SOTD : Saturday 22nd May to Friday 28th May 2021.

Sun 23 Quarantine SOTD
Soap Stirling Margaritas in the Arctic
Brush Yaqi 24mm Silvertip
Razor Yaqi AC Aluminum
Blade Shick Proline P-30 (UK) 2nd
Post & Aftershaves Alum + Stirling Witchhazel MitA + Hyaluronic + TGS Abysso
Another excellent soap! Intoxicating scent, thickly creamy and slick lather...awesome!! The brush is very good for face lathering!
Shave with razor paired with this blade was very good. Initially abit skippy but once found the correct angle...it became very smooth and comfortable in 3passes without any issues for a mostly bbs finish. Aftershaves were fantastic!
20210523_125024.jpg

SOTD : 23rd May 2021.

102.jpg

Shaving Recipe For today.

Prep: Warm shower:/ Nivea Men ~ Power Fresh Shower Gel.

Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face.
Pears ~ Transparent Bar Soap With Mint Extracts. + Nuage Menthol shaving Oil.
Brush: APShave Co. ~ 24mm Cashmere Synthetic.
Bowl Lather.
Bowl: Tesco's Ceramic 'Cosmo' Side Bowl.
Lather : Derby ~ Lavender Moisturising Shaving Cream.
Blade: Gillette 7 o'clock SE yellow. (D2)
Frankenrazor: Yaqi DOC Head / Ab Inox Eco Safety Razor Handle.

Cold water face wash with brush squeezings, Cold Water Face Rinse. /Homemade (~Spring/Summer mix~) Lemon, Eucalyptus, Tea Tree, Essential Oils.3 Menthol Crystals, Mixed Together With 200ml of Care+Witch Hazel./Creightons ~Sensitive PSB./Gummy ~ Traditional Turkish Lavender Cologne.

Greetings,

A relaxing Sunday morning shave...

The Frankenrazor/Gillette 7o'clock SE was another wonderful duo cutting through my stubble effortlessly, feeling smooth and efficient with each pass.

Finishing the shave off a with a generous splash of Gummy ~ Traditional Turkish Lavender Cologne.

My face is feeling smooth & smelling divine.;)

Stay safe, and enjoy your Sunday ladies & gentlemen.:cool:

Prep: Shower with Bulldog oil control charcoal soap bar
Soap: Pinnacle Grooming Le Male
Brush: Yaqi Moka Express Synthetic
Razor: Futur clone
Blade: Polsilver Super Iridium
Post: Baxter’s of California Shave Tonic and Baxter’s aftershave balm.
My weekend rest of new blades with the razor constant continue and the polsilver were a sharp and efficient shave, paired with the razor surprisingly made for a lovely mild shave.
The Pinnacle Le Male has always smelt amazing but today was the first time I didn’t get a reaction from it. It lathered it up into and amazing thick cream, smells really close to the original JPG but if anything it may be actually stronger. I wonder if it had a top layer to seal the soap in it that I reacted to initially or whether it ‘split’ somehow, (don’t know if that’s even possible) and the longer lather just mixed it back up and meant I no longer had a reaction. Or I could just have got used to it! Either way I’m happy to keep it now as was on the verge of passing it in.

Attachments

• 6FF888D8-FF8A-475D-B1A2-5FFA4E9874B8.jpeg
    6FF888D8-FF8A-475D-B1A2-5FFA4E9874B8.jpeg
    86.9 KB · Views: 3
Sunday 23rd May
Yaqi Sagrada Familia - OSP Fougere - GEM Push Button - GEM Stainless Coated #4 - Cien X-Bolt A/S - Aloe Vera Gel - X-Bolt EDT
guByXv4.jpg

Another bargain aftershave from Lidl, X-Bolt. I've had the EDT for a while now, and agree with its similarity to Boss Bottled.

23/05/21
Pre: Pears Original Transparent cold water face wash
Brush: Alpha Outlaw Titanium G4 Synth
Soap: OSP Old Gold
Razor: Blackland Blackbird Brass
Blade: Wilkinson Sword (1)
Post shave: Cold water Rinse, TC's infused Witch Hazel
Balm: Proraso Red
Aftershave: Vintage Avon "Siege Cannon"

Wk21 (2).JPG

An early morning shave today as i knew i would have been busy this morning.
A really nice lather today from the ever dependable OSP, face lathered today with the Alpha Ti G4 synth.
The blade was next out of the trial pack dispenser so in the razor it went, i felt it was a little rough on the first pass and i actually thought about binning it after its 1st outing, saying that, as the shave progressed the edge seem to really smooth out, by the time i got to the end of the ATG pass i was very happy with how it felt - reprieved to shave another day.
I really like using the Brass-Bird preferring it over its Stainless brother (which has been rehomed), it just seems smoother for me, YMMV of course.
A very easy post shave routine finishing with the Vintage Avon splash.
I am BBS with a wonderfully comfortable Finish, a real face feeler today.
Stay safe and enjoy your day All

Last edited:
20210523_112944.jpgPrep: shower with Nivea (Protect & Care) Deep face wash
Pre: ES pre-shave oil
Razor: Tatara Masamune
Blade: Voskhod
Brush: EJ Silvertip Synthetic
S cream: Proraso Firenze Azur Lime

A very smooth 3 pass + tidy ups shave. I have (or my skin rather) a preference for milder razors. All reviews indicate Masamune being on the milder side but I would say it is towards to top of mild agression in my spectrum.

Back
Top Bottom