SOTD : Saturday 21st August to Friday 27th August 2021

SOTD : 21st August 2021.

9.jpg

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/Cien Mint & Tea Tree Shower Gel.

Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face.
FatFace Ocean Escape Soap Bar.
Brush: Yaqi 24mm Sagrada Familia Synthetic.
Bowl Lather.
Bowl: Home Bargains Stainless Steel Side Bowl.
Lather : MWF.
Blade : Mers SuperShave X Platinum. (D1)
Razor: Merkur 34c.

Cold water face wash with brush squeezings, Cold Water face Rinse. /Homemade (~Spring/Summer mix~) Lemon, Eucalyptus, Tea Tree, Essential Oils.+3 Menthol Crystals Mixed Together With 200ml of Care+Witch Hazel./ Nivea Men Sensitive Cooling PSB./Milton Lloyd The Man Silver EdT.

Greetings,

(Wool Fat lanolin Based Shaving Soap Week.)

A new shave set up to start the weekend...Recently i have had been having some wonderful shaves with my wool fat lanolin based shaving soaps so for all my shaves this week i shall be using them....Starting off with MWF. I absolutely love this soap once I stopped trying to figured out how to get the best from it.... "Being on a over zealous quest to achieve perfection from any shaving soap or any shaving item as a matter of fact is pointless IMHO".. I have realised you just loaded it up with a damp brush, add water to the tips of the brush in between each pass and hey presto it creates an acceptable slick lather. Some shaving soaps and creams, however some work better than others, but all create an acceptable lather with a little patience & effort.

I like the mild lavender/spicy scent of MWF which isn't an "overpowering in your face scent" like some other shaving soaps have. On a personal note a shaving soap fragrance isn't that important to me as once I've rinsed my face with water the fragrance has virtually disappeared...What is important is a shaving soap provides slickness glide, protection and a good post shave feel, MWF does all this and more.

A close comfortable 2 pass + pick ups shave with no errors to report...Finishing to the shave off with a few small squirts of Milton Lloyd The Man EdT to the pulse points.

My face is feeling silky smooth & smelling divine.;)

Stay safe, and enjoy the start of the weekend ladies & gentlemen.:cool:

Last edited:
Today's shave:

rdt210821vyjan.jpg

- Benediktiner Seifenmanufaktur
- Semogue BC 2013 LE Cerda
- Gillette Tech with Feather blade
- Klosterfrau Melissengeist

:D

Despite name and appearance, the soap isn't actually made by (or even near) any monks though (I think), but I decided to go with the theme anyway. :) Performance is good, and the scent seems very similar to "De Vergulde Hand".

Sat 21 SR SOTD
Soap Henri et Victoria Cognac & Cuban Cigars
Brush Yaqi 24mm Silvertip
Razor Torrey 5/8 Near Wedge
Aftershaves Stirling Witchhazel MitA + Henri et Victoria Cognac & Cuban Cigars Balm
Terrific aromatic cognacish & cigarish scent! Creamy and slick enough for the task...
Another shave with this razor prior to being sent for some work. Overall was ok in 3passes for only sas result. No weepers but some sunburn-like irritation. Although smooth and sharp enough, a part of the edge needed work. Matching aftershave balm was awesome.
20210821_130357.jpg

Saturday 08.21.21 SOTD
1953 Schick‌ ‌Eversharp‌ ‌Injector‌ Type G8
NOS‌ ‌Schick‌ ‌Eversharp‌ ‌Injector‌ ‌Blade‌ ‌USA‌
Yaqi‌ ‌Moka‌ ‌Express‌ ‌26mm‌ ‌2-Band‌ ‌Badger
GD Amare Special Edition Kairos + Lamb Tallow
Prospectors Classic Aftershave Splash

DCrqUqa.png

21/08/21
Straight Shave Saturday
Pre - Pears Transparent Original Cold water Face wash
Brush - Semogue Torga C5 Boar
Soap - Proraso Red
Razor - Osborne, Garrett & Co Ltd The Kropp 6/8th #1
Blade - Andrew @Shavers Delights
Post - Cold water Rinse, TC's infused Witch Hazel
Balm - BartsBalm Tester A
A/S - Proraso Red
P8200011.JPG
Very Nice.
Stay safe and enjoy your day All

IMG_20210821_092938_0~3.jpg
IMG_20210821_101009_0~3.jpg
SOTD 21st August

Razor - Baili - Victory
Blade - Souplex
Soap - Arko
Brush - Zenith unbleached boar
Post - Brut aftershave

Everything but the blade and the brush was gifted to me by a fellow member. Thank you Saj.
The razor and blade combo mowed down seven days of growth with ease, the razor felt like my Feather Portable in use.
The Arko stick produced a thick stable lather.
A good splash of Brut aftershave finished off this very good shave.

@saj1985

Until the next time, be well.

Paul.

Last edited:
237482742_564675584863969_2425935356511303053_n.jpg
Prep: Shower, Palmolive Olive Oil Soap
Soap: Floris 89
Brush: 24mm Yaqi Aqua Beaux Silvertip Premium synthetic
Razor: Merkur 34C HD
Blade: Gillette Super Blue (1)

First time using the Floris following a recent BST purchase. Out of the box the smell is pleasantly intoxicating - possibly built up from time in storage. On the face, it dissipates very quickly though, with little left behind after a few minutes.
The Floris does have one note that I find in many "powdery" scents like this though, and I can best describe it as cigarette smoke. I'm not talking tobacco, or cuban cigars here, but as an ex-smoker I can only liken it to a room where an ashtray's been left, or clothes the morning after a night in the pub when smoking was allowed! If anyone can shed light on what I'm zoning in on, I'd be interested to know!
Lather quality was very, very good. Super Blue beyond reproach and all in all a damn fine shave. Not a soap for everyday use, but definitely one I'll return to and enjoy.

SOTD 21-Aug
DSC02113.jpg
Prep: Warm shower and PAA Cube
Brush: C&H Fanchurian
Soap: OSP Business Time
Razor: Blackland Blackbird
Blade: Gillette Minora

Cracking shave this morning, I like the angular aesthetics of the blackbird. Very smooth shave with no drama, time will tell but this could easily be a 'no time in the morning' type of razor. Felt like I could throw it around my face with little risk but it was still easily able to deliver a smooth finish.

Ready for the little ones birthday party, 3 year old to be pumped full of sugar (think I'm going to pass out with exhaustion at the end!)

Hope everyone had a grand day!

Cheers

Marc

Morning shave

Razor: karve stainless D plate
Blade: Gillette platinum 1st use
Brush: Alpha outlaw synthetic
Alum bloc
Pre shave: PAA cube
Soap balm splash & edp : murphy & Mcneil St James
Went for a 3 pass shave this morning using the karve and first ever use of a gillette platinum blade the blade paired really well with the Karve.
The scent on the soap is amazing you can smell it before the tub is even open it kinda reminds me of like a chocolate cookie scent and the lather looks like the head on a pint of Guinness the splash and edp also have a really nice scent

20210821_092940.jpg20210821_094049.jpg20210821_094130.jpg20210821_094347.jpg20210821_094432.jpg20210821_094759.jpg20210821_094832.jpg

Back
Top Bottom