SOTD : Saturday 22nd January-Friday 28th January 2022.

SotD

PAA Cube 2.0 - Pre-Shave.
Artisan Los Jabones De Joserra Altamira - Shaving Soap. Artisan Koraat - Shaving Brush.
Artisan Steve Woodhead Studio Pottery - Scuttle.
Artisan Green Cult Steel - Safety Razor
Voskhod Teflon - Blade.
Artisan Los Jabones De Joserra Altamira - After Shave.

Green Cult Steel round two.

Today they are coated with Voskhod Teflon. A fairly mild blade, hence the Cube, as I wasn't sure how often I'd have to go over skin with a Voskhod.

Slightly moisten the cube and spread quite generously over the face. I like the Cube :) - It cleans with the activated charcoal and gives the skin an improved lubricating film thanks to the sweet almond oil, prickly pear oil, jojoba wax, safflower oil, bacuri butter, capuacu butter and murumuru butter. Vitamin E and aloe vera complete the whole thing.

Then the Josera was used. As always with me, it was opened with a lot of love and processed into a nice, fat foam, more like cream. The hot scuttel wafted an aroma of soap through the house, which is still noticeable now.

The soap was then allowed to soak the hair in connection with the cube for 4 minutes. Soaking is always important, always has been. At a barber's, before the foam is applied, the skin is softened with a hot towel, which pulls the hair out a little. The cream then grips better and makes shaving easier.

In the meantime smoked a fag and then got to work. Briefly moistened the soap with hot water with a brush and to the first train. Fits, without much pressure the Voskhod pulled through. The steel head of the safety razor has also been warmed up properly beforehand. Personally, I always do this because I think it shaves better. But like I said, it could just be imagination.

Of course, compared to the Feather in the first round, the Voskhod seemed softer and not as snappy. But I was already satisfied in the first round. The second was then on the side and the third, here with a little thinner foam then against the grain.

Again, no pressure, let it run. Well... smooth and clean. There were minimal hairspots, which I then touched up with a water shave. One right under my nose and the other under my lower jaw, right side. But I always have to improve it again by skin tightening.

The "lie detector test," as Klaus always calls it, showed no rashes either.

Towards the end, clean your face with ice-cold water, dab off the remaining foam with a towel, then dry your face (do not rub).

I'm 99% BBS now. A small hairspot, under my lower jaw, a few stubbles can still be felt. I could go over that again, but it's actually OK.

This was followed by Primavera witch hazel water and finally the aftershave. Here, too, all solder. What more could a man want.

Good evening to all and a nice WE to you.

Addendum: After I've written this here, then there was a smoke and the food was warmed up in the kitchen, there is a slight tension in the skin under the chin. Otherwise no redness or blood spots. A little Ebenholz After Shave Balm and the issue was gone. And yes, the Ebenholz is anti-aging, but I'm allowed to, I'm not 20 anymore :)DSC04983.JPGDSC04978.JPG

Razor = 1955 Gillette Blue Tip
Blade = Vintage Sheffield Special. ( 1 )
Brush = The Darn Robb 24mm Boar
Soap = Vintage Boots The Chemist
Splash = Vintage Old Spice
The Grand Turk Bell
Balm = Boots Freshwood
478B4A6C-FE2F-4713-B1FE-78D42ABC5F9C.jpeg
Well lads i don’t know what to make of this shave it confused me a bit, not a great shave but not to bad either,
probably a 6/10.
I know the red tip gillette should be more aggressive than the blue however i found this shave to be very the opposite,
possibly the blade/razor combo but i used this blade on previous occasions & i liked it.
so who knows.
now the reason could be that the soap had absolutely zero residual slickness.
Unfortunately not a great experience for my virgin experience with the Gillette Blue,
i’ll need to look back and see what i used with the red tip.
Anyway lads not all bad so onwards & upwards
Stay Safe Boys & Girls.
Ps
I love the Old Spice Bell
what a cheap find that was :love:

Hi Nearsmooth
Thinking of soap and AS combo,how do you rate?
Thanks
Hi Jonny,
Thanks for asking. The soap and aftershave lotion are fabulous in performance, and the scent is wonderful, but subtle. It certainly won’t mask any cologne you choose to wear. If you don’t have any SV soaps, I’d say go for it. I hope that helps you decide.
Regards.

Back
Top Bottom