SOTD : Saturday 21st August to Friday 27th August 2021

Thur 26th August

The Grosvenor [ 404 mixed ]
Monsavon au Lait
Yaqi Raster V2
Schick Proline [ 3 ]
Tuff Red A/S Lotion

After sustaining my first cut in a long time yesterday through careless strokes ,I was determined to make amends. Made sure that I tried to adhere to my usual stroke pattern and not rush, and was pleased that The Shave was trouble free and did not open up the cut area.I think I have learnt to take more care when switching blades.

IMG_1619.jpg

Todays Cold Water Shave Kit - Thursday 26th August 2021

Shave Score 10.0/ 10.0

PreShave: Hot Shower \ PAA The Cube 2.0 "Menthol" \ Signature Soaps - Patchouli\Orange Foaming Shower Wash
PreShave: PAA The Cube 2.0 "Non-Menthol"
Soap: Tabac
Brush: Yaqi 26mm - Timber Wolf
Razor: Karve Aluminium (C)
Blade: Gillette Super Blue (2)
Post Shave ASL: Tabac
Post Shave Balm: Tabac
Post Shave Cologne: Tabac

Same Shave Different Day :)

Have a great day all.

Joe

IMG_0089.jpeg

SOTD 26-Aug
20210825_115147.jpg
Prep: Warm shower
Brush: C&H Fanchurian
Soap: HeV Cognac and Cuban Cigars
Razor: Tedalus Essence
Blade: Feather Professional Super (3)

Excellent shave this morning, the essence doing the trick in short order. I love this cognac and cuban but I may have to get rid, I get on well with it but sadly the Mrs does not. She likes the smell but it is quite strong and with her allergies she is sensitive to that kind of thing, win some lose some.

Either which way, grand shave and ready for the day ahead.

Hope everyone has a cracking day!

Cheers

Marc

Thursday 26th August
Anbbas Tux - OSP Grapefruit & Menthol - EndGem Speed 3dot - Gem Stainless Coated #6 - Alcolado Glacial Splash - Aloe Vera Gel
RW8CVYJ.jpg

As @James Riley's release of Grapefruit & Menthol has been delayed, I thought I'd apologise in advance to @Bogeyman, @Boycie83, @hotmetal & @LeeMaz

Thursday 26th August
Anbbas Tux - OSP Grapefruit & Menthol - EndGem Speed 3dot - Gem Stainless Coated #6 - Alcolado Glacial Splash - Aloe Vera Gel
RW8CVYJ.jpg

As @James Riley's release of Grapefruit & Menthol has been delayed, I thought I'd apologise in advance to @Bogeyman, @Boycie83, @hotmetal & @LeeMaz
chicago fire nbc GIF by One Chicago
:ROFLMAO:

OSP is on my soap list for next month, along with Signature soaps. Hopefully the delay won’t be too long!

IMG_20210826_100918_6~3.jpg
SOTD 26th August

Razor - Wilkinson sword classic
Blade - Souplex
Soap - Simpsons luxury shaving cream
Brush - Simpsons TR3

Five days of stubble mowed down with ease using a cheap plastic Wilkinson sword classic, which goes to show you don't need to spend big bucks on the latest stainless steel or titanium razor if you don't want to in order to get a sterling shave, this razor can be had for around £5.00 from chemist's up and down the UK.
Am I going to sell all my top end razors and stick with these types of razors......of course not! I was just proving a point to myself. This razor was kindly gifted to me by @saj1985 thank you.

Have a nice day

Paul.

IMG_20210825_16sm.jpg

I’ve been looking over my shave log, and it seems that I have been neglecting the Gold Tech. So out it comes. I have some onerous Fogey financial advice to offer today, so I must be clean shaven and the Tech always does the trick.

While the sun isn’t shining today (yet?), I will conjure up sunny, sea breezes by using Fitjar Fjellheim which is deliciously fresh and summery. This will be followed up by some Phoenix & Beau Trafalgar splash, which matches the ozone airiness.

Razor: Gillette Gold Tech 1955 - A1
Blade: Voskhod (3)
Soap: Fitjar Fjellheim
Brush: Yaqi Aqua
Pre-shave: PAA Cube
Post-shave: P&B Trafalgar
Bowl: Captain’s Choice Copper

26/08/21
Pre - Wahl Clippers out and had a Haircut, Shower, Cold water Face Rinse
Brush - Simpson Chubby 2 Faux Tortoise
Soap - Proraso Red
Razor - Rex Ambassador Adjustable #1.5
Blade - Timor SP (2)
Post - Cold water Rinse, TC's infused Witch Hazel
Balm - Proraso Red
A/S - Proraso Red

Wk34 (6).JPG
I completed a much needed haircut this morning before my shower 'n' shave,
The Rex was dialed down as the Timor blades have felt a bit "prickly" for the first shave in all the adjustable's i have used this week.
In the past i have noted they have smoothed out after a couple of uses and today was sharp and smooth.
Stay safe and enjoy your day all.

26 August

PAA Solstice
Yaqi Dandelion
Yaqi Katana
Personna med prep 1/2
Floïd Mentolado Vigoroso

5C50BEF7-B09F-45E8-A316-5BDC22E112ED.jpeg

I had a very nice shave this morning. The Dandelion brush created a wonderful rich lather with the Solstice soap, and a couple of smooth passes with the Katana was all it took for a super clean finish. The little half blade Katana, for me, almost has the efficiency of the Mühle R41, but it feels less risky in use, less liable to draw claret. I prefer the Katana, but that’s just me.

Gillette Aristocrat #22, Rapira Swede
Hand-carved Ash Barbershop Boar
Derby Stick
Benjamin’s Bay Rum
Astral Cream

This razor is simply stunning, a true museum piece in its faultless, original, rhodium plate. It also provided a lovely shave in partnership with the Rapira blade which is less good in my 34c but adds smoothness to this most wonderful TTO. Especially good, clean results above the top lip which can be a problem area for me if I’m not paying the proper attention.

Nice to get my mitts on some Benjy’s again. So cheap, kind on the skin with its lower alcohol content of 50% and smells great. More effective and better scented than manys a fancy product out there. I have a beautiful, old, Timothy White’s Cash Chemist bottle which is a fair size in its amber glory so I’ll hunt down the appropriate size of cork and decant the BBR. Functional and with lovely form - William Morris may we’ll have approved.

Sat back listening to England having at the Indians in the third test. Cricket and sunshine with a smooth, refreshed physog - does it get any better?

Back
Top Bottom