SOTD : Saturday 21th March to Friday 27th March 2021

Sat 20th SOTD
Soap LaToja Stick
Brush Yaqi 24mm Ruby Tuxedo
Razor Gillette Red Tip A3
Blade SilverStar 2nd
Post & Aftershaves Ice Water + Thayers + Hyaluronic + Cella Milano
Excellent quality soap. Rich, creamy, and slick with a mild pleasant scent.
Shave with razor paired with the blade with a shim was very good. Smooth and comfortable for 3passes for a mostly bbs to dfs result with 2 micro red spots.
20210320_095417.jpg

SOTD : 20th March 2021.

65.jpg

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/Nivea Men DEEP CLEAN Shower Gel.

Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face.
Cien ~ PURE Fragrance Free Sensitive Bar Soap + Nuage Menthol shaving Oil.
Brush: Semogue 830.
Face Lather.
Lather: Tabac Original Shaving Soap.
Blade : Lord Platinum Class.(D1)
Razor: 1940's Thin Handle Gillette Flat Bottom Tech. (ENG)

Cold water face wash with brush squeezings, Cold Water Face Rinse. /Homemade (~Spring/Summer mix~) Lemon, Eucalyptus, Tea Tree, Essential Oils. 3 Menthol crystals Mixed Together With 200ml of Care+Witch Hazel./Aloe Vera Gel./Tabac Original ASL.

Greetings,

A new shave set up to start the weekend...Continuing my month using Lord blades...The Lord Platinum Class blade are smooth and consistent very much like Personna labs in sharpness...I feel as though all the Lord blades I have used over the last few weeks could possibly be the same blade re-packaged giving different names & covers for selling purposes....However, the Silver Star feels more efficient than the Asco Super Stainless.,& Lord Platinum Class, this however could be down to the choice of razor?...As always reviews & opinions are very subjective...What is important is all the blades have been consistent with no dulling or dragging issues to cause irritation or cuts while shaving.

A enjoyable 3 pass + pickups close comfortable /near BBS shave with no errors to report...Finishing the shave off a with a generous splash of Tabac Original ASL.

My face is feeling smooth cool, & smelling divine.;)

Stay safe, and enjoy the start of the weekend ladies & gentlemen.:cool:

Last edited:
Today's shave:

rdt210320i1jxw.jpg

- Castle Forbes Cedar-/Sandalwood
- SOC/Oumo SHD Manchurian
- Mühle CC with Haryali handle and Sputnik blade
- Ombia Sport aftershave

:)

Speaking of Butterscotch-y Semogue handles: DID YOU KNOW that I'm currently looking for a very specific brush? So, if you happen to be the owner of a bright orange limited edition Semogue brush you could see yourself exchanging for some cold, hard cash*, please let me direct you attention to this thread...

* electronic transfer only, no actual physical currency will be involved

Saturday 20th March
Jayaruh 289 - OSP Spice Road original prototype formula - Canadian Schick E3 - NOS UK Personna Super Stainless Platinum Coated #1 - Old Spice A/S - Aloe Vera Gel
iAepqsv.jpg

I have very little left of this Spice Road prototype originally produced by James Riley back in 2015. It's a fabulous match to Old Spice and is my all time favourite OSP scent, period. The scent is nothing like the commercial version which has a stronger anise scent. I'll be very sad when it's no more.
The NOS Personna blades I used in the E3 were a generous gift from Mike @mpf9ret. They were sharp, smooth, and performed brilliantly.

Todays Shave Kit Saturday 20th March 2021

Shave Score 8.75/10.0

PreShave: Hot Shower
PreShave Cream: Proraso Refreshing
Soap: Extro - Felce Biancospino
Brush: Yaqi 24mm - Purple Haze
Razor: Merkur Progress 500 (3.5, 3.5, 3.5)
Blade: Gillette Silver Blue (1) - Thanks to @Boycie83 and the sampler of different blades he sent me :)
Post Shave ASL: Proraso Green ASL
Post Shave Balm: LEA 3 in 1
Post Shave Cologne: Geoffrey Beene - Bowling Green

First outing on a Gillette Silver Blue, lovely efficient shave, next time I’ll stick to 3.0 on all passes, 3.0 seems to definitely be the sweet spot on most blades for me on the Merkur Progress not 3.5

Have a great Saturday !

Joe.

20th March 2021.
IMG_20210320_080149_3~5.jpg
Shave of the day.

Razor - Koraat 2.0 - 14, Sunburst custom scales.
Soap - Valobra Stick
Brush - Oak handled Barber's silvertip
Post - Taylor's - A Gentleman's Aftershave Lotion

IMG_20210320_081025_0~3.jpg

An exceptional shave from my Koraat 2.0-14 who's Sunburst scales can light up the most overcast of mornings. :)

Until the next time, stay safe and well.

Paul.

Saturday, 20 March 2021

PreShave: Warm to hot water—most from the boiled kettle, some from the tap
Cream: GFT Eucris
Brush: Kent BK8
Bowl: My recycled T&H cream bowl
Razor: Merkur 39C
Blade Astra sp (1)
Post Shave: Alum

Fragrance: Eucrus

For my Saturday setup I switched to the Mekur slant—hadn’t used it for a while (almost a year), so I though it was time to dig it out. A bit of a change to the Saturday set up. It was a nice slow and relaxing way to start the morning. Have a good weekend, folks.

20210320_085320.jpg

Prep: Shower, Palmolive Olive Oil Soap
Pre: Proraso Green
Soap: Proraso Green
Brush: Omega 49 Boar
Razor: Parker R22 Interceptor
Blade: Gillette Winner (1)

Off with the kids for a walk before the rugby triple-header this afternoon, so another utilitarian shave today. I love Proraso and Brut as an everyday combo, and it did the job today. First time with a boar brush for a while - I think it got tainted by the wool fat soap, and I associated it with an unpleasant smell and shave, but the Proraso was perfect for it, and I shall bring it back into rotation. First time using a Winner blade (hopefully will be appropriate when we kick off at 8pm!) and it was everything I hoped. Really clean shave, and one to add to the nice list.

Enjoy your day gents :giggle:

Pre-shave:- Cold Shower
Bowl/Scuttle:- Captain's Choice
Brush:- Semogue SOC 2 Band Finest Badger in Ash Wood 24/53mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Noble Otter ~ Northern Elixir
Razor/Blade:- Muhle Rocca R94 / Gillette Stainless (red & white pack) #18 ... finished
Post/After-shave:- T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent mixed into the 240ml bottle with Invite E High Potency Pure Oil (10 drops), Natural Plant Glycerin (20) & Tea Tree Oil Antiseptic (5)
Fragrance:- Burberry London for Men

Back
Top Bottom