SOTD : Saturday 22nd January-Friday 28th January 2022.

Sunday 23rd January

Maseto 26mm Finest - S.V. Desert Vetiver - Gillette Tech/Alpha Ti/Treet New Steel - Guerlain Vetiver

An excellent 3 pass Sunday shave only marred by the London Bridge blade originally in the razor. I am afraid those do nothing for me. They will be finding a new home in the recycling.

Sunday 23rd January

Maseto 26mm Finest - S.V. Desert Vetiver - Gillette Tech/Alpha Ti/Treet New Steel - Guerlain Vetiver

An excellent 3 pass Sunday shave only marred by the London Bridge blade originally in the razor. I am afraid those do nothing for me. They will be finding a new home in the recycling.
Yet the blades are well regarded by others, just demonstrates how fickle razors and blades are - YMMV.....and all that jazz

Yet the blades are well regarded by others, just demonstrates how fickle razors and blades are - YMMV.....and all that jazz
Absolutely....but I just can't get a reliable outcome. Yesterday was fine and today was not. This has been the case with all that I have used and I have too many others which I know I can rely on. If anyone else wants to try them I am happy to send them FOC. Just PM me and first come first served.

UK only I am afraid!

Last edited:
That's strange, were they Ok in the same razor combo yesterday?
Agreed fella, there are too many good blades to choose from, rather than persevere with duffers. I'm fine for blades thanks, good PIF for someone
Ok....but nothing special. In the past I would have had rough first shave OK 2nd and gone on the third. I have used them in a selection of razors with the same result. Some of them even appeared dull to me. They are the only blade I have used in all my years I have had problems with.....and the card was bought from a reputable dealer.

Highland Springs Soap Company Green Door (Soap and Splash) ; Alpha Shaving Barbell 3D Print 26mm Silksmoke ; Rex Supply Co. Envoy ; Polsilver Super Iridium (3)

220123-SOTD.jpg

Last edited:
Ok....but nothing special. In the past I would have had rough first shave OK 2nd and gone on the third. I have used them in a selection of razors with the same result. Some of them even appeared dull to me. They are the only blade I have used in all my years I have had problems with.....and the card was bought from a reputable dealer.
I have come to very much the same conclusion recently. My first batch were pretty damn good - up there with Gillette Platinum and GSB but behind Super Blue. but I reordered recently, and the last three London Bridge blades have varied wildly, with the last one inspiring no confidence at all. I'll return to my Twist or Tech and see how that works out with them as that was the benchmark originally.....

Last edited:
Phoenix and Beau Coda
Yaqi timberwolf 26mm
Razorock game changer 68 and 84
Permasharp
Dendi pure aftershave
Chanel Antaeus EDT

Continued to test two versions of gamechanger, not much difference between them. Coda and Antaeus work excellent together, so similar that I think Kerry used it as inspiration.

MVIMG_20220123_093444-01.jpeg

I have come to very much the same conclusion recently. My first batch were pretty damn good - up there with Gillette Platinum and GSB but behind Super Blue. but I reordered recently, and the last three London Bridge blades have varied wildly, with the last one inspiring no confidence at all. I'll return to my Twist or Tech and see how that works out.....
Maybe its the Welsh water!

Back
Top Bottom