SOTD : Saturday 23 July - Friday 29 July. 2022.

Saturday AM 2022-07-23
Birthdate in 1888 of author Raymond Chandler
xDHkK7a.jpg

Rooney 2/1 Faux Ivory Finest (22/56)
Penhaligon's Castile shaving cream (vintage)
Wolfman WR2-SB/UFO Common Bar Prototype
Wilkinson Light Brigade (8)
Penhaligon's Castile aftershave (vintage)

After a few days of travel shaves, it's great to get back to my regular gear. Castile is one of my favorite Penhaligon's scents, and the cream makes wonderful lather. The UFO handle has excellent grip; I don't think anyone has made handles with better hand feel.
Sm8QbQf.jpg

Saturday 23rd July

AM-JKLWiMmotqsEFKc4SeDDUXmmF1a9DCddwBHJBcKQTak3cRJgi89vdLGs-3LO5IOGdiE7ExETcxFytyUXknd-ByWkZ4B8UNgFKK2qLBlVCmfr8KH-iaOZ_fkFtxfvqgcfKOFeWBgpecemYo0lX-Pz62qspcw=s800

Ganders Goat Soap w/Hop, Sage & Birch
Shibden Woods Shaving Soap
HJM Professional w/G5B Synthetic 24mm
Wilkinson Sword Sticky & Wilkinson Sword (Vintage) Stainless Steel
Coty Musk Aftershave

What a delight!

Commencing a succession of shaves (probably every weekend) running through a good range of vintage Wilkinson Sword blades very generously sent to me by @Mike Smart ... starting with one from a pack with a white card and black/gold diagonal ribbon.

Immediately smooth ...

Seriously smooth, like Personna Platinum Chrome kinda smooth. No, more so! Like SuperMax/Zorrik Titanium "Feel the Power ..." kinda smooth, as if there was simply no blade in the razor! The very first stroke on the second side has just a slight perceptivity (if that's a word) but after a single stroke, it was gone.

Like the SuperMax/Zorrik Titanium, that smoothness comes at the cost of sharpness. That is fine for multi-pass shavers and when I reviewed the SuperMax offerings, I made that assertion. So smooth, you could shave with this blade all day! I needed two passes to get to what I usually get from a single pass with my preference of modern blade, but no drama. This is, afterall, an experience and I was glad to enjoy a prolonged shave.

Splash of Coty Musk after, the splash which Jovan Musk really should be. Champion!

Smoothness 10+
Sharpness 6

... very much looking forward to another shave tomorrow. Very much looking forward to trying out the rest of Mike's generous gift. Cheers mate! Certainly a roaring success from the off.

AM-JKLXd4V_ivQjPllQ483XYp0OE5Ez1iN2_mmFy31PIxK_4Z1k4kIc6X35g1fBnq71XbuH8aXE_y4MJW7PMYyXzGKYHrq8bXHAgy0i5SYOgH-mNyHYIEFsa4_GaKoeZvD1awcrWRYmvXAQX7Oq_QjaHyDCXsA=w300

Last edited:
For this evening and this evening only, the theme for my shave is, 'The truth is out'

20220722_191045.jpg

True colours - Razorock Hawk V3
True lies - Schick Proline
True love - Razorock 400
True blue - Murdock's cream
True believer - Pure moisturiser
True to form - Eau Sauvage

'A bloody fake'

On our wipe board at home we have the imortal words, 'I love nanny. I love grandad. Granddad is rubbish'. So curiosity asked the two granddaughters, 'Why is granddad rubbish?'

A paused silenced. Then the youngest, Zuzu chirps up....

'It's because......you have a rubber bum'

So there you have it. The truth is out there. I have a rubber bum.

God bless them. The little pair of shits

But what about the shave you boring old fart?

Super in every respect. I only have access to the Hawk when I am over Yorkshire way and always one to look forward to. It may not be a razor of beauty, it may not be the height of manufacturing excellence. But what it is, is one superb piece of razormanship which always delivers a smooth and secure shave with uptmost ease and results.

With a bed of Murdock's to play in to there was only ever going to be one end story. Perfection in every way amd big grin value.

A rub of the Pure moisturiser and a whiff of Sauvage and the world makes sense.

Happy bunnies prevail

And since happiness prevails I will end on a bunch of happy Japanese girls..... Yes, you've heard this one how many times before, but you can never have enough of a good thing.

And as my wife found out, she is still searching for the good thing in me. So she has enough of a bad thing as well.

GVyEZsS.jpg

Prep: Country Life Tallow/Lanolin/Glycerin Soap, Myrsol Emulsion
Brush: H.L. Thäter 3-band Silvertip Badger
Soap: Moon Soaps Old School
Razor: Muhle Rocca R95
Blade: Vintage NOS Personna Super Platinum Chrome (1)
Post: Thayers Cucumber Witch Hazel, Nelum Sandalwood Aftershave Lotion
Scent: Geo. F. Trumper Sandalwood Cologne

Saturday 23rd July

AM-JKLWiMmotqsEFKc4SeDDUXmmF1a9DCddwBHJBcKQTak3cRJgi89vdLGs-3LO5IOGdiE7ExETcxFytyUXknd-ByWkZ4B8UNgFKK2qLBlVCmfr8KH-iaOZ_fkFtxfvqgcfKOFeWBgpecemYo0lX-Pz62qspcw=s800

Ganders Goat Soap w/Hop, Sage & Birch
Shibden Woods Shaving Soap
HJM Professional w/G5B Synthetic 24mm
Wilkinson Sword Sticky & Wilkinson Sword (Vintage) Stainless Steel
Coty Musk Aftershave

What a delight!

