SOTD : Saturday 23 July - Friday 29 July. 2022.

Sunday 24th July
GEM Damaskeene - GEM Stainless Coated #3 - Signature Soaps Novus Spice - Yaqi Robin - Irish Moos AS - Aloe Vera Gel
NJQNQzN.jpg

SOTD: 24/07/2022

Razor: 1940's GEM G Bar
Blade: Gem By Personna SS, 1st use
Brush: Yaqi Lucky Dice Tuxedo
Bowl: Simpsons Travel Bowl
Preshave: Proraso Blue Prebeard Cream
Soap: Lea Classic Shaving Cream
Aftershave: Polo Green Intense Cologne
Balm: Proraso Blue Balm
Additional Care: Shave Music Courtesy Of A 1940's Jazz Playlist To Match The Age Of The Razor

It's the weekend so time for a bit of razor and soap rotation from my weekday daily drivers.

Razor is a bit of an experiment to try to get past my hatred of SE blades. This is more like it, smooth, mild and BBS. This razor has just earned its place on the rotation shelf and the Fatip has been dislodged. I only have room for 3 razors on the rotation shelf.

AD1CEB2D-3668-486B-8204-875C1B646609.jpeg

A Sunday morning and some shave frolicking by the sink themed, 'Here comes the rain'

20220723_170753.jpg

A wet razor - Rocnel Elite
A wet blade - Polsilver Lodz
A wet brush - Yaqi Moka
A wet soap - MDC Agrume
A wet moisturiser - L'Occitane Cade balm
A wet scent - ADP Collezione
A wet lettuce - Me

'And my wife's rain dance worked wonders'

I have been dancing naked in the back garden for the past 2 days in the hope of bringing some rain for my sun scorched lawn. Managing to get arrested and a court appearance Monday. But it did rain. What a great win.

And what a great bit of bristle removing in-between nakedness and prancing around gardens. I suppose because it was a neighbours garden everything makes sense.

The Lodz had seen better days but it managed to throw in a last bit of resistance before being a razor bank deposit. The Moka certainly not my favourite but it did its duties with the super MDC and all in all a nice start to the day.

Have a great one you wonderful people and be well in every way

And to round this shave off........

Last edited:
24 July

D R Harris Arlington
Mühle Kosmo Silvertip Fibre
ES Claymore Evolution
Feather Professional
Bart’s Balm Ben Kilbreck

8FFB08AF-19DB-4BDE-A94C-378681D98F99.jpeg
The Mühle Kosmo is certainly my floppiest brush, nonetheless, it is remarkably capable, and created a good lather with the D R Harris soap and cold water. The Claymore always brings a smile to my face as I shave, it tames the Feather blade, and yet produces a great close finish… every time.

IMG_20220724_115912_4.jpg
SOTD Sunday 24 July 2022

Sunday Shave.

I don't usually shave on a Sunday after my Saturday shave, I useally give myself the day off but I was itching to try my new Signature Soaps Novus Spice and the matching splash! :)

The scent from the soap is wonderful, a nice little twist on the Old Spice from long ago, very good Indeed.
The performance was never in doubt, after all it is from Signature Soaps!
It was perfect and let my Feather Artist Club DX razor glide over my skin with ease.
A refreshing bit of sting from the matching splash and I was done, smooth and smelling great!

Razor - Feather Artist Club DX
Blade - Feather Pro
Soap - Signature Soaps - Novus Spice
Brush - Chisel & Hound V15 Silvertip
Post - Signature Soaps Splash - Novus Spice
Another soap knocked out of the park Brian :)

@BrianH

Paul.

Last edited:
View attachment 91047
SOTD Sunday 24 July 2022

Sunday Shave.

I don't usually shave on a Sunday after my Saturday shave, I useally give myself the day off but I was itching to try my new Signature Soaps Novus Spice and the matching splash! :)

The scent from the soap is wonderful, a nice little twist on the Old Spice from long ago, very good Indeed.
The performance was never in doubt, after all it is from Signature Soaps!
It was perfect and let my Feather Artist Club DX razor glide over my skin with ease.
A refreshing bit of sting from the matching splash and I was done, smooth and smelling great!

