LUX
Post - Cold water Rinse, TC's infused Witch Hazel
Balm - Proraso Green
A/S - Proraso Green
Wk 30 (1a).JPG
I did enjoy that, I loaded a "Used" GEM into the Vintage Wilkinson Pall Mall for this mornings maiden test run, it had around 9 Shaves on it, some single pass some Multi-pass shaves.
I set the Roller Bar around midway to try to get a feel for it and had the CR1 on hand "just in case".
I know i don't like the clean up from Proraso soaps, however, you cannot knock the lather they produce, a nice face lather with the SOC TAJ producing a really nice covering ready for the task ahead.
So starting off using a similar angle as i would with any Vintage GEM and slowly dropping the handle until i heard the blade cutting and away i went, i checked after a couple of strokes of what seemed a very mild shaver, this thing is efficient, so far, smooth and comfortable.
I dialled back the Roller bar a bit more and carried on to complete the first pass, still feeling very smooth and no real change in either feel or Audio-feedback.
After a quick check of the 1st pass i could have stopped there, a very acceptable shave, i did not want to push my luck so completed a pick up pass with the CR1, mainly on my trouble spots as i am out with Mrs TC today so need to be clean shaved . After a quick rinse i checked with the Alum stone and got very little indication from a really close finish, i am sure i will get better results once i have used the razor a bit more.
To be honest it feels great in the hand and right up my street.
A very happy shaver today.
Stay safe and enjoy your day All.

Last edited:
2717AA5F-4F45-4CA7-9FA9-A91D21FB963B.jpeg
SOTD: 23/07/2022

Razor: Yaqi The Final Cut
Blade: Astra SP, 2nd use
Brush: Shedeleven Spalted Scottish Hawthorn AP Shave Co G5C 26mm Fan
Bowl: Captains Choice Copper Lather Bowl Standard Bowl
Preshave: PAA Cube Unscented Soap
Soap: PAA Garden of Bali Puck
Aftershave: PAA Garden of Bali Aftershave
Balm: L’Oréal All In 1 Moisturising Cream Balm
Additional Care: Osma Laboratoires Alum Block

I thought I’d dive straight into my new set from PAA today, it’s just the standard not the CK6 base, but this seems to have changed and improved from the old tub of High Jump I have. It seems a thicker and creamer, but as with all the PAA bases is incredibly easy to lather. The scent cut and pasted from their site, Flighty top notes of lime, lemon, grapefruit, orange, orange blossom and sea salt. Middle notes of ambergris, seaweed and ozone. Base notes of amber, moss, benzoin, Cedar and bamboo. I’ve got a slight cold and am not great describing scents at the best of times but this isn’t what I expected from the description. I expected a citrus and marine heavy scent but to my untrained nose I only get a hint of citrus, mainly grapefruit, something floral possibly the orange blossom, the ozone and seaweed all combine to produce something akin to a lemongrass and almost carnation scent, (I haven’t smelt carnations in years I’d point out though!) none of this is unpleasant, just not what I expected. It’s a lovely fresh spring/summer scent which will definitely stay in the den for now, I’m just not sure it’s completely a winner for me. It’s always good to try something new and I wanted to try an original scent rather than a dupe, it’s just funny how despite all the scents being my usual favourites this isn’t quite the instant win for me.
The Final Cut was amazing on setting 4, it mowed down my stubble with ease, I dropped to 2 on the second pass and back up to 3 on my final pass, with a glass like finish. It’s safe to say I’ve found an adjustable I get on with can use on multiple settings and so may now have to reevaluate my opinion of the brass version being too expensive! If they did a matte version I could use it everyday happily.
Anyway this SOTD has turned into a bit of a review. Enjoy the weekend guys I’m off to see Richard Ashcroft, Supergrass and Sleeper at Splendour so reliving the 90’s and Britpop of my youth.

SOTD: 23/07/2022

Razor: Fatip Lo Storto Open Comb Slant
Blade: Gillette Silver Blue, 2nd use
Brush: Yaqi Lucky Dice Tuxedo
Bowl: Simpsons Travel Bowl
Preshave: Proraso Refreshing Pre Shave Cream
Soap: Tcheon Fung Sing Mattino Croap
Aftershave: Polo Green Intense Cologne
Balm: Proraso Green Balm
Additional Care: Shave Tunes Courtesy Of An Italian Opera Playlist

It's the weekend so time for a bit of razor and soap rotation from my weekday daily drivers. Razor is a bit more aggressive than I would normally use but it's only once per week. A couple of small weepers in the usual places that I get with more aggressive razors. With the Italian razor, soap, balm etc it can only mean an opera playlist.