Commencing a succession of shaves (probably every weekend) running through a good range of vintage Wilkinson Sword blades very generously sent to me by @Mike Smart ... starting with one from a pack with a white card and black/gold diagonal ribbon.

Immediately smooth ...

Seriously smooth, like Personna Platinum Chrome kinda smooth. No, more so! Like SuperMax/Zorrik Titanium "Feel the Power ..." kinda smooth, as if there was simply no blade in the razor! The very first stroke on the second side has just a slight perceptivity (if that's a word) but after a single stroke, it was gone.

Like the SuperMax/Zorrik Titanium, that smoothness comes at the cost of sharpness. That is fine for multi-pass shavers and when I reviewed the SuperMax offerings, I made that assertion. So smooth, you could shave with this blade all day! I needed two passes to get to what I usually get from a single pass with my preference of modern blade, but no drama. This is, afterall, an experience and I was glad to enjoy a prolonged shave.

Splash of Coty Musk after, the splash which Jovan Musk really should be. Champion!

Smoothness 10+
Sharpness 6

... very much looking forward to another shave tomorrow. Very much looking forward to trying out the rest of Mike's generous gift. Cheers mate! Certainly a roaring success from the off.

AM-JKLXd4V_ivQjPllQ483XYp0OE5Ez1iN2_mmFy31PIxK_4Z1k4kIc6X35g1fBnq71XbuH8aXE_y4MJW7PMYyXzGKYHrq8bXHAgy0i5SYOgH-mNyHYIEFsa4_GaKoeZvD1awcrWRYmvXAQX7Oq_QjaHyDCXsA=w300
Glad You liked them. i know there’s some people that done rate vintage but i’ll try anything twice lol
Glad you enjoyed
PM Incoming

DlTnlpt.png

Sunday 07.24.22
Pre: Hot washcloth & bloom water
Razor: Stando SE Brass Limited Edition
Blade: Schick Proline
Brush: AP Shave Co. 24mm Synbad Fan Synthetic
Soap: ‌Declaration Grooming Fake Yellow Light Shave Soap
Post: Declaration Grooming Fake Yellow Light Aftershave Splash

SOTD : 24th July 2022.

j8.jpg

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/Asda Tingly Mint & Tea Tree Shower Gel.

Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face.
Pears Transparent Bar Soap.
Brush: Anbbas 24mm Tuxedo synthetic.
Bowl Lather.
Bowl : Home Bargains Stainless Steel Side Bowl.
Lather : Boots Cool Cologne Lather Shave Cream.
Blade: Personna PTFE SS. (D2.)
Razor: Parker InjRzr. (Settings) 3-wtg. 4-xtg/atg.+pick ups

Cold water face wash with brush squeezing's, Cold Water Face Rinse./ Homemade (~Spring/Summer mix~) Lemon, Eucalyptus, Tea Tree, Essential Oils.3 Menthol Crystals Mixed Together With 200ml of Care+Witch Hazel./Cien Aqua ASL + Sensitive ASB.

Greetings,

A relaxing Sunday morning shave.

After the den cleanout i was left with the unopened Boots Cool Cologne Lather Shave Cream, which along with Palmolive classic was one of the first shave creams i purchased when i introduced myself to traditional wet shaving.

I can't remember the i last time i added it to my soap/cream rotation, and forgot how it produces a good protective slick lather, with a nice clean fragrance...However, it's not quite as good has the Palmolive Classic cream, but still a good in-expensive shave cream, which i have totally under appreciated, like a few other shaving assortment i now have left in my humble shaving den.

Another close comfortable shave with the Parker InjRzr isn't the most assertive of my injector razors, but it always provides a comfortable close shave. Today was no exception.

Finishing the shave off with a few small dollops of Cien Sensitive ASB.

My face is feeling smooth and smelling divine. ;)

Stay safe, and enjoy your Sunday ladies & gentlemen. :cool:

Sun 24 SOTD
Soap Stirling Ozark Mountain
Brush Yaqi 22mm Joy Butterscotch Boar
Razor Gillette New LC
Blade JAWS Platinum 1st
Aftershave Reuzel Wood & Spice
One of my favourite Stirling scent! The lather is as awesome as well...the aftershave matches well too..
The vintage razor paired with this excellent blade provided a fantastic shave today! Easy, smooth and a crisp edge results in a dolphin smooth finish without any issues...20220724_132137.jpg

24/07/22
Pre - Sainsbury's Luxury Soap, Bergamot & Nectarine
Brush - Semogue Torga C5 Boar
Soap - Proraso Green Eucalyptus & Menthol
Razor - ES Claymore V1on the IKON Bulldog handle
Blade - Kai SE Pink Mild
Post - Cold water Rinse, TC's infused Witch Hazel
Balm - Proraso Green
A/S - Proraso Green
Wk 30 (2).JPG
Stay safe and enjoy your day all

Last edited: