SOTD : Saturday 22nd January-Friday 28th January 2022.

SOTD : 22nd January 2022.

1.jpg

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/Asda Sea Salt & Fennel Extract 2 in1 Shower Gel.

Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face
Pears Transparent Bar Soap with Mint Extracts.
Brush: Omega 11047 Mixed Midget.
Face Lather.
Lather: Ach Brito Mogno Shaving Soap.
Blade: Treet Black Carbon. (D1)
Razor: Parker 24c.

Cold water Face Wash with brush squeezing's, Cold Water Face Rinse. /Homemade (~Autumn/Winter mix~) peppermint lavender, eucalyptus, + Tea Tree essential Oils Mixed Together With 200ml of Care+Witch Hazel./P&G Old Spice Whitewater ASL./Nivea Men Fresh Moisturising Gel.

Greetings,

A new eclectic shave set up to start the weekend... Carrying on with the black carbon blade, another great blade from the Treet camp that i have infrequently used.

It's been a while since i last used the parker 24C which paired together with the Treet black carbon blade very nicely with no issues making a smooth non-aggressive combo.

The 24c is my least aggressive OC razor in my den but like all my parker razors it still gives an efficient shave when you apply a steeper shaving angle.

A enjoyable 2 pass + pick ups close comfortable shave with no errors to report.

Finishing the shave off with a small dollop of Nivea Men Fresh Moisturising Gel on it's maiden outing.

My face is feeling smooth & smelling divine. ;)

Stay safe, and enjoy the start of the weekend ladies & gentlemen. :cool:

Last edited:
Sat 22 SOTD
Soap OSP Bayrum
Brush DS Cosmetics 26mm Badger
Razor Friedr Herder Abr. Sohn 77
Aftershaves Stirling Witchhazel MitA + Aqua Velva Ice Blue
Very nice bayrum soap. Scent and lather qualities are great!
It's been almost 3 months since this razor was used. Wow...the shave felt very nice...the feedback was great! Razor's edge refreshed every use with pasted balsa strop and today it was keen yet comfortable. 3passes for a dfs/ccs finish. Not bad after more than 1 month of not using a true straight. Gotta be patient.
20220122_104707.jpg

Saturday
Rushed and don't I know it!
A couple of little nicks rushing so I'm done before my daughter arrived with my granddaughters.
The Schick isn't quite as easy for me to throw around my face and as soon as I made the stroke I thought that's a nick!
However, alum has stopped it and Løthur Oregon splash means my face now feels fine.
That's what a quick wash using the left over soap is for - getting rid of the alum!
Got to rush again, they're now awaiting breakfast!
Have a great weekend

Attachments

• IMG_20220122_080439__01.jpg
    IMG_20220122_080439__01.jpg
    72 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:
Sat 22nd January

Alpha G5 Syn 28mm
Vitos Super Red
Claymore Evolution
Schick Proline ( 3 )
La Toja A/S Lotion

A good test for this Razor/Blade combo today as it had Two days of my harsh stubble to deal with.The Shave was extremely smooth and comfortable throughout, and with ease stubble from all areas cleared leaving me with a bit of a Face Stroker.
I am really enjoying using this Razor, but I should really return to my scheduled Injector rotation.

189EF2AB-89B5-4F87-AF88-CEA3F1F92254.jpeg

Last edited:
SOTD 22-Jan
20220121_135028.jpg
Brush: C&H 'Longtown'
Soap: NO Plunder
Razor: Charcoal Goods Level 3
Blade: GSB (1)

Yep that's the one, just received the level 3 yesterday and had to give it a run out. Love it, I found it to be very efficient, a little bit of blade feel but not a lot, but also very forgiving. Had no issues with a three pass for an uber smooth finish.

For comparison purposes I would probably put it at just below the Karve E-SB but less blade feel...just. Though to be sure I might do a side by side just to check. Either which way I'm chuffed to bits!

Hope everyone has a grand weekend!

Cheers

Marc

Last edited:
All,

Good morning.

Prep, shower.
Razor, ATT R2 plate
Blade, Supermax Stainless
Brush, Razorock Beehive
Cream, Truefitt and Hill, No 10
A/S, Bond Sensitive (perfect size if you’re travelling)

In my enthusiasm for the newly acquired Polish creams and the odd use of Lea creams I’d forgotten I had this. As a result I used at too much and had enough lather to coat the exterior walls!

A very inoffensive scent, nice and slick, went on well. A 3 grain pass. One weeper but it was the same place as the last time so will put that down to that. Very happy with the results it feels closer than last time. Maybe down to the use of a fresh blade not sure.

Another great shave. I wish I’d shaved like this when I was at University. Oh well!

Have a good day all.

Best,

Ben

Attachments

• D7A66F2E-8FA6-48CD-B6FE-716A520EE503.jpeg
    D7A66F2E-8FA6-48CD-B6FE-716A520EE503.jpeg
    152.8 KB · Views: 8
Today's shave:

rdt220122dajo0.jpg

- Meštar Picigin
- StandoPolska Silvertip
- Greencult with ASP blade
- Alpa Windsor Fresh aftershave

:D

The razor is a fully CNC-machined stainles steel razor made in Austria, and sold for 40 EUR (or less than 35 GBP, and yes you read that right). For the price, its finishing quality is a bit below what companies like Razorock are offering; there are still machining marks visible on the surfaces (it's comparable to the Yaqi SS Hanson clone in this regard), and mine has a small cosmetic production defect so quality control could be stricter. But it's very usable, with an ever-present blade feel slightly below the R41. So, there's some room for improvement, but nevertheless it's nice to see a European company helping to keep the market competitive!

The brush handle, made in Poland, is also steel, and the whole brush clocks in at 206 grams. The handle is nevertheless comfortable to hold. (But the knot is somewhat of a disappointment to me, because it feels too lightweight and floppy for the heavy handle. At the very least it should be more densely packed to be better able to hold its own.)

393DA833-8680-43FA-80A7-80545716592C.jpeg

Southern Witchcraft Carpatia
Mühle Edition 2 STF
Wolfman WR2 Ti 1.05

What a pleasent shave today
First use of a Wolfman, kindly lent to me by @motto - thanks a lot. It just feels like a natural extension of your hand!
It's the first use, so my initial impression with a Feather blade is: Mild but efficient

Wishing you all a great weekend

Goodfellas Pino alpestre soap and aftershave splash
Bruce style tuxedo turned by myself
Razorock game changer 68 and 84
Permasharp

Weekend it is and there is plenty of time to play a bit. Comparing two versions of gamechanger to see if there is noticeable difference between them in direct duel.

IMG_20220122_100200-01.jpeg

Prep: wet face with warm water
Brush: Semogue HD badger soaked in warm water for 5ish minutes
Razor: Rockwell 6S Plate R4
Blade: Polsilver Super Irridium
Soap: Proraso Shaving Cream
ASB: None
AS: Speick
Excellent! The Proraso shaving cream performed way above its price range (£4.50 @ TK MAX ) and definitely not shite. Skin feeling smooth and moisturised- . The Rockwell 6S is effortless but still hankering after a Razorock Hawk V3 A plate razor to answer my question is it just marketing bs?
Have a great weekend, my sister in law arrived this morning to stay for 2 weeks so I will be doing 100m sprint shaves and no chance to use the bathroom as a library. I have promised my sister in law I will show her the art , culture and sophistication of Manchester but heard the wife talking about IKEA this morning :eek:

Back
Top Bottom