CBDDFF0F-57F8-4088-96FC-9468A02689A1.jpeg

K1j4yqh.png

Satudray 07.23.22
Pre: Hot washcloth & bloom water
Razor: Blackland Blackbird SB Polished Stainless Steei
Blade: Personna Platinum
Brush: Elite Razor Fire and Ice 24mm Manchurian White Fan
Soap: Barrister and Mann Nordost Omnibus Base LE Shaving Soap

Sat 23 SOTD
Soap Van Yulay Puros La Habana
Brush BOTI 26mm Fan Silvertip
Razor Wade & Butcher 13/16 Wedge
Aftershave RazoRock Puros
An aromatic cigarish scented soap...love it. Good match with the aftershave...The lather is acceptable...
Today, I reached my 200 SR shaves with this excellent hunk of an antique razor. Gentle, smooth, and very comfortable to shave with. 3passes for a ccs-sas finish without any issues...
20220723_125423.jpg

IMG_20220723_095734_7.jpg
SOTD 23 July 2022

Pre shave - warm shower with Mysore Sandalwood soap
Razor Feather Artist
Club DX
Blade - Feather Pro
Soap - Geo F.Trumper Sandalwood cream
Brush - C&H Silvertip
Post - G.F.T Sandalwood Skin Food
Frag - Indian Sandalwood - Dunhill

Another great shave from the DX, I think I've been using this razor for two weeks now and I feel fully confident with it and have been getting some really great shaves.
The whole bathroom was smelling of sandalwood and now so am I :)
The G.F.T cream is very good Indeed, slick silky lather with a fantastic scent.
The Indian Sandalwood frag from Dunhill is a winner also! :)

Have a great weekend chaps

Paul.IMG_20220721_155514_9.jpg

Last edited:
Pre = Truefit & Hill Pre Shave Oil
Razor = Karve CB ( D )
Blade = Gillette Rubie ( 2 )
Brush = Yaqi Rainbow
Soap = GFT By Geo F Trumper with matching Cologne
Balm = ES Fragrance Free
4AF91672-54BB-40C2-B757-8B5E11E4E0BA.png
Another Sample Shave & it has to be said another cracker.
The pre shave is well how do you say pre shave and i think they are all much of a muchness.
I very very much doubt i would ever buy theirs although saying that perhaps if i treated myself to a weekend in London i would probably get some, well you need to spend don’t we lol.
Having said that Barts Balm pre shaves are very good.
Again the soap was top drawer performance wise with this one having a hind of citrus.
I’m unsure whether i would get this one as the scent strength was a little weak for me, again thought that’s just me and probably the balance is ideal. Fussy bugger i know.
It was a cracking shave but i have to say the second use of the Rubie will be the last,
i did start feeling it a little bit tuggy, enough to put me off a third use.
Never Mind Roll On Tomorrow
Enjoy your weekend Boys & Girls
Stay Safe

Saturday

Nothing much else to do seeing as I am struggling to connect to the work systems from the hotel.

Took my time this morning. I tried out the equinox sample which was pleasant & provided a good lather for my shave, but didn't blow me away! Of the 3 X samples I brought out, I would say the Razor Emporium citrus is the better of the 3, but the Razorock Blue Barbershop tops all of the samples I brought.

Tech and Nacet, need I say more?

Have a good weekend all

SOTD 23-July
20220722_155636.jpg
Brush: Chubby 2 SiLVERTiP
Soap: Cerberus Fougere
Razor: WR2 1.25
Blade: GSB (1)

Nice early morning shave, smooth and irritation free. Though it was disturbed a tad by an over excitable toddler (no not me), it was still relatively relaxing one.

Had to be a fairly quick one mind as the Mrs was putting me to work immediately tidying the garage and throwing, my admittedly obscene number of shaving related cardboard boxes, away. To add a slight measure of embarrassment my delivery of 1960ish old spice mug and soap arrived right in the middle of the tidy...oops.

Now after all that I'm sweating like a vicar in a house of ill repute, time to chill for a minute before heading to the tip then off to pick up storage boxes to stash away my den to free up the spare room...damn visitors!

Hope everyone has a cracking day!

Cheers

Marc

Back
Top Bottom