SOTD : Saturday 21th March to Friday 27th March 2021

Sotd-20-03-21.jpg

This afternoon - apart from the razor - keeping it Spanish.

Carlos Ruiz Zafon - La Toja Magno soap
Miguel de Cervantes - Gillette Slim (4)
Bernal Diaz del Castillo - Nacet (2)
Ibn Rushd - Epsilon unbleached horse
Felix Lope de Vega - La Toja stick
Moses ben Maimon - witch hazel
Frederico Garcia Lorca - La Toja Manantiales splash
Francisco de Quevedo - La Toja Neutro balm - alcohol free
Isidore de Seville - Gotas Frescas cologne.

Todo bueno. Given the cost of the software - a stupidly good shave. Unfortunately the Manantiales splash is long
deceased - La Toja still use the brand but only for canned foam, bar soap and deodorant these days - they used to
produce a very well regarded hard soap with the same name but I haven't seen that in over a decade. The packaging
was unusual - a glazed clay jar sealed with a cork stopper. I'm careful to comb out the Epsilon after use - as I
have found horse hair can be prone to 'donutting' of the knot - not so much a problem with the dense Epsilon but it has
been an issue with other Vie-Long brushes I own. Breaking in horse knots is a pain though - it requires lots of
patience and no sense of smell. Worth it though In my opinion - they are superb for face lathering, being a good blend
of softness and resilience. This one is 35% mane and 65% tail hair. So - a great shave - I wish the same to you all. Cheers - I.

Saturday AM 2021-03-20
Spring Equinox
KbqcsbM.jpg

Rooney Polo 1 Ivory Finest (24/54)
Martin de Candre shaving soap (+ Coate's Lavender shaving cream)
Haircut & Shave P075-SB Mixed Metal Black/Tibam Aristocrat Brass
Gillette Super Stainless 'Spoiler' (2)
Armani Acqua di Giò aftershave

The Coate's cream balances well the somewhat heavy, dark lavender of the soap. The razor and blade were very smooth and efficient, although the Tibam handle is heavy and a bit too long at 100mm for my taste. And the aftershave is a very nice touch of spring on this day.
lY3JUpB.jpg

Saturday 20th March

ACtC-3fiQXoGH2XKhKQw8zq-a9peUMxEQ1Dhf4-6RVV7zqinTBI0MKXZd8m9t-shXFhqghr6ETIWYZprQAG0aJ6bCnt2Dp6JINNGxtD3Ls6n3b_67fkI27I9vBt3tXleHNsg9W-AFZK68m87kuaeS7Nus8iuLw=w800

French Pink Clay & Charcoal Face Soap
TFS Professional Shaving Soap
Semogue SOC Taj (Boar)
Gillette Hybrid Tech w/RazoRock Radio Handle
Gillette 7 O'Clock Super Platinum (2)
Pinaud Clubman Musk Aftershave Cologne

Cor! That was a classy shave! Arguably, India's best blade in probably Gillette's finest Tech. The blade came out of the blocks yesterday not quite warmed up, but that first shave stropped it off perfectly and today it was both sharp and super-smooth. Yeah! Classy!

Much thanks to @Pontormo for the TFS soap. Great revisiting a soap I tried three or four years ago, enjoyed and moved on without thinking it through. Very happy to have this one back in my house.

20210320_160812.jpg
SOTD 20th March
Brush - Yaqi Sagrada Familia- ever dependable
Soap - TDS Juniper (I think!) - excellent performance but scent not for me.
Razor - Star Model 100 - in my Top 3 razors - unassuming excellent
Blade - Rapira Super Stainless #2 - very smooth and better than the first shave.
Post - Brut AS and L'Oréal Hydra Sensitive Birch Sap

Really nice shave today. Soap was very kindly forwarded by @MerchantSeaman and I was impressed. Easy to get a lather, slick, takes a fair bit of water and nice post shave feel. The scent is not for me, but that shouldn't take away from a great performing soap.
3 passes for an easy DFS.
Stay safe people and enjoy your weekends.

Saturday 20th March

ACtC-3fiQXoGH2XKhKQw8zq-a9peUMxEQ1Dhf4-6RVV7zqinTBI0MKXZd8m9t-shXFhqghr6ETIWYZprQAG0aJ6bCnt2Dp6JINNGxtD3Ls6n3b_67fkI27I9vBt3tXleHNsg9W-AFZK68m87kuaeS7Nus8iuLw=w800

French Pink Clay & Charcoal Face Soap
TFS Professional Shaving Soap
Semogue SOC Taj (Boar)
Gillette Hybrid Tech w/RazoRock Radio Handle
Gillette 7 O'Clock Super Platinum (2)
Pinaud Clubman Musk Aftershave Cologne

Cor! That was a classy shave! Arguably, India's best blade in probably Gillette's finest Tech. The blade came out of the blocks yesterday not quite warmed up, but that first shave stropped it off perfectly and today it was both sharp and super-smooth. Yeah! Classy!

Much thanks to @Pontormo for the TFS soap. Great revisiting a soap I tried three or four years ago, enjoyed and moved on without thinking it through. Very happy to have this one back in my house.
Is that a book on the Bauhaus or just Mies?

Back
Top Bottom