Saturday

Le Pere Lucien Cèdre et Patchouli
RazoRock Disrupter 22mm synth
Face lather
Ever Ready ‘Streamline’
Gem SS PTFE
Thayer’s Rose Petal and Aloe Vera
Men’s Master Professional after shave

A sublime 2 pass shave with the Big Gun this morning. Presently, I’ll be taking advantage of unseasonably warm weather north of the border for a constitutional.

4FFC63AD-F7A6-41F8-8685-F43F5EFD25B5.jpeg

20/03/21
Straight Shave Saturday
Pre: Cold water face wash
Brush: Silver Birch Brushes - Blue Resin 26mm Silvertip
Soap: Signature Soap Valentia
Razor: Osborne, Garrett & Co Ltd 1899 - 1923. The Kropp 6/8th #2 / Gold Dollar 66
Edge by: Andrew @Shavers Delights / Tony'schin
Post shave: Cold water Rinse, TC's infused Witch Hazel
Balm: Barts Balm Amber and Moroccan Jasmine Balm & Lotion
Aftershave: Signature Soap Valentia
P3200003.JPG
Well, a very strange morning, up very early so I got the Naniwa Hones out to put a new edge on a Gold Dollar, made a coffee and set about doing the razor. It was a struggle to remove the original edge without removing too much of the blade but i eventually got an acceptable bevel set then took it through 3K, 5K, 8k finishing on the 12K, as i was cleaning up Mrs TC was rising and shouted down "check the boiler, no hot water!" Yip, the boilers on the blink. had to wait until 9ish to contact the engineer, fantastic, he came within 10 mins. Not an easy fix, parts to order - Monday.
So a forced cold water shave today!
A wonderful face lather with the fantastic Signature soaps Valentia and the SBB wall of badger.
I gave the new razor a trial few strokes to check it, it works very well for me, finishing most of the 2 pass shave routine with my #2 Kropp, and very nice it was too, both edges feeling quite similar, happy with that.
A very nice post shave leaving me with a comfortable DFS++ finish, feeling a bit more fresh, although i am not looking forward to my cold shower Brrrrr!
Stay safe and enjoy your day All

Last edited:
Arko Man.jpg

20/03/21

Razor - Ball End Tech
Blade - Lancet Advance Platinum (5)
Soap - Arko Stick
Brush - Omega 11819
Post - Lea AS
AS - Benjamin's Bay Rum

Ah, look at the Arko man with his smiling face and his bountiful face full of lather! Ah the delightful pleasure of a brand new stick of Arko.
I'm a fan of shaving sticks and this is first time using Arko in the stick form but it's a soap I am very familiar with, I've been the puck for many years which I bought from a Turkish Supermarket.

I'd read the stick is quite a bit softer than the puck, and I've read the stick is one of the softer ones around, but mine was fairly firm on it's first use, maybe down to it sitting at the back of my cupboard for a few months? It was definitely firmer than my Tabac shaving stick, but easy enough to face load. Whilst I was building the lather it was fairly evident I'd not loaded enough soap and my lather was a little lacking in cushion but was hydrated enough to let the blade do it's job.

5th shave with the LAP blade, and it wasn't as sharp as it was and it wasn't removing my stubble with a huge amount of efficiency but at the end of 2 passes and clean ups, the results were great, a close and comfortable shave.

I'm really liking the Lea Balm so far, seems to have the edge on the Nivea ones I'd been using for years.

Have a good weekend gents.

20/03/21
Pre: Cold water face wash
Brush: Silver Birch Brushes - Blue Resin 26mm Silvertip
Soap: Signature Soap Valentia
Razor: Osborne, Garrett & Co Ltd 1899 - 1923. The Kropp 6/8th #2 / Gold Dollar 66
Edge by: Andrew @Shavers Delights / Tony'schin
Post shave: Cold water Rinse, TC's infused Witch Hazel
Balm: Barts Balm Amber and Moroccan Jasmine Balm & Lotion
Aftershave: Signature Soap Valentia
View attachment 66741
Well, a very strange morning, up very early so I got the Naniwa Hones out to put a new edge on a Gold Dollar, made a coffee and set about doing the razor. It was a struggle to remove the original edge without removing too much of the blade but i eventually got an acceptable bevel set then took it through 3K, 5K, 8k finishing on the 12K, as i was cleaning up Mrs TC was rising and shouted down "check the boiler, no hot water!" Yip, the boilers on the blink. had to wait until 9ish to contact the engineer, fantastic, he came within 10 mins. Not an easy fix, parts to order - Monday.
So a forced cold water shave today!
A wonderful face lather with the fantastic Signature soaps Valentia and the SBB wall of badger.
I gave the new razor a trial few strokes to check it, it works very well for me, finishing most of the 2 pass shave routine with my #2 Kropp, and very nice it was too, both edges feeling quite similar, happy with that.
A very nice post shave leaving me with a comfortable DFS++ finish, feeling a bit more fresh, although i am not looking forward to my cold shower Brrrrr!
Stay safe and enjoy your day All
Sorry to hear about the boiler, Tony. When it’s fixed, I’d recommend sticking with the cold water for shaves, though.

Day of many firsts
Morning shave today was a 1st for a few items my first use of PAA also first use of a polsilver blade and my first use of the D plate on my Karve and first use of my Giles shaving bowl .

Had about 2 weeks worth of growth first pass felt a bit rough with there being heavy growth but 2nd and 3rd pass felt really good and a very close shave also the the scent on the chocolate bourbon is amazing and the lather and slickness of the soap is very good very impressed 20210320_112850.jpg20210320_112526.jpg20210320_112427.jpg20210320_112310.jpg20210320_112141.jpg20210320_111014.jpg20210320_110943.jpg20210320_110926.jpg20210320_110513.jpg

Pre shave: cube
Blade: polsilver
Brush: Alpha
Bowl: Giles shaving co pedestal bowl
Razor: Karve stainless SB-D
Soap: PAA chocolate bourbon CK6
Aftershave: chocolate bourbon
Alum bloc
Balm: chocolate bourbon Aftershave jelly

Good afternoon men

Soap - Stirling Frozen Tundra
Brush - Maseto Badger
Razor - Muhle R89
Blade - Sputnik #5
Post - Barts Peppermint Oil
Splash - Floid
Sounds - White Lines, Grandmaster Flash (for my younger viewers this song is all about the British Road Markings Industry, nothing else I promise).

47F29D38-EFB4-486A-BC31-83E59893E0AA.jpeg
An excellent shave today, no dramas, weepers, irritations, nowt.

Stay safe fellas

Last edited:
Sorry to hear about the boiler, Tony. When it’s fixed, I’d recommend sticking with the cold water for shaves, though.

I’d recommend sticking with the cold water for shaves, though...I second that! (y)

Cheers Stephen & Barry,
I started having a cold water facewash after my shower, then a cold water shave, my skin does appreciate it more, especially with the more aggressive razors, i may well continue with it.
T

Sat 20th March

Stirling Syn 26mm
P & B Spitfire
Gem Junior 1912
Gem S/S ( 1 )
P & B Spitfire A/S splash

For some reason I have missed this Razor from rotations for too long. I think it could well be my best 1912 though I have been favouring my Bathroom Set. Today even with a fresh blade the Shave was smooth and I had no problems getting a nice closely round finish. Either this Razor ot The B.Room set will feature in future rotations.

3A74FFEA-863B-423D-8F59-EC34782D73E7.jpeg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom