SOTD : Saturday 22nd May to Friday 28th May 2021.

Prep: Shower and PAA cube
Pre: PAA cube
Soap: Yaqi sandalwood soap
Brush: Yaqi Cavern Lake Two Band Badger
Razor: Pearl Flexi
Blade: Persona Viking Sword
Post: Alum, Baxter’s of California Shave Tonic and L’Oréal barbershop reinforcing aftershave balm.
This brush looks fantastic, has a little stiffness which I’m guessing will soften with use and created a ridiculous lather. It looks beautiful with the morning light filtering through the aqua blue handle.
The soap… well it started so well, the smell is genuinely one of the strongest I’ve ever had straight out of opening the tin. Strong but mild sandalwood hits you and it’s comforting and warming. It then layers a ridiculous amount exploding out the tin lulling me into a false sense of security. I started lathering my face, again very impressed by the sheer volume of the overflowing soap… however then reality hit, it was despite the amount produced, it turned out to be smoke and mirrors a thin, synthetic type soap. Basically a spray foam/gel like soap, it gave at best an ok shave saved only by the PAA cubes slickness. By the third pass it was going on cm deep but disappearing before I’d completed the pass. I guess the best way to describe it, is the opposite of the unexpected and pleasant surprise you get when using a Yaqi brush. It’s extremely cheap, tick, smells great, tick, but just doesn’t deliver on a smooth luxurious lather. It’s a shame but on the key elements you want on the soap it hits the price and smell brilliantly but fails on the most important main purpose a slick lather.
Consigned to the bin or bath for my kids to play with and it’s bubble bath like foam.

Attachments

• ECD812E3-7AFF-42D1-9558-546CB485198F.jpeg
    ECD812E3-7AFF-42D1-9558-546CB485198F.jpeg
    102.9 KB · Views: 7
  • CADF6A08-E44F-4DBB-BCA1-20FDD73777F6.jpeg
    CADF6A08-E44F-4DBB-BCA1-20FDD73777F6.jpeg
    93.2 KB · Views: 7
  • 2DAD4383-819D-438C-8FB4-3CBDD2FF5FE3.jpeg
    2DAD4383-819D-438C-8FB4-3CBDD2FF5FE3.jpeg
    82.3 KB · Views: 7
Prep: Shower and PAA cube
Pre: PAA cube
Soap: Yaqi sandalwood soap
Brush: Yaqi Cavern Lake Two Band Badger
Razor: Pearl Flexi
Blade: Persona Viking Sword
Post: Alum, Baxter’s of California Shave Tonic and L’Oréal barbershop reinforcing aftershave balm.
This brush looks fantastic, has a little stiffness which I’m guessing will soften with use and created a ridiculous lather. It looks beautiful with the morning light filtering through the aqua blue handle.
The soap… well it started so well, the smell is genuinely one of the strongest I’ve ever had straight out of opening the tin. Strong but mild sandalwood hits you and it’s comforting and warming. It then layers a ridiculous amount exploding out the tin lulling me into a false sense of security. I started lathering my face, again very impressed by the sheer volume of the overflowing soap… however then reality hit, it was despite the amount produced, it turned out to be smoke and mirrors a thin, synthetic type soap. Basically a spray foam/gel like soap, it gave at best an ok shave saved only by the PAA cubes slickness. By the third pass it was going on cm deep but disappearing before I’d completed the pass. I guess the best way to describe it, is the opposite of the unexpected and pleasant surprise you get when using a Yaqi brush. It’s extremely cheap, tick, smells great, tick, but just doesn’t deliver on a smooth luxurious lather. It’s a shame but on the key elements you want on the soap it hits the price and smell brilliantly but fails on the most important main purpose a slick lather.
Consigned to the bin or bath for my kids to play with and it’s bubble bath like foam.
Hi Lee

There is a new thread open, this one is last weeks.

Russ

Friday 28th May

ACtC-3fSEZKvT3JBg4t3XHf5NUuu90IL5HKfkyKA7KQ5dz_Lk5HXcqK_NhGnPxNTWDTPTGVdZUhYTEN_p_hr_n9m280nT_plocPYmkJzSHr_7FMyZPXVcjOPbwyrVthL2nKd9_FTX4bgQjPOEMV283B9VbmM8w=w1200
Nice photo...excellent use of colour and shadow and interesting twist on the use of 3 items (the odd number photographic composition idea) in the base tones, but then the inclusion of a fourth, but in a totally highlighted colour to draw the eye to the most remarkable brush I've seen for a long time.

Not only that, but as a true boar hair brush that looks like a carrot, your photo will appeal both to carnivores and vegans!

Sir, I salute your artistry and ingenuity(y)(y):giggle:

Todays shave, after a warm shower .

Soap. ........ SV 70th
Brush. ...... Beehive,
Razor ....... Ikon / windrose ss handle
Blade. ...... Nacet (3)
Asb ........ Nivea replenishing
ASL. ........ Dior Sauvage

A nice and easy shave this morning with gear that really performs for me.The soap and the gel tips of the brush created a superb lather, and the razor and blade combo gave me a super smooth face feeler. Now ready for today, it’s a double whammy, my wedding anniversary and birthday.
Stay safe, keep smiling :)
8041A4A5-5E83-4404-9DD7-E89D9C7E834C.jpeg
Happy Belated ‘ Double Whammy ‘

Nice photo...excellent use of colour and shadow and interesting twist on the use of 3 items (the odd number photographic composition idea) in the base tones, but then the inclusion of a fourth, but in a totally highlighted colour to draw the eye to the most remarkable brush I've seen for a long time.

Not only that, but as a true boar hair brush that looks like a carrot, your photo will appeal both to carnivores and vegans!

Sir, I salute your artistry and ingenuity(y)(y):giggle:
Well, thank you my friend!

Focus was put to the corner of the razor which will take in most of the soap and the brush as well as (hopefully) highlighting the guarded blade. There is a smoke mask over the top to give the whole thing a haziness.

Todays shave, after a warm shower .

Soap. ........ SV 70th
Brush. ...... Beehive,
Razor ....... Ikon / windrose ss handle
Blade. ...... Nacet (3)
Asb ........ Nivea replenishing
ASL. ........ Dior Sauvage

A nice and easy shave this morning with gear that really performs for me.The soap and the gel tips of the brush created a superb lather, and the razor and blade combo gave me a super smooth face feeler. Now ready for today, it’s a double whammy, my wedding anniversary and birthday.
Stay safe, keep smiling :)
8041A4A5-5E83-4404-9DD7-E89D9C7E834C.jpeg
Best wishes and twin happiness for both your birthday and anniversary...!!!

Back
Top Bottom