SOTD : Saturday 21th March to Friday 27th March 2021

Sunday SOTD

• Lea Stick (vegan formula)
• Simpson Trafalgar T3
• Razorock Hawk V3-A
• Kai Protouch MG (6)
• L'Oréal Birch Sap Balm
• Joop Homme EdT

I'm coming to the conclusion that guarded blades don't best suit my needs in the Hawk.
Extra work is needed with the Protouch MG to get the finish I want.
Proline P blades get the job done in a swifter manner, with almost parelelled comfort.

Is it just me, or does non tallow Lea soap make a mess of the wash basin?
I don't recall the tallow version leaving a soap scum the same?

No photo today - have some Rod on me . . .

Single Edge Sunday

Razor: Yaqi Katana
Blade: Gillette Platinum ½ (2)
Brush: Omega Connaught 011842
Soap&AS: Tabac

sotd_239.jpg

Stonker of a shave last night/ early morning.
Prep: warm shower then Proraso pre shave cream.
Razor: Rockwell 6S R6/ R5/ R4
Blade: Gillette London Bridge #2
Soap: Signature Soaps Hibernia
Brush: Omega Boar
ASB: Proraso senstive .
Nearly 3 days stubble mown down. Didn't chase BBS finish but got it any way. Woke up this morning stubble free 8 hours later.
Thinking of buying a new scent -Caron pour Homme - but being a young man of 58 (!!) wondering if getting a classic after shave created in 1934 may be a sign that I'm losing or have genuinely lost it -plus some of the reviews on the tinternet aren't exactly glowing . Stay safe. Enjoy the rest of the weekend.

Razor - Gillette Slim Adjustable ( #.....all over the place)
Blade - Gillette 7 O clock Super Stainless (2)
Soap - Stirling Barbershop
Brush - EJ Synthetic
Post - Lea balm

Going to try to work my way through a few soap samples the next while.
First time with a Stirling soap and I really love the powdery barbershop scent. The performance was great but for me anyway, I still find Signature Soaps or even the Mogno a little nicer......they at least lathered up a little nicer, for my tastes anyway :censored:Saying that I've got a few more samples to try and I am really impressed by the scent strength!

I'm also still fiddling around with settings on the slim a bit, trying to find what I like most but it is a very smooth shaver, and I'm loving it so far.

SqaEOOG.jpg

Prep: Valobra Glycerlanolina soap, Myrsol Emulsion
Brush: P&C LE 2020 Matilda Rhodium 2-band Silvertip
Soap: Cold River Soap Works Glide Colonia Mediterranea
Razor: Wolfman WR1
Blade: Vintage NOS London Bridge (1)
Scent:TOBS Eton College

Very nice classic cologne scent from the CRSW Glide soap. As usual, the lather was very slick. A very light touch is required with the London Bridge/Wilkie vintage blade; the rewards being a very close and comfortable shave.

SoTd
First run out on my little Timor freshly honed by @Fergiebilly it certainly has a very keen edge and is very smooth it cut through the hair like a knife though butter, I enjoyed it that much I’ve spent the last 3 hours trying to clean up every crack and cranny the best I could..it really has come out very nice the spine is looking great ! Really pleased with it thank you Billy it’s a lovely little shaver with a fantastic edge..a pleasure to shave with ! Have added a few pics of the clean up tooEDBC0137-B69B-43D5-A5FF-760FAA7704B4.jpegCA54DAEF-BFCE-4790-A5D9-10227C930FF2.jpeg4517EBB7-2A1A-4BCF-AFF4-24942210E38E.jpeg7D94D612-6707-40D2-9D6A-B22D06A15668.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom