SOTD : Saturday 22nd May to Friday 28th May 2021.

Razor: Schick Krona
Blade: Gillette Silver Blue (4)
Brush: EJ STF
Soap: Cyril R Salter Solid Shaving Soap
Post- Speick ASL, Lea 3 in 1 balm

First time using this soap and I was pretty impressed! During the shave, especially the first pass, I wasn't convinced. It doesn't have the same 'wow factor' as some of the artisan soaps.
The smell is half 'classic soap scent' and half lavender. The lather doesn't have that same think buttery feel ( if this makes any sense?!) as The SIgnature soaps for example- it doesn't have that dense, shiny appearance (It's more of a Proraso looking lather).

However, the stuff is very slick and it does feel good on the face, despite it not looking as impressive as others.
I was surprised how the shave turned out. No problems whatsoever and the post-shave feel was brilliant!
I probably wouldn't choose this over my favourite Sig soaps but I'll definitely work it into the rotation. I'm surprised this stuff doesn't get more love!

For 3 quid, this is pretty much the UK's Mogno(oooooh big words.... and I know it's got tallow in it). But this is a simple, classic soap that performs really well.
unnamed.jpg

Last edited:
[IMG]

[IMG]
Two Pass Shaving Routine..
[IMG]

Hot Water Prep & Massage with Argan Oil
Mark 32 C.V Heljestrand Full Hollow 6/8th
Hans Baier Silver Tip
Le Pere Lucien Soap
Humphreys Witch Hazel

I Had a Shave with My Mark 32 C.V Heljestrand 6/8th..A Top Tier Shaver that Maneuvered Around Like a Porsche.My Face is as Polished as a Pair of GI-Rene"s Drill Boots..Not Much Else to Say About the Performance of a C.V Heljestrand SR of this Caliber..As the Swedes would Say..Fantastisk..
:D

I Am Dolphin Smooth & Refreshed..
[IMG]

Billy..
:chores016:

I have to be honest i had no issues whatsoever with mine, i actually really liked it, it got on with any blade i put in it, i was going through a few trial packs of blades at the time. i then got my Rex and it was just left to one side - unloved.
I used it on setting 3 and basically sold my Original 6S (mainly used plate 3 or 4) on because i thought the Model T was a better razor?
It is probably worth sticking with one blade and get the shave angle right.
T

The Model T feels luxurious, high quality in the adjustment and doors. However I've never had a bad shave with the 6S. I have the Model T up to 5 with a Voskhod and it was good. It's a strange business, this DE shaving. :)

[IMG]

[IMG]
Two Pass Shaving Routine..
[IMG]

Hot Water Prep & Massage with Argan Oil
Mark 32 C.V Heljestrand Full Hollow 6/8th
Hans Baier Silver Tip
Le Pere Lucien Soap
Humphreys Witch Hazel

I Had a Shave with My Mark 32 C.V Heljestrand 6/8th..A Top Tier Shaver that Maneuvered Around Like a Porsche.My Face is as Polished as a Pair of GI-Rene"s Drill Boots..Not Much Else to Say About the Performance of a C.V Heljestrand SR of this Caliber..As the Swedes would Say..Fantastisk..
:D

I Am Dolphin Smooth & Refreshed..
[IMG]

Billy..
:chores016:
Beautiful Billy , I love Heljestrand razors and that is a first class example of one.

Saturday 22nd May

ACtC-3cfNBx_5XSM5ODoCRXEId0mKUTEfKgkg0LdnBG6jk5s0eMKxm_dst7C2bCY4_J_iQt8XwFAb9nYWC5urE5rYkYtSCGsVNIeBofduBQzhSeS3zVNQObEATQi3iRTNF_jQnwJ9X-vGW6r_InXp2SnOB0pbQ=w1200

Ganders Goat Soap w/Hop, Sage & Birch
Wilkinson Sword Shaving Stick (Grated)
Semogue SOC Butterscotch (Boar)
Yaqi AC V1 w/Muhle Rocca R95 Handle
Schick Proline P30 (3)
Pinaud Clubman Musk Aftershave

Flipping back to my other Yaqi AC which has the Schick ProLine blade in after a trio of shaves with the Feather ProGuard. Even on its now third shave, the Schick is still not a smooth shave, to my face. Good enough from two passes, though ...

9499A3DC-F19B-4C0D-9F7A-5767819AD326.jpeg
Pre: hot shower, proraso white preshave cream
Brush: yaqi 24mm 2band badger
Soap: saponificio varesino Opuntia
Razor : hawk v2
Blade: feather professional #11
Post: cold water rinse, alum block, SV opuntia aftershave

Starting with the soap - beautiful. Amazing lather, nice and slick too! Scent is great, after all it is aventus creed dupe
Another excellent shave... until third pass. First two passes went very well, however on third one, I have picked up handful of weepers. Seems like blade started to give in at this point. 10 decent shaves out of one blade is what I’m happy with - this was first trial of how long this blade lasts in the razor and it definitely is a good life length.

Alum block did stop majority of weepers but two - for which I had to reach out to styptic pen. Afterwards another cold water rinse, followed by saponificio varesino Opuntia aftershave lotion. Added few nice sprays of creed clone perfume, and was ready to go to a bar for few drinks with my girlfriend and couple friends

Hope all of you had a good Saturday and enjoy your Sunday.

Back
Top Bottom