SOTD : Saturday 22nd January-Friday 28th January 2022.

As much as I rate Scotch whiskies above Irish (in general), the beverage (uisce beatha) most probably originates from Ireland (early XV ct., as mentioned in Annals of Clonmacnoise).
They only make the blended stuff to be fair.
Very difficult to find a good malt whisky in ireland.
Also the word Scotch was also invented by the Americans and dosent really exist in Whisky Land
But hey i’ll drink it no matter what it’s called

I like your positive approach

There are plenty of good s-malts in Éire but you'll have to look for them, whereas it's quite easy to get a fantastic malt from Alba.

Thursday January 27, 2022
Razor: Schick Imperial Set, "E" Injector
Blade: sChick
Brush: Sorrentino Orange Crush/Cashmere
Soap: ETHOS Dragonsbeard
AS 1: Humphrey's Alcoholado Maravilla 70
AS 2: ETHOS Dragonsbeard Skin Food Splash
Fragrance: ETHOS Dragonsbeard EDP
Consecutive Daily Shaves - # 1177

So I got this razor in a recent Lot Purchase hoping for another razor but the one I hunted ended up being a duplicate rather than a different model, so that one has been sold now. This though was an unexpected bonus in the Lot and I'm happy to add another E Injector to the stable in the Imperial Set Case. Not impossible to find but rarer than most cased examples. These were generally gifts apparently as most have a name engraved into the handle. Thanks "Zane Prize" for keeping this one in great shape. Off to a long work day today but will have tomorrow off to burn the hillside down as another slight dusting of snow is expected. Have a great day everyone !

27/01/22
Pre - Shower
Brush - Edwin Jagger Medium Best Badger
Soap - Lea Stick
Razor - Blackland Blackbird Brass
Blade - Voskhod Teflon coated (4)
Post - Cold water Rinse, TC's infused Witch Hazel
Balm - Baxter's / Argan Oil home mixed Balm
A/S - Geoffrey Beene Bowling Green

4 and out for the Voskhod (wrong label in photo so photo-shopped - Professionally of course) It had just started to go off towards the end of the ATG pass.
The EJ brush when pre-soaked can be as floppy as a dachshund's lug so it just got a dip and shake before a face lather, this seems to work well for me, enough backbone with a bit scritch, it worked up the Lea stick in no time and held more than enough for the 2 pass shave.
The homemade Baxter's/Argan trial has come to and end and i will mix up another batch as this also works well, i will add some E-Oils to enhance it a bit.
All in All a nice shave that.
Stay safe and enjoy your day.

Last edited:
Prep: shower
Brush: Omega boar soaked in warm water for 5ish minutes
Blade: Gillette London Bridge
Razor: Razorback GC .84
Soap: Signature Soaps Wicstun
ASB: none
AS: Speick
Superb shave marred only by the Gillette London Bridge and razor combo. Sister in laws birthday today, dinner to cook and got to look smart.

Attachments

• 20220127_144410.jpg
    60.1 KB · Views: 5

May a cheaper Emir, Karl Engels. The logo is the same like this (https://picclick.it/Emir-Karl-Engels-Solingen-Art-Deco-142540203010.html) Emir has have some cheaper Razors like this (https://www.pinterest.de/pin/145522631694190109/)

Evening all,

Prep, flannel and hot water. TFS Rasozero Agrumella
Brush, Razorock Beehive
Razor, Razorock German 37 Slant
Blade, Lords Silver
Cream, Wars
A/S, Korsarz Arctic Blue

So a little more time in between shaves for “reasons”. Resulting in a little more work than normal but nowhere near Grizzly Adam’s level!

I think this helped to be honest.

The Wars cream lathers up really easily and smells very nice, a touch of the nerolis about it. Easy to apply, gives a nice lather and feel. Very slick.

I did a 3 way pass and it did take a bit of effort to get the angle / technique right. It’s been a while using a slant. So I was pleasantly surprised with the end results.

Although it took a little longer and more effort than other razors used recently. It’s a very nice and close shave. No weepers / cuts / irritation etc.

The Korsarz was nice as well. And was supplied via a very kind gesture by a credit to the forum who I have shares in his emporium!

Have a good evening all.

Best,

Ben

Attachments

• BB947A83-D29E-45E1-9FB6-20496E609941.jpeg
    132.2 KB · Views: 7