SOTD : Saturday 22nd January-Friday 28th January 2022.

Friday 28th January

Maggard's 24mm Timberwolf - Kapo Classic - FaTip Lo Storto OC - Treet New Steel - Homme EDT

Differing work patterns have made me get lazy. Early starts and late finishes have resulted in me face lathering one of the many cheaper creams I own and using the Leaf. Results have been excellent but I still prefer using a more traditional razor when I can. The cheaper creams have performed just as well as anything else I have so I will continue that voyage of re-discovery for a little while.

3 passes for an excellent result:)

IMG_0400.jpg

I had almost forgotten I had a couple fo Mike's Natural Soaps, as they were tucked away at the bottom of my soap stacks. I'm going to be honest, they are not my favourites. This dry soap lime smells a little artificially sweet and has an aroma of floor polish about it too. I did manage to get a semi-decent lather from it but the wet scent is not strong at all. I like it but there are "better" lime soaps out there. Slickness was excellent however, as was the Rockwell.

Have a great weekend everyone!

Stay safe and enjoy your shaves.

Razor: Rockwell 6S
Blade: Feather (2)
Soap: Mike's Natural Soaps Lime
Brush: Simpson's Milk Churn BB
Pre-shave: Shower
Post-shave: Trumper's Lime Cologne
Bowl: Face Lather

28/01/22
Pre - Shower
Brush - Simpson Wee Scot
Soap - Palmolive stick / Maca Root Superlather
Razor - PILS 101 NL Hi Polished "Thor's Hammer"
Blade - Wizamet Super Iridium (5)
Post - Cold water Rinse, TC's infused Witch Hazel
Balm - Barts Balm Tester B
A/S - Barbour EDT
7.JPG
Another nice shave today with the PILS.
The repurposed glue-stick tube works a treat as a crayon and keeps the rest of the soap dry.
The "Wee" Brush just brings a smile to my face as it punches well above its size, It makes and holds enough lather easily for 2 pass and some touch up.
The blade holding up well and the razor, well it was brilliant.
Stay safe and enjoy your day all.

Friday January 28, 2022
Razor: Daisy Safety Razor
Blade: Heavily Modified Gem Blade
Brush: Jayaruh #303
Soap: ETHOS Vanilla Safi
AS 1: Humphrey's Alcoholado Maravilla 70
AS 2: Winter Reserve Small Batch Shave Tonic
Fragrance: ETHOS Dragonsbeard EDP
Consecutive Daily Shaves - # 1178

Well the RWNN Razor (Razor With No name) gets a name now as I found it accidentally in Waits Compendium. It is the Daisy Safety Razor with a patent applied for in 1906 and issued in 1911. It takes some heavy modifying of a Gem blade by removing the spin and using metal nips to narrow the width of the blade to fit. Comes out a snug fit but usable as this is the 2nd time I've used this razor. Mine may be an earlier make of it as my box does not have the name on it under the picture as seen in Waits' picture. Nor does mine have the engraving of the name on it as can be seen comparing Waits' pics versus mine. Only engraving on mine is "PAT NOV 14,1911" If this was marketed for women, I see why it didn't last. It's an aggressive razor for sure and I can't picture this doing well in the curve of their armpits. With care it can yield a smooth and comfortable shave which is what this morning was for me. Glad to have this piece of history in the den and need to do a video with it if I haven't yet..........Off to burn brush on the hillside today. Have a great day and weekend Everyone !
IMG_20220128_060725707_HDR.jpg
First 2 are Waits' Pictures and Second 2 are mine for comparison
IMG_20220128_072759734_HDR.jpgIMG_20220128_072815898_HDR.jpgIMG_20220128_073024200_HDR.jpgIMG_20220128_073036200_HDR.jpg

Last edited:
Friday January 28, 2022
Razor: Daisy Safety Razor
Blade: Heavily Modified Gem Blade
Brush: Jayaruh #303
Soap: ETHOS Vanilla Safi
AS 1: Humphrey's Alcoholado Maravilla 70
AS 2: Winter Reserve Small Batch Shave Tonic
Fragrance: ETHOS Dragonsbeard EDP
Consecutive Daily Shaves - # 1178

Well the RWNN Razor gets a name now as I found it accidentally in Waits Compendium. It is the Daisy Safety Razor with a patent applied for in 1906 and issued in 1911. It takes some heavy modifying of a Gem blade by removing the spin and using metal nips to narrow the width of the blade to fit. Comes out a snug fit but usable as this is the 2nd time I've used this razor. Mine may be an earlier make of it as my box does not have the name on it under the picture as seen in Waits' picture. Nor does mine have the engraving of the name on it as can be seen comparing Waits' pics versus mine. Only engraving on mine is "PAT NOV 14,1911" If this was marketed for women, I see why it didn't last. It's an aggressive razor for sure and I can't picture this doing well in the curve of their armpits. With care it can yield a smooth and comfortable shave which is what this morning was for me. Glad to have this piece of history in the den and need to do a video with it if I haven't yet..........Off to burn brush on the hillside today. Have a great day and weekend Everyone !
View attachment 83556
First 2 are Waits' Pictures and Second 2 are mine for comparison
View attachment 83557View attachment 83558View attachment 83559View attachment 83560
I need that brush in my life. I may need to add it to the approved list of 2022 purchases.

8A128277-6544-4F75-8F7E-7AE57EE25567.jpeg
SOTD: 28/01/2022

Razor: Yaqi Excalibur
Blade: Proshave S, 5th use
Brush: Shedeleven Spalted Scottish Hawthorn AP Shave Co G5C 26mm Fan
Preshave: PAA Cube Unscented Soap
Soap: Shannon’s Soaps Mars Puck
Aftershave: Shannon’s Soaps Mars Aftershave
Balm: Baxter Of California Aftershave Balm
Additional Care: Osma Laboratoires Alum Block

A lovely first lather from Shannon’s soap Mars. Lathered smooth and easily and smelt amazing. It definitely won’t be my last Shannon’s soap.
I keep going back to my Shedeleven brush as it’s just great to hold, light yet strong and fits my hand like a dream. The knot is ace too.
Weekends here guys!

Friday AM 2022-01-28
National Have Fun at Work Day
wN5RzVI.jpg

Rooney Stubby 2 Porcelain Finest (24/50)
Eufros Tobacco shaving soap (tallow)
Haircut & Shave P076-SB Copper/Triad Pineapple Brass
Wilkinson London Bridge (15)
Cigar Aficionado aftershave

I love the tobacco scent. I don't think it has anything to do with having been a smoker. More likely party of it is that it reminds me of lazy childhood Sundays spent in the L.A. County Museum of Natural History with my grandfather, who smoked Dunhill tobacco in his pipe. (No doubt someone would have a lot to say if a pipe was smoked in there these days. Butterscotch smell also reminds me of him because he sucked on the hard candy 'heart pills' after he quit smoking the pipe.)
U7OVtm3.jpg

Back
Top Bottom