SOTD : Saturday 22nd January-Friday 28th January 2022.

As much as I rate Scotch whiskies above Irish (in general), the beverage (uisce beatha) most probably originates from Ireland (early XV ct., as mentioned in Annals of Clonmacnoise).
They only make the :poop: blended stuff to be fair.
Very difficult to find a good malt whisky in ireland.
Also the word Scotch was also invented by the Americans and dosent really exist in Whisky Land ;)
But hey i’ll drink it no matter what it’s called :love:

They only make the :poop: blended stuff to be fair.
Very difficult to find a good malt whisky in ireland.
Also the word Scotch was also invented by the Americans and dosent really exist in Whisky Land ;)
But hey i’ll drink it no matter what it’s called :love:

I like your positive approach :)

There are plenty of good s-malts in Éire but you'll have to look for them, whereas it's quite easy to get a fantastic malt from Alba.

Thursday January 27, 2022
Razor: Schick Imperial Set, "E" Injector
Blade: sChick
Brush: Sorrentino Orange Crush/Cashmere
Soap: ETHOS Dragonsbeard
AS 1: Humphrey's Alcoholado Maravilla 70
AS 2: ETHOS Dragonsbeard Skin Food Splash
Fragrance: ETHOS Dragonsbeard EDP
Consecutive Daily Shaves - # 1177

So I got this razor in a recent Lot Purchase hoping for another razor but the one I hunted ended up being a duplicate rather than a different model, so that one has been sold now. This though was an unexpected bonus in the Lot and I'm happy to add another E Injector to the stable in the Imperial Set Case. Not impossible to find but rarer than most cased examples. These were generally gifts apparently as most have a name engraved into the handle. Thanks "Zane Prize" for keeping this one in great shape. Off to a long work day today but will have tomorrow off to burn the hillside down as another slight dusting of snow is expected. Have a great day everyone !
IMG_20220126_212856970_HDR.jpg

27/01/22
Pre - Shower
Brush - Edwin Jagger Medium Best Badger
Soap - Lea Stick
Razor - Blackland Blackbird Brass
Blade - Voskhod Teflon coated (4)
Post - Cold water Rinse, TC's infused Witch Hazel
Balm - Baxter's / Argan Oil home mixed Balm
A/S - Geoffrey Beene Bowling Green
6b.png
4 and out for the Voskhod (wrong label in photo so photo-shopped - Professionally of course;)) It had just started to go off towards the end of the ATG pass.
The EJ brush when pre-soaked can be as floppy as a dachshund's lug so it just got a dip and shake before a face lather, this seems to work well for me, enough backbone with a bit scritch, it worked up the Lea stick in no time and held more than enough for the 2 pass shave.
The homemade Baxter's/Argan trial has come to and end and i will mix up another batch as this also works well, i will add some E-Oils to enhance it a bit.
All in All a nice shave that.
Stay safe and enjoy your day.

Last edited:
Prep: shower
Brush: Omega boar soaked in warm water for 5ish minutes
Blade: Gillette London Bridge
Razor: Razorback GC .84
Soap: Signature Soaps Wicstun
ASB: none
AS: Speick
Superb shave marred only by the Gillette London Bridge and razor combo. Sister in laws birthday today, dinner to cook and got to look smart.

Attachments

• 20220127_144410.jpg
    20220127_144410.jpg
    60.1 KB · Views: 5
Cheapo German razor
Unknown German blade
Vintage Rexall brush with a no longer available boar knot :cry:
Proraso
Arko

The most satisfying brush I own!
Beautiful smooth close shave.

100_3288.JPG

Who makes these? Sharp and smooth.

100_3286 (2).JPG

The cap on this razor is the heaviest part, it likes to stand on it's head.

100_3290.JPG

Cheapo German razor
Unknown German blade
Vintage Rexall brush with a no longer available boar knot :cry:
Proraso
Arko

The most satisfying brush I own!
Beautiful smooth close shave.

100_3288.JPG

Who makes these? Sharp and smooth.

100_3286 (2).JPG

The cap on this razor is the heaviest part, it likes to stand on it's head.

100_3290.JPG

May a cheaper Emir, Karl Engels. The logo is the same like this (https://picclick.it/Emir-Karl-Engels-Solingen-Art-Deco-142540203010.html) Emir has have some cheaper Razors like this (https://www.pinterest.de/pin/145522631694190109/)

Evening all,

Prep, flannel and hot water. TFS Rasozero Agrumella
Brush, Razorock Beehive
Razor, Razorock German 37 Slant
Blade, Lords Silver
Cream, Wars
A/S, Korsarz Arctic Blue

So a little more time in between shaves for “reasons”. Resulting in a little more work than normal but nowhere near Grizzly Adam’s level!

I think this helped to be honest.

The Wars cream lathers up really easily and smells very nice, a touch of the nerolis about it. Easy to apply, gives a nice lather and feel. Very slick.

I did a 3 way pass and it did take a bit of effort to get the angle / technique right. It’s been a while using a slant. So I was pleasantly surprised with the end results.

Although it took a little longer and more effort than other razors used recently. It’s a very nice and close shave. No weepers / cuts / irritation etc.

The Korsarz was nice as well. And was supplied via a very kind gesture by a credit to the forum who I have shares in his emporium!

Have a good evening all.

Best,

Ben

Attachments

• BB947A83-D29E-45E1-9FB6-20496E609941.jpeg
    BB947A83-D29E-45E1-9FB6-20496E609941.jpeg
    132.2 KB · Views: 7
Back
Top Bottom