AS: Floid blue
AS Balm: Zingari Man The Wanderer

16-A87-B5-F-5-D1-A-4560-A77-A-88-A2600122-DF.jpg

Best Regards
Marco

20th March 2021.
View attachment 66710
Shave of the day.

Razor - Koraat 2.0 - 14, Sunburst custom scales.
Soap - Valobra Stick
Brush - Oak handled Barber's silvertip
Post - Taylor's - A Gentleman's Aftershave Lotion

View attachment 66709

An exceptional shave from my Koraat 2.0-14 who's Sunburst scales can light up the most overcast of mornings. :)

Until the next time, stay safe and well.

Paul.
Now I’m getting jealous is it only me that doesn’t yet own a Korrat haha will have to be putting that right..absolutely stunning Paul

image.jpg
Pre: hot shower, proraso green refreshing
Brush: yaqi 24mm purple haze - face lathering
Soap: goodfellas smile - pino alpestre
Razor: Rockwell 6s R4
Blade: Tiger #3

Nice Saturday evening shave - face lathering yet again. 10 seconds load of the soap provided plenty of lather, however after using some other soaps this one seems way less cushiony. Definitely does take a lot of water too!
scent wise - I love it! Literally smells the same as when picking up a pine cone in forest and smelling it!
Blade was on its third outing , and had a bit of tugging . Seems like this one is okay for two 3pass shaves for me. It was doable however not too comfortable . For me this blade is definitely below Astra SP.
nice 3 pass shave with some touch ups. DFS++ achieved with no errors, and finished off with brut AS.
Also started making some ranking notes regarding the blades, so my memory doesn’t fail me lol!

SOTD : 21st March 2021.

66.jpg

Shaving Recipe For the day.

Prep: Warm shower:/Nivea Men DEEP CLEAN Shower Gel.

Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face.
Cien ~ PURE Fragrance Free Sensitive Bar Soap + Nuage Menthol shaving Oil.
Brush: Semogue 1305.
Bowl Lather.
Tesco's Ceramic 'Cosmo' Side Bowl.
Lather: Bath House ~ Spanish Fig & Nutmeg shaving soap.
Blade: Lord Platinum Class.(D2)
Razor: 1950's Gillette Ball End Tech. (US)

Cold water face wash with brush squeezings, Cold Water Face Rinse. /Homemade (~Spring/Summer mix~) Lemon, Eucalyptus, Tea Tree, Essential Oils. 3 menthol crystals Mixed Together With of 200ml Care+Witch Hazel./Aloe Vera Gel./ Brut ~ Splash-On-Lotion.

Greetings,

A relaxing Sunday morning shave...My vintage Gillette ball end tech performed wonderfully and paired together with the Lord Platinum Class resulting in a enjoyable 3 pass + pick ups Close comfortable Sunday morning shave with no errors to report...Finishing the shave off with generous splash of Brut ~ Splash-On-Lotion.

My face is feeling silky smooth & smelling divine.;)

Stay safe, and enjoy Sunday ladies & gentlemen.:cool:

Sun 21 SOTD
Soap Stirling SandPiper
Brush DS Cosmetics 26mm Badger
Razor Gillette British RFB
Blade Tatra Platinum 2nd use
Post & Aftershave Ice Water + Thayers + Hyaluronic + Aqua Velva Ice Blue
A wonderful consistent scent from the soap...somehow abit stronger compare to 1st use. Good quality too...really love this scent!
Shave with favorite vintage OC razor paired with the blade was perfect! Easy, smooth, comfortable, and efficient in 3passes for a mostly BBS result without issues. This and the New SC is my fav OC vintage. Satisfying aftershaves on an oven-hot day.
20210320_221633.jpg
20210321_111245.jpg

21/03/2021

Razor: Blackland Tradere
Blade: Personna Med Prep (1)
Brush: Blackland Brush
Soap: PAA Doppelganger
Pre: Proraso Blue
ASL: OSP Urban Viking
ASB: None
Scent: Dior Sauvage

IMG_20210321_074450.jpg

This Blackland brush is a great little brush. Fits well in my hand and helped to create more than enough lather.

I used the Tradere with a Med Prep today following Tony's recommendation. Wow - super smooth. What a different shave to the Nacet. There was nothing wrong with the previous shaves but this combination works very well.

Todays Shave Kit Sunday 21th March 2021

Shave Score 9.75/10.0

PreShave: Hot Shower
PreShave Cream: Proraso Refreshing
Soap: Saponificio Varesino Dolomiti di Sicilia
Brush: Yaqi 24mm - Sagrada Familia Tuxedo
Razor: RR Lupo
Blade: Polsilver Super Iridium (1) - Thanks to @Boycie83 and the sampler of different blades he sent me :)
Post Shave ASL: Southern Witchcrafts - Lycanthropy
Post Shave Balm: LEA 3 in 1
Post Shave Cologne: Penhaligons - Cairo

First outing on a Polsilver, on a Lupo, a very efficient blade IMHO, no nicks, no burn :)

Another first, tried an all cold water shave, very pleasantly surprised by how my face feels almost straight away after the shave was done and the ASL and Balm applied. It felt like I had shaved hours ago (minus the stubble) ie my face didnt feel like it had to settle down for an hour or two afterwards, its really quite hard to explain.

I will be trying a cold water shave again tomorrow.

Have a great Sunday !

Joe.

80C9A3F8-15F2-4C94-85EB-61A9619FF49B.jpeg

163305983_188207379513070_5204452693517391450_n.jpg
Prep: Shower, Palmolive Olive Oil Soap
Pre: None
Soap: D R Harris Rose (from Newbie Box)
Brush: Multicolour DS Cosmetics handle with 26mm Ubersoft knot
Razor: Gillette Tech
Blade: Gillette Winner (2)

Pick-me-up shave after the disappointment of the loss to France yesterday evening! I thought I'd give the Winner a run through a Gillette and as expected it performed well. The Parker has me used to a bit of weight behind my shave now though, and the Tech does feel totally different. Aptly, I'm now off to tidy up the garden, smelling of roses :giggle:

21/03/21
Pre: Shower
Brush: Semogue SOC TAJ
Soap: Signature Soap Vectis
Razor: Blackland Dart
Blade: Gillette 7o'C Black (3)
Post shave: Cold water Rinse, TC's infused Witch Hazel
Balm: TC's Orange and Neroli E45/Argan Oil Balm
Aftershave: Pinaud Gents Gin
P3210010.JPG
A nice relaxed Sunday morning cold water shave, no rushing around today.
A wonderful scented lather today from the Signature soap, sharpness of the Grapefruit to the fore at the start mellowing to the lavender.
The TAJ Boar working up a really nice slick lather in the bowl, i also worked it on my face and was quite surprised at how the brush felt, much softer than i was expecting, plenty of scritch without it being too rough, very nice.
1st run out of my new Dart, i sold on my last one and regretted it. I took my time this morning and the cold water definitely help the shave along. 2 slow and comfortable passes WTG then a XTG/ATG mix, i was wary around my chin cleft as the last Dart always felt as if it was going to "dig in", this time, no such feeling. Very happy so far, i may change the blade for the next shave as i can easily get 4 shaves from the 7o'C SP, although i don't want to spoil the next shave, not sure yet.
A nice post shave finishing with the Gents Gin setting me up for the day.
Stay safe and enjoy your day All.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom