SOTD : Saturday 21st August to Friday 27th August 2021

Friday 08.27.21 SOTD

16n0tvd.png

Gillette ‘32 New SC Gold Common Bar / Rapira Platinum Lux
Vintage Barbershop Boar Bristle Shaving Brush West Germany
Wholly Kaw Fougere Mania Shaving Soap & After Shave Splash

Last SOTD for this week and this one carried the theme 'Remember you're a Womble'

20210826_214447.jpg

Dreadful bloody song

Great Uncle Bulagaria Coburg- Stainless General
Tobermory - Feather Super Professional
Orinoco - Wee Whiskey Barrel
Madame Cholet - Menrock Scicilian Lime
Shansi - Faena aftershave balm

Back to something familiar to end the week on. After a week of unfamiliar items it is nice to return to something where expectations will always be realised. The General just has to be up there with the best of the SE's. Simplicity with effectiveness. A perfect recipe for wonderful shaves and this one being no different. Nice to revert back to a cream as well and free of all the arsing around with soaps.

Altogether a cracking shave to end the week on and massive Friday Womble factor. Cock-a-doodle-doo all the way.

Have a great weekend you people with sharp bits of metal and I hope everyone is safe and well and the same for your families and friends. Mine will be spent Womble hunting in Wimbledon to bag myself a brace of the little furry fuckers.

Have some Japanese ladies to end the week on. And I love you all

47BA4C52-7894-4ADA-9469-303F51FDCAEB.jpeg

Prep: Face wash with just water.

Pre: None.

Soap: Tabac.

Brush: Omega #625 silver tip badger.

Razor: Hone 15 brass.

Blade: Vintage Wilkinson Sword.

I decided in honour of my new arrival I’d go for an old school and metallic themed shave. That obviously meant the Tabac was opened and my old discontinued Omega 625. The Wilkinson blades were gifted kindly by @Gairdner and came with the Hone which is in great condition. As I expected I prefer the extra weight but I’ll want to give it a proper run out over the next two days as I was in a bit of a rush to get out today so only managed a 2 pass DFS. I really had a satisfying heft to it which on first impressions gives it the extra efficiency I missed slightly on the 15a but I’ll wait to confirm that tomorrow with a proper 3 pass shave.
I genuinely don’t think I’ll need another razor after this but will say that’s me done for a while, (yes I’m aware this is the second time in a couple of weeks I’ve said this, but in my defence it was the same razor in aluminium and now brass). It’s a real shame Hone are having issues producing the steel version, as this is the first razor I’d consider getting all versions of!

View attachment 75977

Prep: Face wash with just water.

Pre: None.

Soap: Tabac.

Brush: Omega #625 silver tip badger.

Razor: Hone 15 brass.

Blade: Vintage Wilkinson Sword.

I decided in honour of my new arrival I’d go for an old school and metallic themed shave. That obviously meant the Tabac was opened and my old discontinued Omega 625. The Wilkinson blades were gifted kindly by @Gairdner and came with the Hone which is in great condition. As I expected I prefer the extra weight but I’ll want to give it a proper run out over the next two days as I was in a bit of a rush to get out today so only managed a 2 pass DFS. I really had a satisfying heft to it which on first impressions gives it the extra efficiency I missed slightly on the 15a but I’ll wait to confirm that tomorrow with a proper 3 pass shave.
I genuinely don’t think I’ll need another razor after this but will say that’s me done for a while, (yes I’m aware this is the second time in a couple of weeks I’ve said this, but in my defence it was the same razor in aluminium and now brass). It’s a real shame Hone are having issues producing the steel version, as this is the first razor I’d consider getting all versions of!
Great seeing the Hone being used. For me, it was a good shaver but a little too heavy for precision and alas, its stunning, award winning modern looks, grate a little on my old fashioned soul. Putting performance first, it’s very efficient and one of the best razors out there. That’s my tuppence.

Those blades, eh? ❤️

27/8/21

Brush - Yaqi Plissoft 24mm
Soap - La Toja Stick
Razor - Ball End Tech
Blade - Gillette Platinum (1)
Post - Witch Hazel/Lea Balm
AS - Superdrug Forest Fresh

In my container of loose blades, I found one with no markings visible from the paper so took it out and it was a Gillette Platinum, a blade I've not used for a while. In the shave it is an odd one in some ways, incredibly smooth and produces a very close shave but it wasn't massively comfortable, difficult to say why, I find myself largely preferring Gillette's stainless varieties of blades.

I'd not used La Toja for a while, it produces quite a dense and glossy lather, a very pleasant scent to it as well.

Finished the shave with the humble Superdrug Forest Fresh splash, I think it might be one of my favourite splashes, it's a nice inoffensive green kind of scent that my nose seems to really enjoy, the post shave feel isn't bad as well.

Anyway gents, I hope you are well and have good Friday.

Fri 27th August

Stirling Syn 26mm
P & B Pall Mall
Yaqi Raster V2
Schick Proline ( 4 )
Puig Quorum A/S Lotion

A very straight forward Daily Shave, nice and smooth with a Top Notch finish. I am enjoying the Brush which must have sat on the Shelf unused for a few years as I thought it too big. Have now realised it is great at working up a lather in a standard sized bowl.

788C464A-1515-4BE2-BEC4-12B1C292A9B7.jpeg

Great seeing the Hone being used. For me, it was a good shaver but a little too heavy for precision and alas, its stunning, award winning modern looks, grate a little on my old fashioned soul. Putting performance first, it’s very efficient and one of the best razors out there. That’s my tuppence.

Those blades, eh? ❤️
One of the best I’ve used!

Friday AM 2021-08-27
National Tarzan Day (Tarzan debuted in the novel 'Tarzan of the Apes,' which was published in installments in The All-Story magazine, starting with the October 1912 issue, on this date)
kUzG4XP.jpg

Rooney 2/1 Faux Horn Finest (22/52)
Brooks Brothers shaving soap (tallow)
LASSC BBS-1
Personna Super Platinum Chrome (12)
Brooks Brothers aftershave
T0XoROs.jpg

Friday AM 2021-08-27
National Tarzan Day (Tarzan debuted in the novel 'Tarzan of the Apes,' which was published in installments in The All-Story magazine, starting with the October 1912 issue, on this date)
kUzG4XP.jpg

Rooney 2/1 Faux Horn Finest (22/52)
Brooks Brothers shaving soap (tallow)
LASSC BBS-1
Personna Super Platinum Chrome (12)
Brooks Brothers aftershave
T0XoROs.jpg
I really love your Rooney brushes! Did you not once or still have a splendid collection of Somerset Simpsons?

Back
Top Bottom