SOTD : Saturday 21th March to Friday 27th March 2021

Todays Shave Kit Monday 22nd March 2021

Shave Score 9.80/10.0

PreShave: Hot Shower
PreShave Cream: Proraso Refreshing
Soap: Signature Soaps - Britannia (Aniseed, Spearmint & Peppermint)
Brush: Yaqi 24mm - Sagrada Familia Tuxedo
Razor: RR Lupo
Blade: Polsilver Super Iridium (2) - Thanks to @Boycie83
Post Shave ASL: Speick Men
Post Shave Balm: LEA 3 in 1
Post Shave Cologne: Bowling Green

Second outing on this Polsilver, on a Lupo, no nicks, no burn.
p.s. I know these are harder to find than rocking horse poop, but enjoying the blade anyway :)

Second shave with an all cold water shave, it just gets better and better, I'm now used to the extra tug feel when going ATG, but still very easy to get the job done.
Now I'll be honest here, this is the very first time I've not been able to feel even the slightest stubble anywhere, half an hour later, my face feels cool and not in the least bit irritated.

I am converted to cold water shaving now.

ps. major props to @BrianH on the Britannia soap, it's amazing, (I am a big fan of the 3 main ingredients), even lathers up great with icy cold water.

Now I can go ahead and order an ASL for this one and Danum :)

Have a great week all.

Joe.

View attachment 66845
It’s one of my favourites too. All we now need to do is to get @Satanfriendly yo join the Aniseed Club!

MONDAY ‌03/22/21 SOTD

DGMd0XK.jpg

Gillette ‘32 New SC Gold Common Bar / Rapira Platinum Lux
APShaveCo. 24mm Mixed Badger/Boar Summer Handle
Groming Dept. Amare - Kairos + Lamb Tallow
Prospectors Classic Aftershave Splash

22/03/21

Razor - Yaqi DOC
Blade - Voskhod (3)
Soap - Arko Stick
Brush - Omega 11819
Post - Lea 0%
AS - Benjamin's Bay Rum

I always find the 2nd or 3rd shave with a Vosk to be when the blade performs at it's best, performed beautifully with the Yaqi DOC today. A very nice and comfortable 2 pass shave, with my face feeling great at the end of the shave. The Lea 0% is excellent, somewhere between a balm and a splash.

My Omega 11819 wasn't performing that well recently, so I cleaned it out with a bit of hot water and citric acid and it did the job, the bristles are lot more supple. One of the things I really like about Omega boars is how they change over time, my 11819 after a 100+ shaves on it is now is very soft and doesn't have much backbone but it's very pleasing to use.

Have a good start to the week gents.

SOTD 22nd March

First post on here and only 2nd attempt with a straight that was actually Shave Ready20210322_130027.jpg!

Prep:
Warm shower with Mr Bear Family Face Scrub

Pre:
Oil Can Grooming Shave Oil
Mitchell's Wool Fat Shaving Soap

Razor: Thiers Arminius

Cold water wash followed by Alum (clearly I was a little more cavalier my second time out...tingle), another cold water wash followed finally by Village Barber Shaving Balm.

Find the oil works well with my standard DE setup but think I might give it a miss the next time with the straight or look at Proraso prep.

Have a good one all!

Mon 22nd March

RR 400. SE-Plissoft noir
Arko Stick-grated
Gem Junior-1912
GEM S/S [ 2 ]
Tuff Red A/S Lotion

I was very surprised at todays Shave, it was rather harsh and unpleasant. I missed a day so I had Two days growth, and would expect this Razor/Blade combo to have no problems especially as the blade is quite fresh.Not at all happy with the quality of the finish, which I cut short as I did not want prolong the Shave.

IMG_1381.jpg

SOTD 22nd March

First post on here and only 2nd attempt with a straight that was actually Shave ReadyView attachment 66855!

Prep:
Warm shower with Mr Bear Family Face Scrub

Pre:
Oil Can Grooming Shave Oil
Mitchell's Wool Fat Shaving Soap

Razor: Thiers Arminius

Cold water wash followed by Alum (clearly I was a little more cavalier my second time out...tingle), another cold water wash followed finally by Village Barber Shaving Balm.

Find the oil works well with my standard DE setup but think I might give it a miss the next time with the straight or look at Proraso prep.

Have a good one all!
Glad you are getting along with the little french straight @RussellR5555 put a beautiful edge on it for me it’s a lovely little shaver..was in 2 minds to part with it but as my collection is ever growing and it’s gone somewhere where it’s going to be enjoyed I’m pleased with that. Hope you have many more great shaves to come with it ! Nice to see you posting in the SoTd’s

IMG_20210322_110423-01.jpeg

I was so impressed with my the last shave from my Giesen & Forsthoff 1353, I decided to give it another immediate run out. Again, I was not disappointed. This is a one of those razors that you just take to from the off. BBS and with only one tiny nickette on the chin from the Feather.

As the Fitjar Fjellheim has a nice juniper and citrus scent, the Bart’s Lime Balm matched it really well.

Nice :)

Stay safe and enjoy your shaves.

Razor: Giesen & Forsthoff Timor 1353
Blade: Feather (3)
Soap: Fitjar Fjellheim
Brush: Simpson’s Milk Churn BB
Pre-shave: PAA Cube
Post-shave: Bart’s Lime Balm & Trumper’s Lime Cologne
Bowl: Shower. shave face lather

Back
Top Bottom