SOTD : Saturday 22nd May to Friday 28th May 2021.

SOTD : 22nd May 2021.

101.jpg

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/ Nivea Men ~ Power Fresh Shower Gel.

Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face.
Pears ~ Transparent Bar Soap With Mint Extracts. + Nuage Menthol shaving Oil.
Brush: Anbbas 24mm Synthetic.
Face Lather.
Lather: La Toja Shave Stick.
Blade : Gillette 7 o'clock SE yellow. (D1)
Razor : Pearl SBF-11.

Cold water face wash with brush squeezings, Cold Water Face Rinse. /Homemade (~Spring/Summer mix~) Lemon, Eucalyptus, Tea Tree, Essential Oils +3 Menthol Crystals Mixed Together With 200ml of Care+Witch Hazel./Nivea Men ~ Sensitive Cooling PSB./La Toja ASL.

Greetings,

A new shave set up to start the weekend...Continuing with my run of Russian DE blades..The Gillette 7 o'clock SE yellow is another blade from the St. Petersburg plant.

The SharpEdge i find equally efficient as the Gillette Nacet with a less smoother feel to them, I prefer smoothness over sharpness in a DE blade.. That said, like a lot of DE blades, after the first pass it started to feel smoother....It's also been a while since i last used them ,which take a few shaves for me to get reacquainted with them again.

An enjoyable 3 pass +pick ups close comfortable shave with no errors to report...Finishing to the shave off with a generous splash of La Toja ASL.

My face is feeling silky smooth & smelling divine.;)

Stay safe, and enjoy the start of the weekend ladies & gentlemen.:cool:

A new week of shaving according to the laws governing SOTD's and so I start my own personal week with the theme 'All that glitters is brass'

IMG_20210516_212557.jpg

Brass section - Brass Colonial General
Brass rubbing - Feather Super Professional
Top brass - AP brass handle, 28mm Cashmere flat top
Naval brass - Abbate Y Mantia Krokos
Brassier - Abbate Y Mantia Cologne

Rubbing the brass - As exercised by sexually frustrated brass monkeys.

'Having recently lost his balls in a cold spell, Frank the itinerant tree dweller was spurned by the female population and reverted to rubbing the brass'

Morning glory. 'What?' said the vicar in a voice of exasperation. Not to be too worried I might be on the wrong forum, I am of course referring to a wonderful wake up shave.

New day and a new brush. This AP creation is absolutely monster.

'A weighty brush' takes on a whole new meaning here and comes complete with a gym subscription. But the knot, everything I could wish for. Out of all the synthetics I have met to date the Cashmere sets my standards. Take a great knot, make it bigger and then flatten it. Someone deserves an award for this. A complete lather monster and face masher. Feed it a top drawer soap in the Krokus and this is a quality base for the blade to get to work on. Not only that, the shade of lather matches the 'brass' theme. Very twee.

Hit with the super brass General and this is one of those shaves I could talk about for days on end. But it would only serve to have my wife tell me 'Stop boring the knickers off me'. The only way that is going to happen.

So a most delectable way to start the day and feeling wonderfully refreshed and ready to face all the day can throw at me. The local tip opens at 8 o'clock and I will be the most devine man dumping their shit.

Nearly

Have a most pleasurable weekend my fellow razorteers and may everyone, your families and your friends be well and safe.

What a better way to start the weekend than those Japanese brassy sassy ladies 'Bed-in'

And I love you all :love::love::love:

Sat 22 (From Work to Quarantine) SOTD
Soap Stirling Orange Chill
Brush Yaqi 26mm Orange Black
Razor Yaqi AC Brass
Blade Shick Proline P-30 (US) 4th
Post & Aftershaves Alum + Stirling Witchhazel Orange Chill + Hyaluronic + TGS Orange Empire
Superb soap qualities! Very enjoyable scent and a rich creamy slick lather!!
Shave with razor paired with this blade is getting better compare to the initial 2 shaves. Smoother, more comfortable, and surprisingly more efficient! 3passes without any issues for a mostly bbs finish. Aftershaves were awesome!
Luckily I packed sufficient shave gears for this work trip...a supposedly 6 days trip now becomes 14++days. Nothing like some good shaves to chase the blues away...
20210522_122500.jpg

SOTD 22-May
20210521_122239.jpg
Prep: Warm shower
Brush: PAA Peregrino
Soap: P&B Spitfire
Razor: Gold Dollar 200

I approached this mornings shave with an edge of caution. I completely forgot I had these 'Shave Ready' dollars (these came with the alembicase case I bought), so thought why not give it a bash. I had my 72-V on standby to jump in if required, but to my utter shock it was actually a relatively decent shave and managed an acceptable 2 passes. Not the smoothest passes I've ever had but by no means the roughest. The edge could do with a touch up but does the job as is in a pinch!

Off on a day out with the little one and the Mrs, hope everyone has a grand start to their weekend!

Cheers

Marc

Today's shave:

rdt2105221ujnp.jpg

- Tallow + Steel Himalaya
- Semogue FA 2016 LE Finest
- Mamba with TRH8 handle and Sputnik blade
- Denim Original aftershave

:D

Saturday, 22 May

PreShave: Warm to hot water—most from the boiled kettle, some from the tap
Cream: GFT Eucris
Brush: Kent BK8
Bowl: My recycled T&H cream bowl
Razor: Merkur 39C
Blade Astra sp (1)
Post Shave: Alum

Fragrance: Eucrus

My Saturday setup now (with the Mekur slant). It was a nice slow and relaxing way to start the morning. Have a good start to the weekend (the grey and rain notwithstanding), folks.

188816379_4341531115858248_7391828111270629342_n.jpg
Prep: Shower, Palmolive Olive Oil Soap
Soap: Tabac
Brush: 24mm Yaqi Sagrada Familia
Razor: Rockwell Model T (2,3)
Blade: Gillette Super Blue (1)

I was determined to get a shave to be proud of out of the Rockwell before I relinquish it. Today was close. After @Boycie83 's enabling attempt this morning, I dragged the Tabac duo out to give them a spin. The lather (face as usual) was superb - I'd forgotten why Tabac is seen as such a classic. While the scent divides - and it certainly wouldn't be an everyday choice for me - sometimes it's perfect (I see Bay Rum the same way to be honest.) My bag full of Tabac ASL samples off of the 'bay is still going strong, and there's probably enough left to see me into next year!
Right, down to the shave itself. Razor dropped to 2 WTG with a Super Blue in the seat. Smooth as you like again, but little clearance. Up to 3 for across, and it's done a good job. We have a DFS with a couple of weepers, but again the razor feels like it's holding back blades I know perform well for me.
I'll take today's result. The Tabac scent has cheered me up further, the sun's poked its head out and we have friends coming over with their daughter for tea (my famous Spag Bol in case you're interested - got to coordinate food colour with SOTD photos;))
Have a great weekend, gents :giggle:

Todays Cold Water Shave Kit - Saturday 22nd May 2021

Shave Score 9.9/10.0

PreShave: Hot Shower / NIVEA MEN DEEP Anti-Blackhead Scrub
PreShave Cream: Proraso - Green Rinfrescante - Menthol
Cream: Truefitt & Hill - Apsley
Brush: Yaqi 24mm - Purple Haze
Razor: RazoRock GC .84 SB
Blade: Astra Platinum (3)
Post Shave ASL: Figaro - Ambra
Post Shave Balm: Barts Balms - Ben More
Post Shave Cologne: Geoffrey Beene - Bowling Green