SOTD : Saturday 21st August to Friday 27th August 2021

View attachment 75977

Prep: Face wash with just water.

Pre: None.

Soap: Tabac.

Brush: Omega #625 silver tip badger.

Razor: Hone 15 brass.

Blade: Vintage Wilkinson Sword.

I decided in honour of my new arrival I’d go for an old school and metallic themed shave. That obviously meant the Tabac was opened and my old discontinued Omega 625. The Wilkinson blades were gifted kindly by @Gairdner and came with the Hone which is in great condition. As I expected I prefer the extra weight but I’ll want to give it a proper run out over the next two days as I was in a bit of a rush to get out today so only managed a 2 pass DFS. I really had a satisfying heft to it which on first impressions gives it the extra efficiency I missed slightly on the 15a but I’ll wait to confirm that tomorrow with a proper 3 pass shave.
I genuinely don’t think I’ll need another razor after this but will say that’s me done for a while, (yes I’m aware this is the second time in a couple of weeks I’ve said this, but in my defence it was the same razor in aluminium and now brass). It’s a real shame Hone are having issues producing the steel version, as this is the first razor I’d consider getting all versions of!

The vintage Wilkie should be good for 5-6 smooth shaves

No more new razors for a while Lee?
All I can say to that is Timeless. . . . . You'll know you've reached DE Nirvana !

Gillette Aristocrat Jnr
Vintage English Wilkie
Hand-carved Marbled Beech 2-band
Hampshire Lanolin No.3 Soap
Benjamin’s Bay Rum
Astral Cream

After ridding myself of the dubious beard, I’m really rather enjoying the daily shave. It’s great being back on the fora, enjoying the banter and lusting after some of the gorgeous kit on show.

Today’s rasp was just lovely and these vintage razors truly are delightful to use as well as look upon. A satisfied sigh and I’m off to do said lusting…

Best,
Graeme

Last edited:
f3GRGHu.jpg

Aug. 27, 2021 - MMOC day 27

I'm away for a 3 night city break - went to York. Shave gear got safely packed and arrived with me in one piece.

2 Passes for DFS... going for a meal out tomorrow so will shave beforehand - therefore decided to leave it at that. Good easy shave. Blade was tugging a bit - but definitely less than on GEM side which got used in all but one shaves until today. Seems like at this point, the 'Stainless steel' side.

Slight tingling came from aftershave. Good shave all in all.

I'm really boared of this setup. There's no XXX going on between me and this set whatsoever. I'm dull to it now... and the blade is not that far off it. I just had to. Sorry not sorry.

Been out to few shops trying some fragrances. There's Penhaligon's outlet here - and one of the scents I've tried is Cairo - such a lovely scent. It's seriously tempting me. Also tried few fragrances from Rituals (cosmetics company)... ended up grabbing one cheapie EDP from there - quite nice fresh scent with notes of orris, pomegranate and tonka bean. It does state feminine... but to my nose it just smells fresh and slightly floral/citrusy. Good fresh scent - something I'll be wearing myself. I'm a rebel against the label.

f3GRGHu.jpg

Aug. 27, 2021 - MMOC day 27

I'm away for a 3 night city break - went to York. Shave gear got safely packed and arrived with me in one piece.

2 Passes for DFS... going for a meal out tomorrow so will shave beforehand - therefore decided to leave it at that. Good easy shave. Blade was tugging a bit - but definitely less than on GEM side which got used in all but one shaves until today. Seems like at this point, the 'Stainless steel' side.

Slight tingling came from aftershave. Good shave all in all.

I'm really boared of this setup. There's no XXX going on between me and this set whatsoever. I'm dull to it now... and the blade is not that far off it. I just had to. Sorry not sorry.

Been out to few shops trying some fragrances. There's Penhaligon's outlet here - and one of the scents I've tried is Cairo - such a lovely scent. It's seriously tempting me. Also tried few fragrances from Rituals (cosmetics company)... ended up grabbing one cheapie EDP from there - quite nice fresh scent with notes of orris, pomegranate and tonka bean. It does state feminine... but to my nose it just smells fresh and slightly floral/citrusy. Good fresh scent - something I'll be wearing myself. I'm a rebel against the label.
The Cairo I‘ve had since just before official launch, love that one, great for a night out.

The one penhaligons I’ve wanted for years but dont wanna pay £192 for is ’Much Ado about the Duke” :)

The vintage Wilkie should be good for 5-6 smooth shaves

No more new razors for a while Lee?
All I can say to that is Timeless. . . . . You'll know you've reached DE Nirvana !
Even I can’t justify 3 new razors in a month! As much as I love the brass one you have for sale! If it had been next pay day…
The Wilkinson sword blade is amazing and I was gifted 5 I think plus others very generously by @Gairdner.

20210823_180500.jpg
S'sOTW 22nd - 27th
Brush - Yaqi Butterscotch 22mm Cashmere
Soap - Ach Brito Mogno
Razor - Hill&Drew TTO
Blade - Gillette Platinum - 3 uses
Post - Barts Balm Lime and Grapefruit & Pink Pepper

Lucky enough to get away to Greece for a week so took this cheap set up. All in all performed pretty well. Soap and Balm's were outstanding so they'll be staying in my travel kit whenever the next opportunity to travel arises! Brush wasn't great for me to face lather a soap where I rub the bar into my stubble - this brush seems to perform much better when it's loaded from a puck! Razor was only adequate - think it's performance was boosted by the excellent blade - undecided if it will stay in the travel kit.
I'll do my best to catch up with the SOTD posts but I hope you've all been well this past week. Best wishes all.

View attachment 76089
S'sOTW 22nd - 27th
Brush - Yaqi Butterscotch 22mm Cashmere
Soap - Ach Brito Mogno
Razor - Hill&Drew TTO
Blade - Gillette Platinum - 3 uses
Post - Barts Balm Lime and Grapefruit & Pink Pepper

Lucky enough to get away to Greece for a week so took this cheap set up. All in all performed pretty well. Soap and Balm's were outstanding so they'll be staying in my travel kit whenever the next opportunity to travel arises! Brush wasn't great for me to face lather a soap where I rub the bar into my stubble - this brush seems to perform much better when it's loaded from a puck! Razor was only adequate - think it's performance was boosted by the excellent blade - undecided if it will stay in the travel kit.
I'll do my best to catch up with the SOTD posts but I hope you've all been well this past week. Best wishes all.
Monday 08.30.21 SOTD

wHh6YvL.jpg

Barbaros TR-2 / Gillette‌ 7 O'clock Yellow
Heritage Collection Ever-Ready 26mm SHD Fan
Wholly Kaw Fougere Mania Shaving Soap & Aftershave

Wrong week chaps

Back
Top Bottom