SOTD : Saturday 22nd January-Friday 28th January 2022.

E9BBAFC5-EA6B-4721-A9D9-4C2B9CF93224.jpeg
SOTD: 27/01/2022

Razor: Blackland Blackbird
Blade: Gillette Nacet, 1st use
Brush: Knothead Brush Works 26mm AP Shave Co. Synbad
Bowl: Captains Choice Copper Lather Bowl Standard Bowl
Preshave: PAA Cube Unscented Soap
Soap: Stirling Campania Puck
Aftershave: Stirling Campania EDT
Balm: L’Oréal All In 1 Moisturising Cream Balm
Additional Care: Osma Laboratoires Alum Block

My best lather yet from this lovely refreshingly citrus soap. I pushed the water soap mix ratio further than normal to find it a much slicker affair. One to note to myself in future especially as I think Stirling is still the soap I have most varieties of! The Blackbird was a gentle giant and the Synbad knot a delight.
A great shave to start the day.
All the best everyone.

Razor = Rockwell 6s ( 4 )
Blade = Personna Blue ( 1 )
Brush = Yaqi Cavern Lake 2 Band Badger
Soap = Catie’s Bubbles Eau De Th’e
with matching splash
Balm = A&E Unscented Rice Water
1ABF535A-EF99-42CE-B63B-9D3FC0287E20.jpeg
Absolutely wonderful shave today
The Soap was a bst buy for me and i like it a lot although scent strength could be better.
The blade i haven’t used for at least 2 years,
i didn’t like it then & i guess it’s ok ish
i know a lot of people like it but for me i’m not so keen even although my shave today was class.
Maybe it’s all in my head, but i did have a couple of small nicks which is something i don’t really get these days.
Over all a great 9/10 shave
Stay Safe Lads

27/01/2022

Razor: Merkur 37C
Blade: Gillette Shanghai Super Blue (1)
Brush: Yaqi Silvertip
Soap: ESC Natural

20220127_191957.jpg

I'm very pleasantly surprised at the Shanghai Blue. It mowed down 2 days growth with total ease whilst still maintaining the smooth feel of the 37C. These came free with an AliExpress Gillette razor so I wasn't expecting much. Let's see how shave #2 fares.

Prep: shower
Brush: Omega boar soaked in warm water for 5ish minutes
Blade: Gillette London Bridge
Razor: Razorback GC .84
Soap: Signature Soaps Wicstun
ASB: none
AS: Speick
Superb shave marred only by the Gillette London Bridge and razor combo. Sister in laws birthday today, dinner to cook and got to look smart.
Cheers Pete. Best Regards Brian

Google suggests Van der Hagen or Timor for your blade. I've never tried VDH, but Paul @Blademonkey gifted me some Timors last Spring and they were a superb blade :love:
This looks like my blade.

boker-safety-razor-blades-2.jpg

Fri 28 SOTD
Soap Smoking Monster Palace of Bliss New 1st Use
Brush Yaqi 24mm Freedom Synthetic
Razor Karve Brass OC-D
Blade Voskhod 1st
Aftershaves Stirling Witchhazel Orange Chill + Aqua Velva Musk
The soap base is good for sure...lather was really rich, creamy, and slick..the scent was quite Stout...hard to describe but like some type of rich food...interesting.
An awesomely enjoyable shave with this razor paired with the blade. Easy, smooth, and efficient in 3passes for a bbs finish. Good aftershaves.
20220128_133436.jpg

SOTD 28-Jan
20220124_112951.jpg
Brush: Cadman 30mm Tuxedo
Soap: Mammoth Santa Noir
Razor: Blackland Vector
Blade: Schick Proline P-30

Couple of days off the shave, had the booster on Monday and it knocked me, all good now barring a lingering headache. It did however lead to a decent amount of growth to scythe down, which the vector did in short order. Easy two pass for a smooth finish.

Hope everyone has a grand day and kick off to the weekend!

Cheers

Marc

View attachment 83541
Prep: Palmolive Olive Oil Soap
Soap: Wars Cream
Brush: 24mm Yaqi Sagrada Familia
Razor: Merkur 34C HD
Blade: Dorco Titan (2)

5am start for stock take, so a safe simple fresh setup required. All boxes ticked - now ready to recaffeinate and face the day :coffee::giggle:
Does the Wars AS match the cream? I have intended to buy it....but it is always out of stock.

Does the Wars AS match the cream? I have intended to buy it....but it is always out of stock.
@culcreuch , it's spot on to be honest. Maekup.uk seems in a state of flux currently - things showing out of stock on one screen but available on the next. And prices are weird - 45p to £1+ on the cream and the ASL has doubled too. Still not expensive, but possibly indicative of another site that's realised they can charge more on the back of an influx of orders from enabled UK shavers ;):ROFLMAO:

Back
Top Bottom