Razor - Feather Artist Club DX
Blade - Feather Pro
Soap - Signature Soaps - Novus Spice
Brush - Chisel & Hound V15 Silvertip
Post - Signature Soaps Splash - Novus Spice
Another soap knocked out of the park Brian :)

@BrianH

Paul.
Glad you like it Paul. Best Regards Brian

SOTD 60.jpg

Soap – Crabtree & Evelyn Sandalwood Cream
Bowl – Fine Accoutrements lather bowl
Brush – Rocca Birch synthetic
Razor – Rocca Birch
Blade – Gillette Perma-Sharp (2)
A/S – Floid MV
Balm & EDP – Rochas Moustache

First run out for the recently acquired C&E Sandalwood cream.
I’ve had C&E West Indian Lime and Moroccan Myrrh creams before and both were great performers but first time with Sandalwood.
Straight from the jar it smells great. To my nose it’s quite earthy and natural with a hint of real quality about it. I'm guessing it's maybe around 10+ years old but retains a nice healthy sheen and although it's soft I'd say it's firmer that it is from the tubes. I'd put scent strength at the higher side of mid. My expectations were pretty high for this one and I was crossing my fingers it would live up to them.

As a tester I massaged a little cream into the brush tips and lathered in my hand and just like the previous C&E creams it exploded into life as did the scent. So that was a thumbs up for starters and I got to work with it immediately. That was a mistake.
On the first pass I could tell the lather was off. Very little cushioning or slickness even though the volume was good. No fault of the cream itself, my enthusiasm got the better of me.
When it comes to creams I’m an advocate of applying liberal amounts in order to get the best from them but I was so eager to get this on my face I ignored that and carried on with the little I had on the brush which was well overhydrated. So I put a liberal dose of cream in the bowl and lathered up again for the second pass ........ Bingo !
The inceased slickness was instantly noticeable as soon as I started applying the lather and the second pass was a dream. Likewise pass 3 and pickups.
The Muhle synthetic is very soft and not much backbone to it but with a cream it does the job nicely. Razor / blade pairing was excellent.
A class shave deservedly finished off in similar fashion with Rochas Moustache balm and EDP. Stunning !

Hope everyone has a great Sunday.

A Sunday morning and some shave frolicking by the sink themed, 'Here comes the rain'

View attachment 91042

A wet razor - Rocnel Elite
A wet blade - Polsilver Lodz
A wet brush - Yaqi Moka
A wet soap - MDC Agrume
A wet moisturiser - L'Occitane Cade balm
A wet scent - ADP Collezione
A wet lettuce - Me

'And my wife's rain dance worked wonders'

I have been dancing naked in the back garden for the past 2 days in the hope of bringing some rain for my sun scorched lawn. Managing to get arrested and a court appearance Monday. But it did rain. What a great win.

And what a great bit of bristle removing in-between nakedness and prancing around gardens. I suppose because it was a neighbours garden everything makes sense.

The Lodz had seen better days but it managed to thrown in a last bit of resistance before being a razor bank deposit. The Moka certainly not my favourite but it did its duties with the super MDC and all in all a nice start to the day.

Have a great one you wonderful people and be well in every way

And to round this shave off........

Brilliant :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Sun 24th July

RR 400. SE Plissoft noir
P & B Citra Royale
Occams Enoch
Kai Capltain Titan Mild Pink ( 7 )
Alcolado Glacial A/S splash

Though I enjoy shaving with The Enoch, I never seem to get my lower lip edge cleared that well. I suspect that the somewhat cumbersome looking Hiram Commander might be just a bit better for me.

6EEC830C-AE68-46A4-B91A-2CB0C8177D7D.jpeg

Razor = Muhle Rocca
Blade = Gillette Blue ( 1 )
Brush = Blood Oath Grenade 30mm Ultra Lux High Density Manchurian Silvertip Badger.
Soap = Almond Leather By Mammoth Soaps
with matching balm
Splash = Geo F Trumper Spanish Leather
BC5CE678-EDD3-46B7-9E58-3A7365FF335F.jpegA lovely relaxing day off sunday shave.
I love House Of Mammoth soaps & this one is no different, A wonderfully combination of Leather & Almond and to me the balance is perfect.
The brush whipped up an amazing lather is a short space of time.
This is without a shadow of a doubt the best knot i have although i think 26mm would be better.
Overall a terrific shave & again can’t wait until tomorrow’s shave
Onwards & Upwards
Stay Safe People.
Oh and i had to add a little practice at the darts had me 3 in the bull but one fell out as i went to retrieve them. i was gutted lol
oh well
14D2DFD2-60C8-4366-840F-77B492360866.jpeg

View attachment 91065

Karve Overlander alu
Aussie Spoiler (18)
Semogue Torga boar
Valobra Fougere
warm water
RazoRock Santa Maria del Fiore.

Valobra and boar - it is the law. :) - saludos - I.
Valobra, now there's a good soap, the scent isn't strong but the performance make's up for that hands down!

Paul.

Back
Top Bottom